Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 10:25   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Dude, what furhter confirmation do you want from me This guy who is my source a) is my first cousin; b) is very senior in Ford india's marketing Department and c) has bought a fiesta 1.6 SXI 2 days back as a gift to his wife.

in case you still have doubts, please verify this info from another source.....

Yes, the Fiesta is going in for a significant makeover- cosmetic- and there is a possibility that the 1.4 petrol will be phased out once stocks clear. the comany has not yet taken a decision on this and will evaluate based on the response to the facelifted Fiesta.
this is good news. thanks himanshu
Old 15th May 2008, 10:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDci and Ikon 1.4 Tdci
any one knows the exact date of launch and price of both the cars.
Old 15th May 2008, 10:40   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, the Fiesta is going in for a significant makeover- cosmetic- and there is a possibility that the 1.4 petrol will be phased out once stocks clear. the comany has not yet taken a decision on this and will evaluate based on the response to the facelifted Fiesta.
Were they selling more of the 1.6 over the 1.4, that they want to phase out the 1.4?! I thought it was always the other way round.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, what furhter confirmation do you want from me This guy who is my source a) is my first cousin; b) is very senior in Ford india's marketing Department and c) has bought a fiesta 1.6 SXI 2 days back as a gift to his wife.

in case you still have doubts, please verify this info from another source.....

Thanks himanshu I was a little surprised to hear that at first since I thought they had just made a couple of changes recently. As I said in an earlier post I was also able to verify this from another source. I've postponed my delivery for the time being, till the new model comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
I was actually asking you if you had any idea hehe
On my wishlist though would be climate control (yeah!) and what should've been standard from the start - a passenger seat airbag.
I was just told that some cosmetic changes to both the exterior and the interiors. I wish I knew more. Eagerly awaiting to see what all changes they bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Were they selling more of the 1.6 over the 1.4, that they want to phase out the 1.4?! I thought it was always the other way round.
I would also believe they sold more of 1.4 It will be interesting to see if they phase it out. Could it be possible that they are planning to reduce prices as mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread?
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:13   #95
BHPian

I think something is cooking. Fiesta new look is under testing. Was able take one snap as I was driving along the Ford factory in chennai today morning. Was stuck with my mobile camera. Another day I will try to my SLR to get a better quality one if i get lucky again.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-ford_spy1.jpg  

2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched-ford_spy2.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2008, 12:59   #96
Senior - BHPian

@landcruiser - Thanks for the spy shot. the previous spy pic posted by other member didnt have any cover. Only the badgings had a blac sticker. Seems like Fiesta will have a minor exterior facelift too. Seems like Ford is gearing up before the Linea launch. Quite excited about the 1.6 Diesel!
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

My Brother had also taken some picture while he was coming back from our native.
I'll upload it by today Evening.
My Friend confirmed the launch by june especially 1.6 TDCi and Ford Ikon with 1.4TDCi
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Don't they already have a new Fiesta (in europe ? going to be in U.S)?

Is this just a change of current Fiesta with new engine that we are discussing ?
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Don't they already have a new Fiesta (in europe ? going to be in U.S)?

Is this just a change of current Fiesta with new engine that we are discussing ?
I think the new fiesta that you are talking about is expected to come to India sometime in 2009. From what I've heard this is just a superficial change to the exteriors and interiors of the existing car and possibly an introduction of the 1.6 TDCI engine as an option for the diesel versions.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:29   #100
BHPian

that picture looks like the NEW IKON than the new fiesta, check out last months OVERDRIVE issue for the bumper, headlight & RVMs.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:35   #101
BHPian

@landcruiser - thanks for the spy pic.
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
My Brother had also taken some picture while he was coming back from our native.
I'll upload it by today Evening.
We are waiting.Pic Please.
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:33   #103
BHPian

NUEVO FORD FIESTA - ¿Cuántos sentimientos entran en tu auto?#

If this is what Ford is planning, I dont think we want it. I have seen the Fiesta on road in Buenos Aires. Will try and get a picture in the evening and upload.
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I think something is cooking. Fiesta new look is under testing. Was able take one snap as I was driving along the Ford factory in chennai today morning. Was stuck with my mobile camera. Another day I will try to my SLR to get a better quality one if i get lucky again.
Its ok yaar that you did the scoop on this thing, But thats height of watermarking.
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
i doubt it, the Brazilian Fiesta pictured above came out before the one we got over here. Front end is the euro fiesta.

I really have no clue why they bothered wth two versions of the same car
I think the idea was that the Euro Fiesta is for the younger buyer in Europe whereas the average Fiesta buyer is older and tends to be chauffered around. So in the name of giving it a more mature look, they made it bland. Well, Brazilians...they are more hip than us.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks