Team-BHP - Auto Tax Payment Goes Online in MP District
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Auto Tax Payment Goes Online in MP District (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35504-auto-tax-payment-goes-online-mp-district.html)

Madhya Pradesh's Dewas District Office has made available an online automobile tax payment facility that officials claim is the first in the country.

"It is the first office not only in MP but in the entire country which has the facility for 100 percent online tax payment," said the state's Home and Transport Minister Himmat Singh Kothari, while inaugurating the online facility for payment of motor vehicle tax and duty.
"Computer-based systems are being encouraged to ensure smooth functioning of various sections of Madhya Pradesh Transport Department. Through this sophisticated system based on computer and Internet, vehicle dealers and owners would be able to remit motor vehicle tax and duty online," the minister said.
This system would not only expedite payment of taxes but would also save precious time, said Kothari, adding that the online tax payment facility would help ordinary citizens as well as transport dealers.
They would not be required to visit the regional transport office or banks to register vehicles and pay taxes, he pointed out.

source: Tech2.com India > Auto Tax Payment Goes Online in MP District > News on Internet Internet & Software

That's good news. I hope that this scheme is not shut down after a few days/months/years due to few or no takers.

Its really good to this service go online. But as you have mentioned if there are no takers for this service then it may be shut down. I sincerely hope that this does not happen.

But more than that, I hope that this service is started in almost all cities in India. Not only it saves time, you also save on various other resources apart from getting unparalled convience of paying online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 721348)
But more than that, I hope that this service is started in almost all cities in India. Not only it saves time, you also save on various other resources apart from getting unparalled convience of paying online.

I think that most online govt. services in India are taken down due to the high-handedness of govt. employees as this causes their under the table income to cease. Also, my personal opinion is that in states like MP, Rajasthan, UP, etc, where the literacy levels are low, the employees of the state govt. are more corrupt. Given this, it is only a matter of time that this particular scheme will be taken off.

Don't shoot me for my comments. Its a open forum. :D

Its a good move and should be enforced than to succumb to the babugiri.

Just like the PAN cards were enforced and Individual Online filing of taxes will soon be enforced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 721348)
Its really good to this service go online. But as you have mentioned if there are no takers for this service then it may be shut down. I sincerely hope that this does not happen.

Quote:

I think that most online govt. services in India are taken down due to the high-handedness of govt. employees as this causes their under the table income to cease. Also, my personal opinion is that in states like MP, Rajasthan, UP, etc, where the literacy levels are low, the employees of the state govt. are more corrupt. Given this, it is only a matter of time that this particular scheme will be taken off.

Don't shoot me for my comments. Its a open forum
@ Sumit, It( This online scheme) might be taken off, but the fact that they dared to make such a move is really the point we must appreciate.

I just pray and hope that the scheme does not die and infact should be a model for other cities.
Remember that MP as you have mentioned as low literacy state is the one to take this initiative. We just hope this becomes reality all over india.

Quote:

Its a good move and should be enforced than to succumb to the babugiri.

Just like the PAN cards were enforced and Individual Online filing of taxes will soon be enforced.
@dadu, you are right on the point. If this( online scheme) is enforced all over india in almost all the cities, then the babugiri and dadagiri of corrupt people wont last long. It is not a want, its now a NECESSACITY.

Although off topic I must admit that its great move that soon Individual Online filing of taxes will become reality.

Well this is a good move but does anyone remember how transport vehicles are made to pay tax? They have to display the vehicle and he sometimes checks them for condition and maintainence etc. Dont you think this system is good for non transport vehicles but for the transport once you got to inspect them