Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 19:14   #46
BHPian

Can anyone help me when Honda Jazz is to be launched? as i am planning to go for a new car in comming new year and planning to pick from a list among HondaJazz, Fiat linea, SX4 diesel, newVerna,Toyota Yaris & GrandPunto
Old 17th September 2008, 20:45   #47
BANNED

guys...it would definitely not cost less than 6 lacs for sure...and the top model can go upto 7 to 7.5 lacs.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Honda jazz - June 2009 - priced between the Getz and the Fabia
Old 17th September 2008, 21:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
As regards if the car will qualifty for excise duty concessions : thus far, no version of the new Jazz / Fit has been announced with a 1.2 (or less) liter petrol engine.

The Japanese / South East Asian / American variants either use a 1.3 or 1.5 petrol.

The outgoing generation car is / was available with a 1.2 petrol ... but sadly it is MORE than 1200cc ... 1244 per Wiki (Honda Fit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). So, even if this engine were to be installed on the incoming generation, it would need to be modified to get below the 1.2 liter norm.

While modifying the engine to avail of India's excise duty benefit does not seem a difficult task for Honda, I somehow doubt that they will bother.
Gen1 Fit for JDM had a 1.2L i-dsi engine. Yes its the one that marginally over 1200cc.

Honda official has confirmed in an interview that they are doing a special engine for India that will come in under 1200 cc. My expectation is that its the existing one that will be modified. So, Honda is very much shooting for the tax break.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Can anyone help me when Honda Jazz is to be launched? as i am planning to go for a new car in comming new year and planning to pick from a list among HondaJazz, Fiat linea, SX4 diesel, newVerna,Toyota Yaris & GrandPunto
Your list has a mix of hatchback & sedan. Do specify if you really keen on diesel. Among the list Yaris will come in 2010 . SX4 diesel the day Maruti brings down the wait period. Linea - Even Fiat officials dont know.On a serious note Jazz will come in mid as NC mentioned. Sanchits has given the proper price expectation. But thank god they working on 1.2 litre for Indian version!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
guys...it would definitely not cost less than 6 lacs for sure...and the top model can go upto 7 to 7.5 lacs.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

This video need to be here not in the Honda city section. So here it is again.
Just to know the proportion of the car.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:59   #52
BHPian

Thanks to be everybody, i dont have any preference to Big hatchback or sedan nor petrol or diesel as both fuel going to cost the same in near future other than it should be an latest, reliable & best engine, i will wait till june of next year for the BEST.

Members please guide me to pick the right one among Linea,Grand Punto,SX4 Diesel (all three same engine),Honda Jazz,& I20 and i hope all these will be out within next june.
Old 27th September 2008, 18:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Whether it is overpriced or not, only the market will tell. Honda City was and is considered `overpriced' in the sense that other car makers give more `features' for less. Yet, it has remained the segment leader in India for most of its existence.
Old 27th September 2008, 22:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Jazz is coming in mid 2009 according to NDTV C&B show. Given the pricing of ANHC, Jazz should be reasonably priced as well.
Old 27th September 2008, 23:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Jazz is coming in mid 2009 according to NDTV C&B show. Given the pricing of ANHC, Jazz should be reasonably priced as well.
Same date mentioned in today's Economic Times. It even mentions Honda has preponed launch of Jazz by 6 months (which would mean originally they were looking at 2009-end ?)
Old 29th September 2008, 14:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Mostly Jazz is coming in the middle of next year.
Source :
Honda to launch Jazz by next June

Article.

Quote:

Honda to launch Jazz by next June

Acknowledging the importance of the small car segment in the domestic automobile sector, Japanese car major Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) has decided to advance the launch of its maiden small car Jazz to the middle of next year. Honda was planning to launch the car from its upcoming Tapukara plant but has now decided to roll it out from its mother plant in Greater Noida.

In view of the importance of small cars in Indian market and the enthusiastic response which we got for the Jazz when it was showcased at the Auto Expo in New Delhi this year, it has been decided to pre-pone the launch of the car to the middle of next year, said Takeo Fukui, president and CEO, Honda Motor Corp, while inaugurating the first phase of the Tapukara plant. The initial roll out will be done from the current plant at Greater Noida.

The Tapukara plant, which will have a capacity of 60,000 units per annum, is expected to be operational by 2009 end. Jazz was scheduled for an exclusive launch from this plant but the company changed it due to aid market conditions.

We are not going slow on the construction of this plant and everything is on track here, said Masahiro Takedagawa, president and CEO, HSCI. The pre-ponement of Jazz launch is because of greater demand for small cars here.

Due to the taxation structure today, small cars are in great demand and we want to fulfill that. Rather than launching it later in the year, we want to cash in on the most productive period of the year-the festive season which would not be possible if we were to roll out the car from the new plant, he said.

The company produces the flagship City, Civic and Accord sedans from its Greater Noida plant whose capacity was recently increased to 1 lakh units per annum. Takedagawa said that it would produce the City and the Jazz in a 60-40 ratio from the plant.

Though the company refused to divulge anything on the potential price of the Jazz, Takedagawa said its building cost would be very similar to the new City, which was launched on Thursday, indicating it will cost over Rs 5.5 lakh. There is a great commonality of components between the City and the Jazz and the price of the latter will be lower largely on account of lower excise duties, he said.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:27   #57
RGP
BHPian

"Takedagawa said that it would produce the City and the Jazz in a 60-40 ratio from the plant. "

Does this mean that Honda expects the City to be the high volume selling car rather than Jazz?
Old 29th September 2008, 15:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Honda jazz - June 2009 - priced between the Getz and the Fabia
If this is true, then I can't wait to get my hands on one!

More news (from ACI): Jazz 1.2 (90 bhp) and 1.4 (100 bhp) i-VTEC engines for India are ready. The 1.2 will come with a 5 speed manual and the 1.4 will come with manual and a six-speed paddle shift option.

With these kind of specs, I think the base Jazz should be around 6 lacs, with the top-end competing with the Fabia 1.4 Petrol at ~7.5

Moreover, I think that by that time, the Fabia will start being manufactured in India from the VW Chakan plant, leading to (perhaps) a price reduction. If that happens, then that would lead to the Jazz being priced quite competitively!
Old 1st October 2008, 12:23   #59
BHPian

Today in The Hindu The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : Presenting the Jazz
Quote:
These are official pictures of the new Honda Jazz which will be in India soon. The Jazz will come with two engine options, a 1.2-litre iVTEC producing 90bhp and a more powerful 1.4-litre iVTEC which puts out 100bhp.
The 1.2-litre engine displaces 1198cc exactly, qualifying it for a four percent excise cut, allowing Honda to price it competitively.
Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed semi-automatic, dubbed iSHIFT in Honda parlance.
This semi-automatic gearbox features a yaw sensor, which holds onto gears while cornering. The driver has an option of using it as a fully-automatic box, or using steering wheel-mounted paddles to shift gears. However, in manual mode, the gearbox will shift up at the redline, preventing the driver from over-revving the engine.
The Jazz intends to provide as much flexibility on the inside as one can hope for.
The rear seat flips and folds with the help of just a single lever and there is no need to remove the rear headrests either.
Honda claims the Jazz will return 20kpl in a typical European driving cycle, although this figure seems optimistic for India. Nevertheless, Honda engines are known to be frugal, so one can expect class-leading efficiency from the Jazz.
It also provides insight into why the ANHC did not get the lower iVTEC variants - they are going into Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
Will Honda Fit/ Jazz be overpriced??-2008100150070201.jpg  

Old 1st October 2008, 12:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

@Sridhar- If im not mistaken the same article had been in ACI , October.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks