Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 17:41   #436
BHPian

Nice!

It appears that the demo vehicles have reached the dealers already.

I'm somehow getting a feel that white may not be the best shade for fortuner.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:43   #437
Senior - BHPian

Why chrome OVRMs, I like the body colored more. Stepney in under the rear body, that will reduce the GC of that point. These pics seems to be from Jaipur, would try to hunt for it..
Old 9th August 2009, 19:45   #438
Senior - BHPian

White looks ok as long as the OVRMs are body coloured as YM pointed out. Chrome OVRMs look better on black though
Old 9th August 2009, 23:21   #439
Senior - BHPian

That sure is the 2009 face lifted model. I wonder what are the changes done on the interiors from the Thailand version in the Indian model? Anything to do with the central console?
Old 10th August 2009, 11:10   #440
BHPian

brochure with details

For info to Fortuner fans. Sorry for the improper uploading. You may please, save the image and rotate for proper viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_01.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_02.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_03.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_04.jpg  

Last edited by shatrughna : 10th August 2009 at 11:12.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:38   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
White looks ok as long as the OVRMs are body coloured as YM pointed out. Chrome OVRMs look better on black though
In the pics above they have done exactly the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
For info to Fortuner fans. Sorry for the improper uploading. You may please, save the image and rotate for proper viewing.
I'll upload them again the right way. Thanks for sharing.

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_01.jpg

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_02.jpg

Name:  Fortuner_03.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  94.3 KB

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-fortuner_04.jpg
Old 10th August 2009, 13:29   #442
BHPian

I don't see anything special in the interior pictures when compared to the Thai version. May be the information that we'll be getting upgraded interiors was just a speculation.

IMO the interiors looks down market for a ~20 lac vehicle. Looks very much Innova'ish (for a reason) and thats not just interiors.

Toyota should have done a better cosmetic job to justify the huge price differential between Innova and Fortuner.

The wait till 24th for the final price is agonizing...Announce it Toyota!!!

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 10th August 2009 at 13:31.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:19   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
The top end Innova retails in excess of 15 Lakhs. So I don't see this below 17 Lakhs (Ex. showroom) to avoid any cannibalization.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:34   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I don't see anything special in the interior pictures when compared to the Thai version. May be the information that we'll be getting upgraded interiors was just a speculation.

IMO the interiors looks down market for a ~20 lac vehicle. Looks very much Innova'ish (for a reason) and thats not just interiors.

Toyota should have done a better cosmetic job to justify the huge price differential between Innova and Fortuner.

I agree, the interior is a very big disappointment. IMO, if Toyota had worked on the interiors, offered an automatic transmission as an option, with the Toyota badge and Fortuner reputation, it would have had a complete cake walk over CRV and Outlander in the soft-roader market, besides beating Indy in the off-roader category.

(Btw - The choice of writing the above para in past tense is very much intentional)
Old 10th August 2009, 18:14   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The top end Innova retails in excess of 15 Lakhs. So I don't see this below 17 Lakhs (Ex. showroom) to avoid any cannibalization.
I suppose the top end Innova (VX 2.5 Diesel 8 seater) comes at around 12 to 12.5 L OTR. The interiors seems okayish, but I was disappointed to see that central console for a 20L SUV.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:42   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_fanatic View Post
... it would have had a complete cake walk over CRV and Outlander in the soft-roader market, besides beating Indy in the off-roader category.

(Btw - The choice of writing the above para in past tense is very much intentional)
CRV costs way too much, Outlander looks like smaller Innova (no offense to Outlander fans).

IMO, Fortuner's real competition is Pajero, Endy and to some extent Captiva. Enough has been said about this competition earlier in this thread and in other threads. Pajero has dated interiors, Endy's ride is not worth writing home about so IMO Fortuner will see a lot of success on Indian roads. Look at the number of bookings Toyota has for this one.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:14   #447
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner is a slight disappointment IMHO.
The major factors on the interior are :
1) Central Console
2) Gear Leaver. Its looks so bad on this SUV.

Other factor is price. The car is costing too much IMHO as its quite late to enter. The lack of good products from Japanese and lack of image of Hyundai has given Toyota a free space to enjoy the monopoly.
Pajero is quite old as compared to Fortuner. Endy is also too truck like and does not have the refinement of Forturner specially in case of ride. Presence of Endy was never a good thing. I never could imagine that Endy actually had presence. Scorpio and Safari have more presence than Endy. Fortuner is the one to have won the game of presence here as the real competition it will face is Captiva.
Both of then have good diesels and are less truck like than Endy. And the Toyota badge will also help.

The price is too high and I hope toyota starts local production. Considering that Innova and Fortuner are based on same IMV platfrom, parts sharing will also help Toyota place Fortuner a bit lower and give tension to diesel saloon cars also.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:14   #448
Senior - BHPian

171 bhp and 343 nm of torque sounds cool.

A Pete's Box would make it close to 200 i am expecting.

The interiors though too simple should be of great quality.
I like the muscular looks and the Land-Cruiser-Like rear.

I would wait for the A/T 4x4 to come before i sign on the dotted line next year.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:44   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
171 bhp and 343 nm of torque sounds cool.

A Pete's Box would make it close to 200 i am expecting.
1) Its not 171 bhp, its 171 PS. Now ( all approx. )1.0149 ps = 1 bhp.
126KW = 168.96 bhp as 1 kw = approx. 1.3410 bhp.

So overall the engine output is around 168.XX bhp and not 171ps. I have noticed that off late many manufacturers are using the term PS instead of bhp. And most of the times, the manufacturer is at loss as they simply change the term form bhp to PS. Not that it matters much, but its not the best method of using units.

2) About PETE, I have observed that generally the jump is mainly around 15-20 bhp and sometimes upto 30 bhp ( IIRC, this is stage I ). There are reports of good change in performance through this.
Fortuner will be good after the addition of PETE box. Will give tough fight to Captiva.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th August 2009 at 19:46.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:13   #450
BHPian

Site Under Construction says site under construction and asks us to visit again to check the status
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks