Team-BHP - Alto sales touches 10 Lakh figure.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Alto sales touches 10 Lakh figure. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35493-alto-sales-touches-10-lakh-figure.html)

Source: one of the daily newpapers I was reading this morning.

Guys, just read this:

Alto has reached 10 Lakh figure.
Maruti claims that Alto is first car to touch 2 Lakh figure in indian market in one financial year. WOW....I mean....WOW
During last 5 years, Maruti has sold 5 Lakh Altos.
Every month @20,000 units are sold.
In Nov 07, Maruti sold 22,784 Altos.
Till now, since its launch, Maruti has managed to sale 1,52,300 Altos in overseas market; Holland leading the list with 22,000.

No explanation needed I guess, the figures speak for themselves. When the indian market is opening up for all the biggies from around the globe and so many attractive cars being launched, Alto has done a remarkable job which is tough to parallel.
After the 800, Alto is the only car I guess, which has given a chance to a typical middle class man to fulfill his dream to own and afford a car. There will be a better cars, no doubts, but how many of them earn a status like this? Thats where the Alto scores and thus, the magic figures.

Way to go Alto: Lets go!

yes the performance of alto is phenominal even when spark came out with the huge discounts and xeta cutting price alto had its head above the water.its going on steady and strong.

i guess the alto has taken the 800's mantle from it :) . after all, it is an M800 with all the features which it should have gotten ( coil sprung rear, 5 speed gearbox)

me still an m800 fan !

Its really a great thing. All other promises by other manufacturers that they will beat alto are still not coming true. Its a great achievement for Maruti Suzuki. clap: :) cheers:

I would like to tell more about Alto. The present alto is based on the same platform as the present Indian built Wagon R and Zen Estilo. Zen Estilo was named MR Wagon in Japan and was sold to Nissan under badge engineering and exchanging. Both the M R Wagon and Nissan badged car ( I think that the Nissan car was called Moco) were very successful.
A new platform is now used in Japan and further replacement is coming.

The present (indian built) Alto platform cars like Wagon R were supplied to even Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi. They all were very successsful in the Japanese market. The Alto platform that sells in India is one of the most successful Kie car platform from suzuki till date all over the world. Holland is the country that faces serious land space trouble so the sales of cars are definately low but even then our Alto exported from India was the no.1 selling car in Holland.

And now its proved in India, a country that hass probaly the worst drivers and driving conditions.

Time and again, Maruti Suzuki has proved why it is no.1 till now.

Great and I am speechless by the success of Alto specially after the arrival of Spark.

So I am almost speechless, and very very happy..:) clap:

Congrats ALTO.clap:clap:clap:

Note from Mod: Infraction delivered for using excessive smilies. Please read the rules before proceeding.

I would probably add another one to the Alto sales numbers.
Would be getting one pretty soon for my parents.

A fitting achievement by an extremely competitive hatch. The Alto feels far more solid than the 800 / old zen, and has excellent ride + handling characteristics for the price. These numbers only prove that Maruti has done a fantastic job of positioning the Alto in the 800's place.

clap:

great going & i feel good about the fact that i contributed to it -bought one in dec. & am extremely satisfied with it - a very convenient car for the daily commuter in our crammed city conditions. has a very efficient ac too

[quote=amya;720917]Source: one of the daily newpapers I was reading this morning.

Alto has reached 10 Lakh figure.
Maruti claims that Alto is first car to touch 2 Lakh figure in indian market in one financial year. WOW....I mean....WOW

During last 5 years, Maruti has sold 5 Lakh Altos.(WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IS IT 10Lac or 5Lac sold be clear)

Funny thing is that Alto/800 has no 3-cyl competition from other OEMs. You would think that the competition would try to copy the 3 cylinder formula by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 721621)
Funny thing is that Alto/800 has no 3-cyl competition from other OEMs. You would think that the competition would try to copy it by now.

Yup but other manufactures have 4 cylindr engines with higher capacity, more power and refinement @ ~ same price, but they are not as fuel efficient and low on pockets.

Congrats Maruti Suzuki and Jagadish Khattar for making this model a grand success. I like the alto for it FE, good ride, easy on the pocket, etc. But only thing lacking which would have made it still more successful is the 1.1 engine. Atleast, maruti should try and plonk in a refined version of the same 800 engine(more power, etc) and sell it as the VXi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 721813)
But only thing lacking which would have made it still more successful is the 1.1 engine.

I think they discontinued the 1.1, as it was hurting the sales of the Zen (which was already going down). Now that Alto 1.1 doesnt have any direct competition from its stable, may be they can think of bringing it back. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 721813)
Atleast, maruti should try and plonk in a refined version of the same 800 engine(more power, etc) and sell it as the VXi.

Hard ask to make it more refined, as it is a 3 cylinder engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 721859)
I think they discontinued the 1.1, as it was hurting the sales of the Zen (which was already going down). Now that Alto 1.1 doesnt have any direct competition from its stable, may be they can think of bringing it back. :D

WagonR and Estilo sales will get hurt if they bring it back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 721869)
WagonR and Estilo sales will get hurt if they bring it back.

People who buy WagonR/Estilo care about space. Else they would have bought Alto I guess. IMO they should get it now. Or else, may be after they introduce the Splash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 721905)
People who buy WagonR/Estilo care about space. Else they would have bought Alto I guess. IMO they should get it now. Or else, may be after they introduce the Splash.

In the case of WR/Estilo the rear space is almost the same as Alto except the boot.