Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 20:51   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

First of all where is the facelift in this???
I saw 2 facelifted fiesta's yesterday near Tidel Park, Chennai. Literally they have given it a facelift i.e. they have lifted the front grill, air dam and fog lamps a bit high!

When I saw the car from a long distance I was wondering why the i10 was looking so wide

No change in the tail lights though. I didn't see the interiors.
Old 4th June 2008, 20:52   #182
Senior - BHPian

The new fiesta looks really good... couple that with the ultra responsive 1.6 petrol engine and you have an awesome drivers car in your hands!
There's a sportier version too with 195/55 R15 tyres and sportly tuned suspension for more feedback.... yummmm!
Old 4th June 2008, 20:55   #183
BANNED

These pics look like exterior mod job gone weird. I don't think Ford can launch this in India.
Old 4th June 2008, 21:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
These pics look like exterior mod job gone weird. I don't think Ford can launch this in India.
The looks really good to me now.
Old 4th June 2008, 21:18   #185
Senior - BHPian

Here is the sport vesion (courtesy:ACI). Headlamps w/ kajal, full skirting, rear spoiler and 195/55-15 boots.

Will this be the return of the spirit of OHC VTEC?
Attached Images

Last edited by Mpower : 4th June 2008 at 21:22.
Old 4th June 2008, 22:47   #186
BHPian

If Ford is not bringing the 1.6 diesel motor then should be prepare for the assault, seems like we gonna see a good product like fiesta having slow death, the increase in fuel prices have changed loads of customers towards diesel:-

As Hyundai Verna is already selling in good no's (Purely for Engine)
Swift Dezire already selling like ration (8 months waitng already) bcoz it has purely got a engine which is quicker and car has got more feature to offer at lesser prce
Logan a fantastic product is on verge of facelift
Leana Launch is on card

Ford ready for tough time..!
Old 5th June 2008, 09:42   #187
Senior - BHPian

Even i think Ford is making a mistake here. It would be tough for them
to survive when Linea is launched ! I think they ll launch 1.4 D in the Ikon
and then the 1.6 D in the Fiesta.I hope they atleast bring the 1.6 D soon !
These so called facelifts in Fiesta are very much minor and i expected something better !
Old 5th June 2008, 11:00   #188
Team-BHP Support

While the Sports version pic of the Fiesta posted by MPower looks fine, the base version pic doesnt really look all that good. Somehow the nose looks kinda odd now, the grill part, i mean.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:19   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even i think Ford is making a mistake here. It would be tough for them
to survive when Linea is launched ! I think they ll launch 1.4 D in the Ikon
and then the 1.6 D in the Fiesta.I hope they atleast bring the 1.6 D soon !
These so called facelifts in Fiesta are very much minor and i expected something better !
I doubt ford is even targetting anything from Fiat Stable. Most manufactures are not scared of FIAT due to their track record.
They have Verna in their crosshairs, and if Ford had offered a 1.6 diesel or a 1.4 unit with 15 more horses, they would have cornered some enthusiast market share.
After all the Fiesta is one of the best handlers in that segment.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:43   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I doubt ford is even targetting anything from Fiat Stable. Most manufactures are not scared of FIAT due to their track record.
They have Verna in their crosshairs, and if Ford had offered a 1.6 diesel or a 1.4 unit with 15 more horses, they would have cornered some enthusiast market share.
After all the Fiesta is one of the best handlers in that segment.
Well its true that Fiat has screwed it up till now. But if they improve their ***
then im sure Linea can compete well with Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. People wanting more power will surely go for the 1.6 TDCI. Im just hoping Fiat gets it right. But im somehow not happy with the TATA- FIAT alliance .
Old 5th June 2008, 13:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even i think Ford is making a mistake here. It would be tough for them to survive when Linea is launched !
Those are the key words Karan, when?

Quote:
Well its true that Fiat has screwed it up till now. But if they improve their ***
then im sure Linea can compete well with Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. People wanting more power will surely go for the 1.6 TDCI. Im just hoping Fiat gets it right. But im somehow not happy with the TATA- FIAT alliance .
It's easier said than done. Even after the alliance Fiat does not enjoy a good reputation among the masses. When they launch the Linea, they'll need to have an excellent product suited to our conditions & back it up with some high-visibility publicity, only then will it have any chances of succeeding. Remember, for the average Indian buyer, Fiat is a dodgy brand with dodgy after sales service.

And like Tanveer said, right now Ford is worried about the Verna eating the Fiesta's market share. Not a car from Fiat which is still not here.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:19   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And like Tanveer said, right now Ford is worried about the Verna eating the Fiesta's market share. Not a car from Fiat which is still not here.
Rather, i would say its the diesel DZire thats eating into the pie, that coupled with the Verna D has proved to be a major blow to the Fiesta.
I wonder how they would try to bring back the magic. Another totally-in-your-face Diet Diesel campaign perhaps?
Old 5th June 2008, 14:30   #193
BHPian

ACI has again taken out the story on the revised fiesta and also the thread on that!!! wonder y....
Old 5th June 2008, 15:09   #194
BHPian

By the way, the article showing the pictures on the Auto Car India's website has gone missing now. Its no where to be found, have they taken it off?
Old 5th June 2008, 16:27   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

It's easier said than done. Even after the alliance Fiat does not enjoy a good reputation among the masses. When they launch the Linea, they'll need to have an excellent product suited to our conditions & back it up with some high-visibility publicity, only then will it have any chances of succeeding. Remember, for the average Indian buyer, Fiat is a dodgy brand with dodgy after sales service.

Ishaan You got a point. Fiat has just got minor improvement in its A**.
Im just hoping that Fiat does nt disappoint us. Being a Fiat fan im not
sure why Fiat is depending to an extent on Tata to improve its A** .
Fiat has been in India for quite sometime so they should rather do it on its own. Anyways lets not hijack a Ford Thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks