Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 18:04   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
My Brother had also taken some picture while he was coming back from our native.
I'll upload it by today Evening.
My Friend confirmed the launch by june especially 1.6 TDCi and Ford Ikon with 1.4TDCi
Hi karthik, any updates on the pics?
Old 26th May 2008, 12:11   #107
BHPian

I spoke to the Ford dealers in Chandigarh again today. One of them has finally accepted that a new version is coming in june and that the only changes would be headlights and bumpers. He says that the petrol version will not be changed and that interiors will also remain the same. There is no official communication to them from the company, he claimed. I had finally decided to buy the current version to avail the discounts but unluckily for me, only white color is available in stock and i don't want to buy that one.
Old 26th May 2008, 23:30   #108
BHPian

My info from Hyderabad dealers is that the new Fiesta will have bigger tyres and changed interiors. Pricing may be just around the current levels.

@himanshugoswami
Do you know if Fusion will have the 1.6 diesel as well? It would be odd if Ikon and Fusion both sport the 1.4
Old 27th May 2008, 00:50   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
My info from Hyderabad dealers is that the new Fiesta will have bigger tyres and changed interiors. Pricing may be just around the current levels.
Fortune Ford has its lips sealed about the new Fiesta or the new Ikon
Old 27th May 2008, 09:41   #110
BHPian

Guys some more spy shots! See if this helps to know what the changes could be on Fiesta and Ikon. My eyes don't see much changes may be except for something about the grill and the front bumper that are concealed under covers.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-upload_1.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-upload_2.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-upload_3.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-upload_4.jpg  

Old 27th May 2008, 12:12   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Guys some more spy shots! See if this helps to know what the changes could be on Fiesta and Ikon. My eyes don't see much changes may be except for something about the grill and the front bumper that are concealed under covers.
Thanks for the pics LandCruiser! There is a rear spoiler on the black fiesta. And the way they have covered the mouths of the cars it seems they might have new grills and / or lights.

I hope the change is more than just superficial, external facelift. Waiting to see the interiors.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:17   #112
Senior - BHPian

@ Landcruiser - 1st of all thanks for the awesome spy pics. The first two cars are the New Fiesta. But in 2nd and 4th Pic- Third car looks like the New Ikon.Observe closely in the 2nd pic first two cars are Fiesta and 3rd car the New ikon. You can observe the difference in the headlights.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
You can observe the difference in the headlights.
And also from the ORVMS
Old 27th May 2008, 13:32   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@ Landcruiser - 1st of all thanks for the awesome spy pics. The first two cars are the New Fiesta. But in 2nd and 4th Pic- Third car looks like the New Ikon.Observe closely in the 2nd pic first two cars are Fiesta and 3rd car the New ikon. You can observe the difference in the headlights.
Nice catch Karan. Hope the 1.6 TDCi is coming in the Fiesta without much of a bump in price.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
you are right karan! the orvm and handles also give this away and the stance is unmistakably the ikon.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:25   #116
BHPian

Quote:
exactly i thought so too. The third one defenitly looks like the ikon. I didnt know that there was facelift for the ikon aswell. The fiesta looks a little taller than before probably new wheel sizes for the new ones and going by the cladding i suppose new grills and head lamps.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:07   #117
BHPian

The first one from the left is a regular Ikon.
And the covered cars(RVM & headlights) remind me vividly of the new Ikon's pic in overdrive.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:20   #118
Senior - BHPian

I guess Fiesta will have a minor change like grille, Bumper, headlights . Some
minor changes in the interior and obviously the major one 1.6 TDCI !
Would be interesting to see how Ford price it. Regarding New Ikon after seeing pics in Overdrive i think Ikon will lose its image of good looking car ( Hope it doesnt lose the JOSH).
Old 27th May 2008, 15:29   #119
BHPian

@Landcrusier - awesome spy pics.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

Heard that 1.6 TDCi will be launched by July 08. 140bhp?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks