Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 00:03   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Shouldnt it be Indigo CS ?
Dont think DZIRE can compete with Indigo CS on price. All those who want a sedan at hatch prices with buy CS.

However, CS skips on everything including power windows. So, people who want a proper sedan will have to choose between Indigo- Logan-Dzire. And with the 1.3 DDiS, Dzire does hold a good advantage.
Old 12th February 2008, 00:25   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
it was a no-no on snaps.i could have taken but board rules had to be maintained.its the same one which was earlier posted in t-bhp.the surprise was the zdi.we all had the petrol variants in head but this took us for a broad smile.its going to burn the tracks.wheel base and all are same.
ram
Are you sure the wheel base will be the same as the Swift? If as you say the rear seat is more spacious and also more inclined, they would probably need to stretch the wheel base to generate the extra space. Just like the the Indigo has a 50 mm longer wheelbase than the Indica.
Old 12th February 2008, 03:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Without the 'M' series engine, is this going to be another case of the old wine in a new bottle ?
Old 12th February 2008, 04:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dont think DZIRE can compete with Indigo CS on price. All those who want a sedan at hatch prices with buy CS.

However, CS skips on everything including power windows. So, people who want a proper sedan will have to choose between Indigo- Logan-Dzire. And with the 1.3 DDiS, Dzire does hold a good advantage.

I think they would price it smartly, they wouldn't want it to compete with the SX4...so it def going to be less expensive that the SX4 but more expensive than the Swift.
All speculation from my side though, lets hope its smartly priced.
The diesel version, its def gonna eat into logan's customer base, big time.
Old 12th February 2008, 05:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

but some how these days people are more aware of things like after market power window systems etc,and they can be added later on if the need be so much, as there are brands like autocops etc.
so there just might be better sales for indigo cs as its priced perfectly you see they are avaliable for 5lac odd onroad and has a adequate 70ps power house too! its tdi engine right?

and its lesser by 40K even when compared to the base model swift hatch! so what do you guys say about this?

wont it give the competitors a very tough fight?
atleast i think so!
Old 12th February 2008, 06:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
so there just might be better sales for indigo cs as its priced perfectly you see they are avaliable for 5lac odd onroad and has a adequate 70ps power house too! its tdi engine right?

and its lesser by 40K even when compared to the base model swift hatch! so what do you guys say about this?

wont it give the competitors a very tough fight?
atleast i think so!

Yes, If Dezire cost more then 4.5 lac, then I would go with indigo CS GLS with power steering (for Rs 3.98lac).
Old 12th February 2008, 09:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
all out there waiting anxiously for the details,i saw the car in flesh.
Ram,
Thanks for the info.
Eager to see some more pics.
Is this the right one?

But the image in this link (Quickie - The Economic Times) is torture for eyes. Or it is because of the angle the phone is taken?

Last edited by Zappo : 12th February 2008 at 12:31. Reason: Post at one go please.
Old 12th February 2008, 11:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

the overall length is something arround 4130 ,but the hunch feel i got is they would shave further 130mm from the overhangs so that it will be in sub 4000 category.the chances are low for that since there is practically no overhang at the front for the swift.wait and watch.
it would be a fight of indigo and dzire.logan would be washed off in the tide.
Old 12th February 2008, 11:09   #69
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

did u manage to have a closer look at the panel gaps ... where the boot has been clubbed to the hatch ? how do the lines look ?
Old 12th February 2008, 11:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm. I think the competition will be between all three. Yes, logan's volume might get even lesser than at present. But it also depends on what price Dzire will be launched.

@ sj_koova: Looks OK to me as of now. An extension of current swift.
Old 12th February 2008, 11:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Yes, If Dezire cost more then 4.5 lac, then I would go with indigo CS GLS with power steering (for Rs 3.98lac).

what in the world makes you think that you will get dezire at that price, when the cost of the hatch itself is above the indigo cs, how do you expect maruti to launch the dezire at a price lower than the hatch?

indigo cs is your best option so far better book the red color today it did look awesome in the red color the last time i checked out in the showroom!

EDIT: also wanted to add the cost of the dezire is going to be way higher than indigo cs because its length is above 4 meters and the indigo is just 3889mm as i had checked it earlier!

so there is the wavier of the taxes and hence he is able to sell them at that kind of price other wise i dont think tata can price it that perfectly!

Last edited by rider60 : 12th February 2008 at 11:51.
Old 12th February 2008, 11:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hmmm. I think the competition will be between all three. Yes, logan's volume might get even lesser than at present. But it also depends on what price Dzire will be launched.

@ sj_koova: Looks OK to me as of now. An extension of current swift.
Yeah the white pic is nice. But the red pic in economictimes was ugly. I am note sure if those two actually look alike or the photo angle made the difference.
Why is Maruti not publishing anything on this yet!!
Old 12th February 2008, 12:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the overall length is something arround 4130 ,but the hunch feel i got is they would shave further 130mm from the overhangs so that it will be in sub 4000 category.the chances are low for that since there is practically no overhang at the front for the swift.wait and watch.

imo the pricing actually drives them into sort of two different segments!

because i am expecting atleast 1lac-1.25lac difference between the current top model of indigo cs and the basic model of dezire, no doubt this will wipe out the logan unless they price the vehicle perfectly and have good A.S.S.!

the shaving of the 130mm will be very difficult for the dezire! i dont think that will be done, for various reasons,

for starters it would drastically kill space! as we already know the distance between the front bumper and the driver's seating position is already big!,

and they might need to redesign the whole chassis allover again,etc!
Old 12th February 2008, 14:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the overall length is something arround 4130 ,but the hunch feel i got is they would shave further 130mm from the overhangs so that it will be in sub 4000 category
that will be next to impossible if they've decided a launch next month and what they have shown you is not updated. From what i read from your mail, even the wheelbase hasn't changed from swift.

this is pretty exciting going forward, once they have a compact sedan like tata does, and once tata puts that MJD in CS, we will start living in interesting times []
Old 12th February 2008, 14:58   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

EDIT: also wanted to add the cost of the dezire is going to be way higher than indigo cs because its length is above 4 meters and the indigo is just 3889mm as i had checked it earlier!

so there is the wavier of the taxes and hence he is able to sell them at that kind of price other wise i dont think tata can price it that perfectly!

i think it is 3988 mm,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks