Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Still i Remember ALTO had a tough time in getting out of the showrooms when they were launched.As like what we refer to movies saying "Late Hit",to the automotive industry ALTO is one such "Late Hit",IMHO.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:50   #17
BHPian

Yes, finally the car has made its place in the Indian car industry. Till what I remember Maruti Suzuki Alto was launched nearly about eight years ago. In the early first few years, the car had faced a tough time in the industry to cope up with the existing car models but gradually, the demand went on and on and see today, the company has crossed 10 lakh production of Alto. Congratulations Maruti on this achievement!

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th November 2008 at 17:16. Reason: Removed extra font size tags, please avopid copy pasting from an external editor
Old 18th November 2008, 17:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Still i Remember ALTO had a tough time in getting out of the showrooms when they were launched.As like what we refer to movies saying "Late Hit",to the automotive industry ALTO is one such "Late Hit",IMHO.
I think the reason for that was slowly the indian M800 customers realised they needed a bit more than simple box design. And as the Alto sales grew, the M800 sales fell. The M800 would be buyers converted to Alto. Nice marketing strategy there by MUL.
Old 15th June 2012, 22:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alto sales touches 10 Lakh figure.EDIT crosses 20 Lakh units

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has set yet another record by selling 20 lakh units of the Alto. The Alto also holds the record for the fastest to clock 10 lakh-unit sales within eight years and three months of its launch, a record it has broken now by the Alto itself by clocking the next 10 lakh units within a mere three years and six months. The Alto is also the only car in India to cross the 3,00,000-unit sales mark in 2010-11 and it repeated this feat in 2011-12 again. The Alto first rolled-out on the Indian streets in the year 2000.
On this occasion, Mayank Pareek, COO, (Marketing and Sales) said, “The Alto’s superior fuel efficiency, compact sleek design, good manoeuvrability and overall low cost of ownership are the attributes that make it the best car for first time buyers. The Alto as a complete package continues to win customer’s hearts and surprise everyone with its performance.”
Source & Link - Autocar India : Maruti Alto crosses 20 lakh units - News - Autocar India
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks