Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 16:54   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Wonder whether it comes to us in India with 4WD select or Permanent 4WD or what.
In every other market it has been launched I believe that it comes with Toyota's full time 4WD system with center diff and center diff lock. I hope they don't make an exception for India.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:14   #197
BHPian

I dont get the manufactures in India. Whats the point of covering up the car, everyone know what car it is and thats the same with fiat punto.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:04   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post

The release is in August.
The release has been confirmed to be in September. Lets wait and see for the pricing, though its been confirmed at 20 L Ex Showroom and I bet it will be launched at that price, though I want it at 13L.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:43   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
The release has been confirmed to be in September. Lets wait and see for the pricing, though its been confirmed at 20 L Ex Showroom and I bet it will be launched at that price, though I want it at 13L.
Innova is 12.6L on road in hyderabad, I highly doubt if they will price the fortuner at 13L. Minimum will be about 16-17L
Old 15th May 2009, 11:14   #200
Senior - BHPian

There will be buyers if even they can price it at 17L as the Innova has tons of satisfied buyers and folks know they cant go wrong on this one!
Old 15th May 2009, 12:28   #201
BHPian

The difference between Innova and Fortuner is around Rs. 2.5 lakhs in Thailand, since most of the imported components in Innova come from Thailand and both Innova & Fortuner share the same platform. I dont see any reason why Fortuner cannot be launched in India at 2.5 lakhs higher than the Innova. That acctually makes it in a range of 13-15 Lakhs. Btw it is superb vehicle, good menacing road presence when compared to the RAV4. I saw a lot of them on my trip recently. Fortuner looks much more macho as compared to the RAV4
Old 15th May 2009, 12:45   #202
Senior - BHPian

Guys after a lot of research toyota india has made up their mind for 20L Ex Showroom price. There will be takers for it at this price easily. It only doesnt help for some fellows like us who were hoping toyota do some paring with Thailand pricing + innova platform + localisation + little upcost of Innova.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:18   #203
BHPian

hi all

i dont think the silver coloured vehicle is a fortuner. I have seen the latest model in the show room just couple of days back (in Doha). it surely looks different especially from the back and side shots. The front does look like fortuner. The black vehicle does looks like a fortuner. Sorry if iam wrong
Old 15th May 2009, 13:28   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
This is Toyota Fortuner. I have spoken to the person driving also. Its 3000 cc engine, good power, nice comfort. Interiors are similar to innova, not much difference.

Everyday u can see atleast 2 -3 vehicles moving from Hosur road to city, Hope they are not stocking it.

The release is in August.

regards
Deepak
hi

the 3 LTR engine is under powered for the fortuner. Our company is having quite a fortuners in our fleet. The 4 ltr engine is quite nippy and fits the vehicle very well.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saamblr View Post
hi all

i dont think the silver coloured vehicle is a fortuner. I have seen the latest model in the show room just couple of days back (in Doha). it surely looks different especially from the back and side shots. The front does look like fortuner. The black vehicle does looks like a fortuner. Sorry if iam wrong

This is indeed the fortuner, if not the latest model.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:56   #206
Senior - BHPian

Looks huge ,will it have the street presence of the captiva or the CRv?Captiva has immense road presence for that matter.Maybe because of the color this feeling arise ,in a darker shade maybe it would look great,

ram
Old 15th May 2009, 16:28   #207
Senior - BHPian

omg people still hoping it to be priced around 13-14 lacs.
absolutely impossible no matter how much you people pray for it.It is a direct competitor for the CRV and the captiva which are 20 lac + no way it will compete with the scorpio ,safari or any other muv for that purpouse they have the innova which i must say Did /doing extremely well.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:33   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I agree with some of the others here. In India there is hardly any competition for Toyota in the 20 lakh range. They can price it at 10 and get away with it given that the Fortuner has much better specifications/features than other body on frame suvs sold in India in 20 lakh range.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:05   #209
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

great. Yes I hope they dont knock off all this on account of some estupido marketing tactic - it s going to be a winner in comparison to the OUtlander then! - Diesel plus 4WD.
Im sure it will beat the silly old Honda and Captiva too - I have never liked either of those - too pretentious I always felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In every other market it has been launched I believe that it comes with Toyota's full time 4WD system with center diff and center diff lock. I hope they don't make an exception for India.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:25   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Looks huge ,will it have the street presence of the captiva or the CRv?Captiva has immense road presence for that matter.Maybe because of the color this feeling arise ,in a darker shade maybe it would look great,

ram
This is huge, way more than Captiva or CRV, in terms of road presence, comparable or even better than Endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
omg people still hoping it to be priced around 13-14 lacs.
absolutely impossible no matter how much you people pray for it.It is a direct competitor for the CRV and the captiva which are 20 lac + no way it will compete with the scorpio ,safari or any other muv for that purpouse they have the innova which i must say Did /doing extremely well.
yeah, yeah, we do know its not going to be less than 20L, but yes, we are disappointed at this pricing from Toyota who have given us decent prices for CKD units (new Camry ruled out as its CBD)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks