Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 22:07   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I've been told that they are continuing with the same offers as May till the 10th of this month. It probably means dealers still have inventory to clear. So an official announcement for the upgrade might not come till the middle of this month. The cars take a couple of weeks in transit from Chennai so they will probably start getting new cars only by the end of this month. At least that's what I've been told...
I am in a similar situation too. But then I backed off from the old model thinking there will be a 1.6 Diesel coming - that doesn't seem to be happening however. Or will it?

That said, one dealer in Hyderabad has absolutely no cars and the second one has a few, in limited colors. On the price, don't forget Ford employees got a full 2 lakh discount in April!
Old 5th June 2008, 23:42   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Here is the sport vesion (courtesy:ACI). Headlamps w/ kajal, full skirting, rear spoiler and 195/55-15 boots.

Will this be the return of the spirit of OHC VTEC?
The current fiesta though simple, looks decent. I dont like the new bumper design, especially the front fog lamps. The current bumper/fog combo looks cool and they are spoiling it.

Maybe it might look better in flesh. But let's wait and see..
Old 8th June 2008, 07:59   #198
BHPian

Any updates guys? I was expecting deliveries of the new model by mid Jun since the dealer had told me that they'll be getting cars around that time. Now he says that It'll be around 20th. Its been about a month now since Ford stopped shipping Fiesta's. I wonder how long are they going to take to launch the new one?
Apart from dealers unable to clear stocks of the old model, could there be another reason?
They also managed to get the Auto Car India to take the story of the new Fiesta off the web page, I wonder what's cooking with the New Fiesta?
Old 8th June 2008, 12:08   #199
BHPian

I have spoken to one Guy in the Ford about the launch, he said the car is expected by 20th June

1.6 Diesel

When I asked him that, is ford bringing the 1.6 Diesel.? He clearly mentioned there are very bleak chances that Ford will bring in that reason a very schocking reply As per ford diesel cars are just meant for effiecency not for Performance

75% cars ford currently sell are Diesel and they still messing up their strategy with diesel
Old 8th June 2008, 12:50   #200
BHPian

A Hyderabad dealer says there should be some info on the new models in 2-3 days - and last month's offers on Fiesta continue this month. They know nothing of the features yet.
Old 8th June 2008, 14:29   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quite disappointed that 1.6 TDCI is not offered now. I hope Ford does think over it and launch it soon. If the 1.6 TDCI comes the sales of Verna will surely drop.
Old 8th June 2008, 14:29   #202

A Delhi dealer told me that they are expecting the pricing list on the 12th of this month. Also he said that they will be receiving the training for the new car on the 16th and 17th and to expect the deliveries to start taking place from the 20th onwards.
Old 8th June 2008, 19:19   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
I have spoken to one Guy in the Ford about the launch, he said the car is expected by 20th June

1.6 Diesel

When I asked him that, is ford bringing the 1.6 Diesel.? He clearly mentioned there are very bleak chances that Ford will bring in that reason a very schocking reply As per ford diesel cars are just meant for effiecency not for Performance

75% cars ford currently sell are Diesel and they still messing up their strategy with diesel
You are totally correct, the chances of the 1.6 Diesel being launched in the near future are bleak indeed. I spoke to the service manager at Bhagat Ford and a few mechanics too. None of them have yet been sent for training to Chennai for the new diesel. The usually have to train the mechanics about the new product (in this case the engine) before it hits the market. This happened before the launch of Fiesta and recently before the new Endeavour Thunder was launched.
I just hope the start delivering the cars now, whether the existing one or the new ones. Apart from the the so called "sports model" the new Fiesta didn't look very impressive anyway in the pictures.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:30   #204
BHPian

Ford is sure watching this forum and there might be some members here from Ford! Welcome! After the spy pictures taken right through their front gate they have reacted and shielded the gate with plain metal sheets! I think they want to leave the "spy pics" exclusive to their favorite AutoCar India! :-)
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-gate.jpg  

Old 9th June 2008, 14:32   #205
Team-BHP Support

Now, arent they playing party-poopers?!
Sateesh, time to invest in a helicopter.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:43   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, arent they playing party-poopers?!
Sateesh, time to invest in a helicopter.
LOL. Next time I would pay up Rs.10 and travel by bus on the roof top and save investing on a helicopter!
Old 9th June 2008, 17:33   #207
BHPian

You are on cruise control cruiser, smart thinking my man
Old 9th June 2008, 18:12   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
LOL. Next time I would pay up Rs.10 and travel by bus on the roof top and save investing on a helicopter!
Wow, have rooftop rates increased that much? I remember paying Rs 2 last time I travelled at Durgapur,agains the normal fare of Rs 4.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:56   #209
Senior - BHPian

Nice find Satheesh ! Fords quite late though. I expected a better gate , Ford common.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:01   #210
BHPian

There is a new a new variant badged as the 1.6 S which has the distinctive color aquarius.The engine is the same but the suspension has been tweaked mainly to accomodate the 15 inch wheels.Speedo console is all new as well and so are the fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-15-inch-rims.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-interior.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-aluminum-pedals.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-main-pic.jpg  

Last edited by balenopower : 10th June 2008 at 12:06. Reason: forgot to blur numberplate
Closed Thread

Most Viewed