Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 14:59   #451
Senior - BHPian

I watched , The Car and Bike Show in NDTV today . The reviewed the Dzire . They are commenting that the plastic quality is same as the Swift and the rear is cramped as well. I thought Maruti would be slightly increase the rear leg room to make it comfortable for long journeys .
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:11   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I watched , The Car and Bike Show in NDTV today . The reviewed the Dzire . They are commenting that the plastic quality is same as the Swift and the rear is cramped as well. I thought Maruti would be slightly increase the rear leg room to make it comfortable for long journeys .
Quote:
Interiors: Beige + Black instead of the dark gray and black in the 2007 Swifts. I think this may be the same as the new swifts. The wheelbase has not changed but the inclination of the rear seat has changed from the hatch version. Definitely more legspace at the back. So that is a definite thumbs up. The rear seat has a centre arm rest like the SX4. The seat covers are beige. Climate control and steering mounted ICE controls as expected.
From: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-pictures.html
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:11   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Did you try the back seats out to make that comment? I ask because the latest episode of The Car & Bike Show on NDTV commented that the back seat is cramped as compared to the Swift. They had the car and were passing on their initial comments on it.

For me, swift's rear seat back looked like ______ , where as Dzire's looked more like \____/,which gives more support to the side of our body. Hope you understand what i am trying to convey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
If the PDI was not done it would have been in a dirty condition.
ram
The 12V socket was missing and i could see only wire connectors for it!!! Is it normal for maruti to forget vital accessories? Or they send them separately to the dealer to be fixed? I am talking about ZDI version.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:51   #454
Senior - BHPian

The dzire has better seat fabrics than the swift and the rear leg space is a bit more than the swift.The rear seat inclination is more than the swift.Rest of the plastics are shared with the swift.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:04   #455
BHPian

The reporter in car and bike show on NDTV said
* the rear seat has inclination which improved the space/comfort/whatever
* rear seat is however still cramped

The showed one shot which had almost zilch foot space for (in front of) the rear seat. Maybe the front seats were pulled all the way back ?
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:16   #456
Senior - BHPian

I will head to ram's place as soon as i get some time off from work.

waiting for the pricing to decide..
Old 24th March 2008, 07:30   #457
BHPian

The expected price point of the Dzire Zxi Petrol variant is a sweet spot IMO, for me Kinda almost made up my mind on it. Need to see the vehicle in person and possibly a TD in order to make up my "almost made up" mind, although my heart still pines for a thoroughbred SUV
Old 24th March 2008, 14:39   #458
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys i got the brochure today from MSIL.As predicted there is 7 colors available.Solid bright red,pearl metallic artic white,metallic midnight black,metallic silky silver,metallic azure Grey-all swift colors.Metallic clear beige-sx4 color,metallic sovereign blue-new shade.this new shade is similar to the verna blue.
Other main attractions are:-
lxi/ldi,vxi/vdi,zxi/zdi comes in three different trim levels for the fabric,ie lxi and ldi would have silver black soft fabric,vxi and vdi comes in bluish Grey soft fabric,zxi and zdi would come in beige soft fabric.
Other than the normal features one item caught my attention.Vxi/Vdi in spite of not having a climate control has a display wherein out side air temp is displayed.This was a function in zxi swift and the zxi sx4.Vxi comes with normal a/c like in the swift vxi.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 14:44   #459
BHPian

Great Info Ram..!!
Now I am waiting for you to disclose the prices (before the official release ofcourse)!!!
Old 24th March 2008, 14:48   #460
tez
BHPian

hey ram, what would be the major difference between lxi and vxi? Is ABS and airbags an option for Lxi as well? what about differences like tachometer not available in lxi/ldi models?
Old 24th March 2008, 14:52   #461
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 info Ram.

Does LDi comes with Power windows ? and does DZire have 40:60 split seats ?
Old 24th March 2008, 17:32   #462
Senior - BHPian

Thread Closed

Test Drive Report & pics posted here

Swift Dzire test Drive & Pics

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed