Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 16:26   #316
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car in the showroom today. Interiors rock and quality has reached Honda levels almost and the front is ultra agressive. Loving it.
Old 20th June 2008, 17:45   #317
Senior - BHPian

The front looks amazing
Though I am disappointed , I really wished the 1.6L Diesel was here ( my brother was ready to purchase only if that engine was coming)
Old 20th June 2008, 18:15   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

This car is SWEEET!!
The 1.6S looks amazing and seems more VFM than the SXi for sure.
I would love to buy one. It has a very sport and mean look to compliment the engine.
I really want to see pics of the ZXi, both exteriors and interiors.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:01   #319
BHPian

the 1.6S looks stunning! the front looks a bit similar to the EVO 10... but tats no bad idea! Fiesta finally gets a 'characterful looks' that would make it stand out.
Old 20th June 2008, 22:35   #320
Senior - BHPian

Given just the 5k difference between the Sxi and the S, I guess the demand will be huge for the Sports model, which would translate into longer waiting periods. But I am pretty sure Ford wont mess it up like the Dzire.

This most probably will be my 1st car!
Old 20th June 2008, 23:13   #321
BHPian

Test drove both 1.6S and 1.4D SXi. 1.6S rocks. SXi interiors are awesome. (But still I would expect a whole biege interior to be upto the Honda city standard). Eventhough the frond gets only a small face lift, it changes the appearence of the car a lot. Especially Aquarius and Morella colors are sexy.
Old 21st June 2008, 10:41   #322
BHPian

Moderators , Kindly change the title for this thread
Old 21st June 2008, 11:00   #323
BHPian

I also saw the cars at Bhagat Ford in Jalandhar today. As mentioned by various members in the post, the 1.6 S is a stunner, in fact I found that its interiors gel well with the overall ambiance. The ICE, the intruments and the fascia all match and the seat trims and door inserts are also in the same colour scheme. The Sxi in contrast, the ICE with its grey colour seems out of place in the mahogany wood colour central facia, the seat belts in the black color too are a bit of an eyesore in the Sxi.
I'm going to buy one of these babies very soon, just trying to make up my mind! The Boy inside me tells me to go for the 1.6 S but overall as a family car I think Sxi is a better option. In any case I'll be getting them for a round 6.2 lacs max through CSD so its really a steal.
One more thing, according to me the earlier ICE was a big let down with its inability to play mp3 and a lack of aux in. I think I made the right decision by waiting for a month and not buy the old version. The aux in socket is real neat, just next to the 12V power socket.
Old 21st June 2008, 12:37   #324
Senior - BHPian

Great job by Ford! The 1.6S looks fabulous!

Why did I buy the SX4?!
Old 21st June 2008, 14:48   #325
BHPian

Saw the C&B show on NDTV,they said the suspension has been tweaked on the 'S' model by Ford Australia and the exhaust note does sound different( more growling sound )
Old 21st June 2008, 15:44   #326
BHPian

I like the looks!! Any idea if they would be availble for TDCi too? And how about 1.6 TDCi S Will seriously would be one fast A$$... Oh wait... but then Ford's Dealers are A$$es!
Old 21st June 2008, 16:22   #327
BHPian

Today booked the car. Morello color (TDCI). They said that they would able to deliver it on next week
Old 21st June 2008, 16:33   #328
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand why Ford does not get the 1.6 Diesel here !! It can beat the Verna then in Sales.

I find the new Fiesta really a good looker.

For Petrol Car buying enthusiasts - Look no further. This is the car to be brought. I think Honda & Maruti have just got a new & very powerful competitor now
Old 21st June 2008, 17:19   #329
BHPian

A note about the interiors - you're better off checking it out in person than judging it by the pics!
I initially thought the silver garnishing on the central console (for the S variant) looked a bit cheap and tacky in the pics, but checked it out in person and it looked much better. What was *really* impressive was the fit and finish on the door panels. The texture and feel looked and felt really good. The 'honeycomb' instrument cluster looks good enough too.
The location of the mid-bass driver of the component speakers on the front door panels is located almost at arm-rest level now (not sure how it was like on the earlier fiestas), I assume this should help sound quality a notch.

The suspension height has supposedly been raised on the 1.6 'S' to make space for the 15" alloys. However I had a quick look at the SXI on the side and the wheel well spacing *appeared* to be the same, but can't say for sure. Tyre size on the S variant is 195/55 R15 , up from the earlier 175/65 R14. If they have indeed bothered to adjust the suspension, then speedo error should be accounted for as well.

The Sales guy did mention that the engine sound had been tuned for a more performance oriented sound but affirmed that it wasn't any performance modification, so I assume its just some tweaking with the exhaust note.
He mentioned that the FE was around 9~10 kmpl in the city and 10~11 kmpl on the highways, so I guess they've not really re-tuned the ECU for economy.

Oh yeah and 1 month waiting for the S variant, though the SXI/ZXI/EXI has a lower 10 day waiting period.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:34   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
He mentioned that the FE was around 9~10 kmpl in the city and 10~11 kmpl on the highways, so I guess they've not really re-tuned the ECU for economy.

Oh yeah and 1 month waiting for the S variant, though the SXI/ZXI/EXI has a lower 10 day waiting period.
The FE figures are quite low! I get 11 to 12 in city driving, and 14 to 16.5 on highways. Could it be due to alloy wheels?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks