Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:42   #76
BHPian

Ikon with 1.4 TDCI at 6L OTR,Fiesta with 1.4 TDCI at 8L and 1.6TDCI at 8.5 OTR would do wonders for FORD
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
More realistic price of 6.5 OTR for Ikon TDCI should compete with the Dzire VDI. Fiesta 1.6 TDCI - anything in range of 8.5-9 lacs on road might be good enough.
If OTR means on road price, i completely agree with that.
i think the diesel ikon could sell for 5.25(ex showroom), 5.50-6.00(ex showroom) if they add stuff like digital meters, electric RVM, ABS ect.

(considering that there is only one variant of the ikon, like as of now)
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanusrinivas View Post
Ikon with 1.4 TDCI at 6L OTR,Fiesta with 1.4 TDCI at 8L and 1.6TDCI at 8.5 OTR would do wonders for FORD
I doubt if New fiesta will have the existing 1.4 TDCI in it! Anybody got any clear info on that?
Old 14th May 2008, 13:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here is some news.....New Fiesta is being launched by Mid June.

how do I know?- Well, a close relative (whose reference I gave in an earlier thread where a member was having problems with Ford) of mine is a very senior marketing honcho in Ford india, and he has just bought a curent fiesta 1.6 SXI at a discount of.....wait for it.....1.8lakhs!!!! Ford is currently running this sceme for its employees to clear stocks of the existing fiesta and make way for the new fiesta.

In case anyone is looking to buy a fiesta, bargain real hard with your dealers....
Old 14th May 2008, 13:47   #80
BHPian

I also got a comfirmation from a dealer in Pune that the Icon is going to be relaunched, with new interiors, exteriors and engine. The salesman seemed very excited about the looks of that car.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:08   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
I also got a comfirmation from a dealer in Pune that the Icon is going to be relaunched, with new interiors, exteriors and engine. The salesman seemed very excited about the looks of that car.
Himanshu, could you ask your source to confirm the above as well?
Old 14th May 2008, 14:55   #82
BHPian

himanshu can you please confirm the source of this and as soon as possible as I have just booked a fiesta yesterday.

Didn't ford recently make some cosmetic changes to the fiesta in February based on a link in a post in this thread. The changes were addition of driver airbag and indicators on side view mirrors. Do you think they will change the model just 3 months after that? I'm concerned and shocked since I'm buying this car
Old 14th May 2008, 16:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post

himanshu can you please confirm the source of this and as soon as possible as I have just booked a fiesta yesterday.

Didn't ford recently make some cosmetic changes to the fiesta in February based on a link in a post in this thread. The changes were addition of driver airbag and indicators on side view mirrors. Do you think they will change the model just 3 months after that? I'm concerned and shocked since I'm buying this car
Zuch , Chill. We dont have any concrete info about facelift of Fiesta. All we know is that 1.6 TDCI is coming. As seen in the spy pics there is really no change in the design. Maybe the interiors are spruced up. Kindly keep a track on this thread for more info. Cheers!
Old 14th May 2008, 16:15   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Zuch , Chill. We dont have any concrete info about facelift of Fiesta. All we know is that 1.6 TDCI is coming. As seen in the spy pics there is really no change in the design. Maybe the interiors are spruced up. Kindly keep a track on this thread for more info. Cheers!
I hope that is the case and not a major facelift as had been discussed in this thread previously. Also I think since Ford had just revamped the available models wont it cost them to change it again!
Old 14th May 2008, 19:34   #85
BHPian

For sure there is something going on with the Fiesta, because the existing owners are getting Rs. 10,000 for every converted referal. Either that or the sales are dipping.
Old 14th May 2008, 19:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
For sure there is something going on with the Fiesta, because the existing owners are getting Rs. 10,000 for every converted referal. Either that or the sales are dipping.
I was able to confirm from another source that there is going to be an upgrade to Fiesta. This person works in Ford India and told me that there will be some changes to both the exterior and the interior of the car and the change is expected sometime in June.

Thank you everyone I got to know in time and I will wait for a month before making a purchase.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:53   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I was able to confirm from another source that there is going to be an upgrade to Fiesta. This person works in Ford India and told me that there will be some changes to both the exterior and the interior of the car and the change is expected sometime in June.

Thank you everyone I got to know in time and I will wait for a month before making a purchase.
Mere facelifts or functional changes?
A facelift is welcome , but functional changes (like the one where they added the airbag) was worth waiting for.
Old 14th May 2008, 22:18   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Mere facelifts or functional changes?
A facelift is welcome , but functional changes (like the one where they added the airbag) was worth waiting for.
I agree. It would be great if they bring up some functional changes. I hope they don't just add some cosmetic features.

Even an ICE upgrade (the current audio system although sounds decent but only plays audio cds and has no aux support) will please potential customers like me.

I wonder if this has to do something with the sales of the sx4!
Old 15th May 2008, 01:10   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. It would be great if they bring up some functional changes. I hope they don't just add some cosmetic features.

Even an ICE upgrade (the current audio system although sounds decent but only plays audio cds and has no aux support) will please potential customers like me.
I was actually asking you if you had any idea hehe
On my wishlist though would be climate control (yeah!) and what should've been standard from the start - a passenger seat airbag.
Old 15th May 2008, 10:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dude, what furhter confirmation do you want from me This guy who is my source a) is my first cousin; b) is very senior in Ford india's marketing Department and c) has bought a fiesta 1.6 SXI 2 days back as a gift to his wife.

in case you still have doubts, please verify this info from another source.....

Yes, the Fiesta is going in for a significant makeover- cosmetic- and there is a possibility that the 1.4 petrol will be phased out once stocks clear. the comany has not yet taken a decision on this and will evaluate based on the response to the facelifted Fiesta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed