Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:39   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did they give you any more info?Colors/specs/price? I need to book a white one but want to wait till I actually see one, although I am sure I will land up with one due to the lack of choices.
Colors : Most colors of Innova + Blue & Black.
Variants: 2 both maunal ( 3.0 litre diesel)
Price : 20 -24 lakhs on road , Bangalore
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:56   #392
BANNED

Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Colors : Most colors of Innova + Blue & Black.
Variants: 2 both maunal ( 3.0 litre diesel)
Price : 20 -24 lakhs on road , Bangalore

Are you sure there are two variants? The sales guy here told that only one variant is available. Also they seemed to have no clues about the pricing . He told me that they will be going for the product training this week and only
then the complete details will be known.

Hoping for the very best

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:05   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
He told me that they will be going for the product training this week and only then the complete details will be known.
There was some sort of a training thing happening with a masked-logo Fortuner in Angasana-spa last week. So, either this sales rep wasn't invited, or, he doesn't want to give you the info.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:21   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure there are two variants? The sales guy here told that only one variant is available. Also they seemed to have no clues about the pricing . He told me that they will be going for the product training this week and only
then the complete details will be known.

Hoping for the very best

Cheers
Yes thats what Nandi Toyota guys told me , hope for the best , Iam sure Toyota will not disappoint.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:30   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
There was some sort of a training thing happening with a masked-logo Fortuner in Angasana-spa last week. So, either this sales rep wasn't invited, or, he doesn't want to give you the info.
The guy who told me is my close friend. The senior guys from sales and service is going for product training this week. Only then the complete details can be known..
Cheers
Dilip
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:41   #396
Senior - BHPian

Official production of Fortuner has started today in TKM plant, Bidadi and dealers will be receiving cars starting from 7 Aug.
I saw 4 colors - Silver, black, dark grey and white. Silver and black looks stunning.
Right now it has two models and pricing is between 19 to 21 lacs ex showroom. The fortuners i saw had an "All Time 4WD" badge.
It looks very huge and similar to LC prado from many angles. Has a 3 litre CRDI engine and comes with 265/75 R17 Dunlop grand tour tyres. Has a small lever next to gear lever for shifting to 4wd mode.
Interiors look really good and has lots of space and good quality plastics all round.
Has 3 row airconditioning. Comes with rear parking sensors and from back it looks similar to BMW X5 if you remove the toyota badge.

I cannot take pics of the cars as it is not permitted inside plant.

Let me know in case of any info required related to the car.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:45   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Official production of Fortuner has started today in TKM plant, Bidadi and dealers will be receiving cars starting from 7 Aug.
I saw 4 colors - Silver, black, dark grey and white. Silver and black looks stunning.
Right now it has two models and pricing is between 19 to 21 lacs ex showroom. The fortuners i saw had an "All Time 4WD" badge.
It looks very huge and similar to LC prado from many angles. Has a 3 litre CRDI engine and comes with 265/75 R17 Dunlop grand tour tyres. Has a small lever next to gear lever for shifting to 4wd mode.
Interiors look really good and has lots of space and good quality plastics all round.
Has 3 row airconditioning. Comes with rear parking sensors and from back it looks similar to BMW X5 if you remove the toyota badge.

Wow! which are the two models ?
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:53   #398
BANNED

Hi mate
Please give more details regarding the model lineup and are u sure its 19-21l?
Cheers
Dilip

Quote:

Old 3rd August 2009, 15:26   #399
BHPian

I really hope Toyota would do justice to the pricing. 16-20 Lacs on-road might be a nice price, but anything above that barrier is too much to pay for a souped up Innova/Hilux.

When Captiva in CBU form can be sold at 20-24 lac levels, there is no reason why we should pay more for a CKD product with only marginal 4WD differences.

I've once driven Toyota 4Runner which I guess is a North American variant of Fortuner. I must say it is very much a plain jane baby Prado. It simply doesn't belong anywhere in premium SUV league and obviously not a very popular SUV there. In Indian scenario, the best comparison I can think of is to the Ford Endy but Endy is big and burly compared to 4Runner.
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:54   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Wow! which are the two models ?
I will confirm shortly after talking to respective division.

Quote:
Hi mate
Please give more details regarding the model lineup and are u sure its 19-21l?
Cheers
Dilip
Dillip,
The price is quoted by sales AGM and mostly it will be within that range. I am very busy with my work & unable to talk to resp divisions for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I really hope Toyota would do justice to the pricing. 16-20 Lacs on-road might be a nice price, but anything above that barrier is too much to pay for a souped up Innova/Hilux.
You may be right at this point of time as you have not seen the car in flesh. But i would have paid 22lacs without thinking twice for the fortuner if i was looking for an SUV. You have to see it to believe it. Its awesome man. They have parked 3 to 4 fortuners outside the line so that other employees can see it. By looking at the car the first word which came to my mind was WOW.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:48   #401
Senior - BHPian

One correction - Only one model is being launched as of now.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:08   #402
BHPian

Quote:
One correction - Only one model is being launched as of now.
Thanks buddy , that clarifies things.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:47   #403
BHPian

The Fortuner does look "wow", there is no doubt about it, I think it looks far better then the Captiva and the CRV. The price should somewhere be between 15-18.5 lakhs depending on which model they launch. In Thailand they have a 2WD also which sells at the same price point as a FORD Endy 2.5 so that makes it around 15 lakhs, the AWD models are comparable to the ENDY 3.0 so that makes it close to 18.5 lakhs. Unless Toyota wants to earn major premium on the fortuner it will be priced between 15-18.5 lakhs.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:11   #404
BHPian

If the base model (2W, RWD) is priced around 16 lacs, Toyota can sweep a major share of customers from Safari and Scorpio bandwagon along with many waiting to join its own Innova stable as well. The action happening in the 11-14 lac SUV price bracket is at least 4 times more than in the 20-24 lac SUV price bracket.

But we can only wish that sense prevails to Toyota management. May be they are not looking or equipped to do large volumes and may price the Fortuner in the 20 lacs range as many have already confirmed through various sources.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 3rd August 2009 at 18:14.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:23   #405
BHPian

Just got a Call from Nandi Toyota , bookings are open and its only 1 model ( 3 litre diesel) to be launched as of now on the August 24th . Its a AWD . On Road price between 20 -23 lakhs .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks