Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 17:54   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I'm sorry, I read on the Ford website that the 1.6 S has normal interior trim. In any case, I feel beige interiors are not suited at all to our environmental conditions.
Ok, got you now - you were talking of Sports.
Beige is a new introduction on SXI.

Last edited by Glass : 9th July 2008 at 17:56.
Old 9th July 2008, 19:58   #377
Senior - BHPian

The rear seat is completely different in Fiesta S vs SXi, the Fiesta S rear seat is totally borrowed from the lowest Fiesta variant, looking at the features on the website.
Old 10th July 2008, 10:43   #378
Senior - BHPian

Got up close and personal with the Fiesta 1.6 S yesterday at Bhavna Ford and fell in love with it! It's a car that really appeals to your emotions and to your heart. I loved the interiors. The instrument console felt very sporty and the all black interiors were a great place to be in. And yes, the build quality was leagues ahead of the SX4. The salesperson said the car was 8.23 Lacs OTR. Thats fabulous VFM because my SX4 was 8.15 Lacs OTR. The car felt like a 8 lac rupee car which the SX4, despite it's size and features doesn't and that's something Maruti needs to learn really fast.

If only the Fiesta was avaliable with twin airbags and ABS in October 07 when I bought my SX4!

Got me thinking that the last time I bought a car (Palio S10) it was after using my heart and I love every moment I spend with it. The next car I bought (SX4) was using my head and being practical and we all know how that's going.

Moral of the story: I should always buy cars using my heart.

Last edited by amit : 10th July 2008 at 10:44.
Old 10th July 2008, 10:44   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The rear seat is completely different in Fiesta S vs SXi, the Fiesta S rear seat is totally borrowed from the lowest Fiesta variant, looking at the features on the website.
Yup, I've already mentioned this in my prior post, after taking a close look at both the sxi and the S.
Ford should not have cheaped out on features in the S model.
Old 10th July 2008, 11:04   #380
Senior - BHPian

I liked the S with a sporty touch..but i feel it should have been atleast a 1.8 powered engine.But ford wont change this..
Old 10th July 2008, 12:27   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ford should not have cheaped out on features in the S model.
What I found odd was that the other variants come with blinkers in the OVRM but the S didn't get this feature.
Old 10th July 2008, 12:34   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I liked the S with a sporty touch..but i feel it should have been atleast a 1.8 powered engine.But ford wont change this..
Well, it becomes a different segment/price game then, with a 1.8 L engine. I feel Ford has got it's C segment price/positioning almost right with this facelift.
Old 11th July 2008, 10:19   #383
BHPian

I was hunting a new car for sometime to move up from my existing palio. My choices were very stringent though the budget was. As I could not wait for the Linea and again cost to the "BHP" factor was made me to decline from it. Finally I have decided on Mitsubishi Cedia Select. I was almost made my mind right for the Cedia.The new fiesta 1.6S topic on this forum made me to drop in their show room at Malad and saw the vehcile. Then took my family to the show room and saw it once again. Now family liked the vehicle compared to Cedia in terms of interior and the sporty look.
I was in a fix wether to go for Cedia or Fiesta and was doing all the +/-. Soon the Sales man came and asked wether me wanted to hear the engine cry. Heard the sound, oh boy , it's music, it's almost the racing sound a right fit for the sports machine. My heart said this is your vehicle, go for it.Not much thinking further, decided up on it, not even asked about the mileage and stuff , not taken a TD yet. Booking will be made in a couple of days time. The color is Aquarius.
PS: Ford is yet to get me a TD on this, it's almost 5 days since I requested for it.

Last edited by rapideffect : 11th July 2008 at 10:24. Reason: To align it properly
Old 11th July 2008, 12:39   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
I My heart said this is your vehicle, go for it.Not much thinking further, decided up on it, not even asked about the mileage and stuff , not taken a TD yet. Booking will be made in a couple of days time. The color is Aquarius.
PS: Ford is yet to get me a TD on this, it's almost 5 days since I requested for it.
Congrats on your choice !! so we will wait to hear initial test drive reports from you. Looks like the number of cases where t-bhpians are booking vehicles w/o TD is increasing! So many threads,discussions,flames.. and finally..gut feel! Anyway, things will work out for the best!
Old 11th July 2008, 12:53   #385
Senior - BHPian

Rapid Effect - good choice ! So the wait period is 1 month for the 1.6 S right?
Old 11th July 2008, 13:29   #386
BHPian

One month is the wait period, but the dealer told me that he can deliver around 1st week of August.
Old 11th July 2008, 13:41   #387
Senior - BHPian

Drove 1.6SXi last eve. Gear shift was bad. Had trouble finding gears; maybe coz the car is new (did only 2.5k ). Loved the headlamp illumination.
Old 11th July 2008, 14:16   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
One month is the wait period, but the dealer told me that he can deliver around 1st week of August.
Congrats! Will await details from you.
Old 11th July 2008, 14:23   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Drove 1.6SXi last eve. Gear shift was bad. Had trouble finding gears; maybe coz the car is new (did only 2.5k ). Loved the headlamp illumination.
Surprised to hear this. My Fiesta 1.6's gears have been butter smooth from the first day! Even the car I had TD'd had the same.
Perhaps you did not press the clutch all the way down. My son had made this comment, but when I told him to depress the clutch all the way in, he stood corrected.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th July 2008 at 14:24.
Old 11th July 2008, 14:56   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Quite surprised about that JK ! I thought Fiesta had one of the slickest gearshifts around!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed