Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 17:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I just got a call from my dealer. He too had his training today at Malad and saw the car. He said that the top of the line ZDi would be about 7 lakhs. Further, he said that the rear looks like a Beemer
7 Lacs and ZDi. OTR might be around 8L. Anybody will buy Swift Dezire ZDi with all the safety features compared to Logan/Indigo. I can sense the mad rush for this car right now if the pricing mentioned above is correct.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great work Ram! ZDi with twin Airbags & ABS will be a hit! I think this will be first car in the lower C segment to offer both. It will make all other C segment manufacturers stand up and take notice.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Further, he said that the rear looks like a Beemer

Yeah, maybe this can become the middle class indian's "beemer"! Like the way some good ol' ambys roam around with the 3-pointed star on the bonnet!
Old 11th February 2008, 17:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

beemer looks -basically due to the rear boot design as in the volvo cars .price should be between 40-50k more than the swift counterpart.i dont find any reason why it shouldnt sell,the one opinion i made was that the A -pillar should be body colored.
and this is a design and development made exclusively in INDIA-something to be proud of.
ram
Old 11th February 2008, 17:52   #50
BHPian

Ram, do you have any snaps that you can share? How does it look from the side profile? Does it evoke mixed feelings like the SX4?
Old 11th February 2008, 17:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
beemer looks -basically due to the rear boot design as in the volvo cars .price should be between 40-50k more than the swift counterpart.i dont find any reason why it shouldnt sell,the one opinion i made was that the A -pillar should be body colored.
and this is a design and development made exclusively in INDIA-something to be proud of.
ram
I hope the looks are only subjective. But when you get most of the safety features, FE, Boot etc with the price above price tag, one would seldom care about the looks.

BTW, Ram did you take any snaps.

Last edited by snaronikar : 11th February 2008 at 17:54.
Old 11th February 2008, 18:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

it was a no-no on snaps.i could have taken but board rules had to be maintained.its the same one which was earlier posted in t-bhp.the surprise was the zdi.we all had the petrol variants in head but this took us for a broad smile.its going to burn the tracks.wheel base and all are same.
ram
Old 11th February 2008, 18:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

i had to mention one more thing ,its-DZIRE.logan and the indigo are to take the hit.indigo is curently the market leader in that segment.sx4 or swift need not be affected at all.they have demarked both these with clear margin.
ram
Old 11th February 2008, 19:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hope they address rattling issues to the best possible extent. Nice to hear that looks were not boring atleast for r_h, hence definitely will not be chewed as logon for looks.

More space+boot with just addition of 30 kgs - Will that result in even poor build quality than Swift?
Old 11th February 2008, 19:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
it was a no-no on snaps.i could have taken but board rules had to be maintained.its the same one which was earlier posted in t-bhp.the surprise was the zdi.we all had the petrol variants in head but this took us for a broad smile.its going to burn the tracks.wheel base and all are same.
ram
That was a woderful explanation about the dezire..
Than you very much.
Is the handling same as Swift?
Old 11th February 2008, 21:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Good info Ram.

I have posted about the ZDi variant yesterday itself.

Check this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys just confirmed, ZDi variant will not be launched in the Swift. Infact te ZDi is being launched in the Swift Dezire & not the Swift hatch. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 11th February 2008, 21:33   #57
BHPian

Ram, what about the panel gaps?
Are they as bad as in the picture that was posted in other threads?
Old 11th February 2008, 21:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i had to mention one more thing ,its-DZIRE.logan and the indigo are to take the hit.
I would imagine this is so - its time someone gave Indigo some serious competition in the value segment.
Old 11th February 2008, 21:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I would imagine this is so - its time someone gave Indigo some serious competition in the value segment.
This car would start at 6+L on road for diesel. Value segment will not be a problem for Tata as the CS will be available on road close to 5L.

Nonetheless, great car -this will kill the ailing Logan and be a serious threat to cars like Fiesta & Verna. First time we have a 6L diesel which offers as good engine and dynamics as them.

Now, if the bring the SX4 diesel soon....
Old 11th February 2008, 21:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Shouldnt it be Indigo CS ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks