Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 12:20   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
lenth of dzire is 4135,width and height same as swift,wheel base is same as swift.
ram

then it will not get any benefits which indigo cs is getting,interms of taxes..

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 13th February 2008 at 12:21.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

yes but wait for the budget to come out.msil surely misses mr khattar at this point.
ram
Old 13th February 2008, 12:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

Thanks

Thanks Ram_,

So this means that the Swift Dzire will not benifit from the tax concessions. Sad.

I hope that Maruti tries to get the car shorter by 135mm by redesigning the rear bumper.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:31   #94
BHPian

Dzire gonna b dirt cheap and is expected early March 2008

Source: Economic Times Chandigarh Edition Dated 27/02/08
Old 27th February 2008, 18:54   #95
BANNED

Hey buddy, you want a sedan or an auto from Maruti?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I hope that Maruti tries to get the car shorter by 135mm by redesigning the rear bumper.
Old 27th February 2008, 19:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ram_,

So this means that the Swift Dzire will not benefit from the tax concessions. Sad.

i think 135mm is lots as compared to fusion which was over by8mm, it took ford quite some time to chop off those 8mm IIRC. so it ll take a major redesign of the bumpers if they want to reduce 135mm.IMHO

Last edited by dr.abhijeet : 27th February 2008 at 19:09. Reason: spell
Old 27th February 2008, 19:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Swift Dzire LXi Details, Maruti Swift Dzire LXi Specifications, Maruti Swift Dzire LXi Price , Buy Maruti Swift Dzire LXi, Comparison - Automotive at MaxAbout.com

the details on the price and other details on the car
Old 27th February 2008, 19:42   #98
BHPian

Maruti to kick off price war with diesel Dzire....Maruti to kick off price war with diesel Dzire- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 27th February 2008, 20:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Once this is released and we can have a good look at it.

I would like the Mods to open a poll for the most Ugly Sedan on Indian roads.

Hell lets make is a Most Ugly Car on indian roads poll.
Old 27th February 2008, 20:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Yes iron wolf,it looks odd for a sedan shape.But it will sure win the heart like the swift.dzire has a more sharp take it or leave it appeal,but the boot is a welcome which many wanted.The feeling i got was regarding the odd front rather than the back of the dzire.The front does not compliment a sedan look,lol.Its subjective though.
ram
Old 28th February 2008, 04:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Yes iron wolf,it looks odd for a sedan shape.But it will sure win the heart like the swift.dzire has a more sharp take it or leave it appeal,but the boot is a welcome which many wanted.The feeling i got was regarding the odd front rather than the back of the dzire.The front does not compliment a sedan look,lol.Its subjective though.
ram
I am inclined to agree with you on that one. I guess this feeling stems from the fact that one is used to the front looks of the Swift which is a hatch.

The scenario is similar to the Indica vis-a-vis the Indigo where one cant be too sure from a distance if its an Indica or an Indigo unless he pops over to the rear of the car.
Old 28th February 2008, 06:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

from the looks of this, it seems like the sx4 is going suffer some sales losses, if the ex-showroom price in mumbai itself is close to 5.5lacs for vxi which is petrol, then i think i can add another 10k for the ex-showroom hyderabad, and then the on road price is sure going to be around 6.3L for this and what will be the diesel's price?

and imo they are not going to release the sedan diesel are they? if they do then it will surely kill the sx4! just my opinion what do you say guys?
Old 28th February 2008, 06:31   #103
BHPian

I think that we need to wait n watch. Above link says that the LXi will be priced at 5.4 lakhs ex showroom, whereas ET reports the diesel price tag to be around 5.4 lakhs ex showroom. Looks like everyone are just predicting.

Am not sure why Maruti should try to compete with Indigo in diesel category by initiating a price war when the DDiS engine supply is way below the demand in its swift. Is there any plan for Maruti to increase the production of diesel engines in the near future ?
Old 28th February 2008, 07:19   #104
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to make it more affordable.

I mentioned that the length would be cut by 135mm because I wanted the car to more affordable so that it can easily and more comfortably beat the Indigo CS.

Yes I admit that it was greed on my part as far as price is concerned, but even if that does not happen, we all will be watching a great car at a great price. At least that is the picture right now.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mentioned that the length would be cut by 135mm because I wanted the car to more affordable so that it can easily and more comfortably beat the Indigo CS.

Yes I admit that it was greed on my part as far as price is concerned, but even if that does not happen, we all will be watching a great car at a great price. At least that is the picture right now.
It is not at all possible for them to shave off the excess from either bumpers.The overhang is too small and if something has to be done then there should be no bumpers at all.So lets wait for the budget and if the limit is increased by 200 mm then the scenario is changed.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks