Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 22:04   #451
BHPian

Quote:
www dot toyotafortuner dot in says site under construction and asks us to visit again to check the status
Looks like someone else has registered the domain before Toyota India did.
Also it is hosted on crappy Rediff. Why would a company like Toyota do that?

I guess Toyota can get back this domain if they really want under trademark protection laws.

Here is the WHOIS drill down and decide for yourself.

Domain ID : D3122612-AFIN
Domain Name:TOYOTAFORTUNER.IN
Created On:14-Sep-2008 11:19:09 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Nov-2008 19:20:05 UTC
Expiration Date:14-Sep-2009 11:19:09 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Rediff.com India Limited (R37-AFIN)
Registrant ID:RD-1838442835219
Registrant Name:ANMOL BHATIA
Registrant Organization:toyotafortuner.in
Registrant Street1:A1/272PASCHIM VIHAR
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City: DELHI
Registrant State/Province: Delhi
Registrant Postal Code:110063
Registrant Country:IN
Registrant Phone:+91.24449144
Registrant Phone Ext.:221
Registrant FAX:+91.24449144
Registrant FAX Ext.:361
Registrant Email:bhatiaanmol@yahoo.com
Admin ID:RD-1838442835219
Admin Name:ANMOL BHATIA
Admin Organization:toyotafortuner.in
Admin Street1:A1/272PASCHIM VIHAR
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City: DELHI
Admin State/Province: Delhi
Admin Postal Code:110063
Admin Country:IN
Admin Phone:+91.24449144
Admin Phone Ext.:221
Admin FAX:+91.24449144
Admin FAX Ext.:361
Admin Email:bhatiaanmol@yahoo.com
Tech ID:FR-1109146178210
Tech Name:Rediff.com India Limited
Tech Organization:
Tech Street1:L J First Cross Rd,
Tech Street2:Mahim-W
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Mumbai
Tech State/Province:Maharashtra
Tech Postal Code:400016
Tech Country:IN
Tech Phone:+91.2224449144
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+91.66777555
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:domaintech@rediff.co.in
Name Server:NS.REDIFFMAILPRO.COM
Name Server:NS2.REDIFFMAILPRO.COM

On second thoughts, dont get scammed via emails originating from this domain at least till the real ownership is proven

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 10th August 2009 at 22:09.
Old 10th August 2009, 22:45   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
2) Gear Leaver. Its looks so bad on this SUV
You need to see the prado then my friend. Both are similar and ugly but do the job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I would wait for the A/T 4x4 to come before i sign on the dotted line next year.
Abhinav i guess you would be left waiting only. It took toyota 3 some years to get the car and God knows how long more to get the Auto .

The car in white with all the chrome looks pathetic in my view. In darker colours the grey and the black it would look good. I'm glad i played safe and asked for a black.
Old 10th August 2009, 23:26   #453
BHPian

Quote:
I never could imagine that Endy actually had presence. Scorpio and Safari have more presence than Endy.
To each his own mate.. in my opinion, Endy is the machoest of the lot amongst the options available on date in Indian market, all other players (barring exception of Pajero) are wannabes, but that's just me..

Quote:
..Endy is also too truck like.. Both of then have good diesels and are less truck like than Endy.
Ain't we talking about trucks here in this thread? Or am I missing something?
People vie for the truckiest (if there's any one such term, else read butchest) looks for their trucks, what are we complaining about?

Oops, just noticed, ain't the two quoted statements contradicting each other?
I am lost.. without any hard feelings..
Old 11th August 2009, 09:55   #454
Senior - BHPian

its my first test car spotting

just now saw a black fortuner being test driven on Hosur road. Its huge and looks good in black
Old 11th August 2009, 10:40   #455
BHPian

Well...We keep hearing that Endy is big, Fortuner is huge...

Whereas there are many factors which contribute to a vehicle "appearing" huge or big than sheer physical size, I thought I'll do a short comparison on external dimensions of the big boys (within 10-25 lacs) around us. The smallest and the largest in each parameter is also highlighted.

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-size_comparison.jpg

Source: Carwale

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 11th August 2009 at 10:47.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:13   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
1) To each his own mate.. in my opinion, Endy is the machoest of the lot amongst the options available on date in Indian market, all other players (barring exception of Pajero) are wannabes, but that's just me..

2) Ain't we talking about trucks here in this thread? Or am I missing something?
People vie for the truckiest (if there's any one such term, else read butchest) looks for their trucks, what are we complaining about?
Oops, just noticed, ain't the two quoted statements contradicting each other?
1) To each his own, exactly what I mean. I have seen Endy and apart from the square looks, I think it actually lacks the height for real presence. But that is again what I feel.
I think LC Prado and LC200 ( they have called this amazon, where as smaller LC as Prado ).

2) Well, truck like featuers like square headlights, grille and a car not being refined especially in ride is what I mean by truck like. Endy is one to have truck like looks, but again I repeat, for me it lacks the presence. Endy needs to sort out ride quality too. Hence I called it truck like.
In comparison, both captiva and fortuner are good. They are more refined as far as ride quality goes. And then comes in the typical SUV presence, I think Fortuner is up with Prado, and LC.

All the comments on looks are my personal opinion.
I am sure that Captiva sales will be slightly affected after Fortuner arrives. Fortuner has got the best combination. Though personally I would have like a more powerful engine.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:27   #457
BHPian

hmm.. these days, consumers would want the max bang for their buck, and therefore, when they ask for SUV, they at the same time look for creature comforts of a luxury sedan. Even I would want this in an ideal world. Only if wishes were horses..

But what a co-incidence! The world where we live is not ideal, and therfore, we have to make compromises on each and every walk of life so as to obtain satisfaction from whatever is available. Else we would be left grumbling always.

Think of it like this - I am looking for a life partner who has wits of Whoopi Goldberg, looks of Angelina, caring as Mother Teresa, and what not.. You seriously think I would be able to marry in next 5 lifetimes, or for that ever?

Same is the case when we go SUV shopping - looking for butch looks, on-the-fly drive select, AT, coil-spring hydraulic suspensions, auto climate control, high GC, diesel diet, under XX lakhs, X years unlimited mileage warranty, XXX BHP under the hood, 7 seater, car like handling, comforts of a sedan and what not. Do I still think I would be able to, leave alone buying, identify one such vehicle in the Indian market at this point of time?

I would rather appreciate the options available, and make a sensible choice, as against cribbing about what is not available..

I guess the package provided by TKM in form of Fortuner is the best (though there is always scope of improvement - what to do, I too am a prospective customer) at this price point. After all TKM is not a charitable/non-profit organization. It is out there to make money, and make the most from the market where consumers have limited choices. And no, I do not work for this company, do not have family/friend working there, don't have direct/indirect professional gains arising out of my previous statement, nor would Toyota give me discount when I go shopping because I wrote a statement defending them

Enough of my rambling.. Am tuned in for more information from on-the-prowl members for insider details!
Old 11th August 2009, 13:24   #458
NIP
Senior - BHPian

WHat a beauty ! Are bookings open for the fortuner ?!
Old 11th August 2009, 14:18   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
WHat a beauty ! Are bookings open for the fortuner ?!
Yep. Any chance of you going in for one??
Old 11th August 2009, 14:26   #460
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yep. Any chance of you going in for one??
Who knows i will ONLY consider it in Automatic though.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:24   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Well...We keep hearing that Endy is big, Fortuner is huge...

Whereas there are many factors which contribute to a vehicle "appearing" huge or big than sheer physical size, I thought I'll do a short comparison on external dimensions of the big boys (within 10-25 lacs) around us. The smallest and the largest in each parameter is also highlighted.

Attachment 172791

Source: Carwale
I see Scorpio not featuring anywhere. In terms of height I guess it will deserve to be highlighted in yellow. Is it because its not considered to be a SUV because its not long enough?
Old 11th August 2009, 16:28   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Who knows i will ONLY consider it in Automatic though.
Booking is on now officially as a dealer with who I was following up had contacted me. But delivery period he mentioned was approx. 3 months which means it will be end of the year 2009. In such case, I would wait for model mfd 2010 and may be TKM considers launching an auto model with 4*4 tranny.

I also would like to compare it with Scorpio VLX 4*4 and Endeavour AT 4*4 which are likely to be announced/ on the road in the similar time frame.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:43   #463
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good input - this irritating interchangeable usage of BHP and PS in articles, brochures and car magazines can cause a lot of confusion to the reader.

wish they would simply say BHP - so much easier on everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Its not 171 bhp, its 171 PS. Now ( all approx. )1.0149 ps = 1 bhp.
126KW = 168.96 bhp as 1 kw = approx. 1.3410 bhp.

So overall the engine output is around 168.XX bhp and not 171ps. I have noticed that off late many manufacturers are using the term PS instead of bhp. And most of the times, the manufacturer is at loss as they simply change the term form bhp to PS. Not that it matters much, but its not the best method of using units.

2) About PETE, I have observed that generally the jump is mainly around 15-20 bhp and sometimes upto 30 bhp ( IIRC, this is stage I ). There are reports of good change in performance through this.
Fortuner will be good after the addition of PETE box. Will give tough fight to Captiva.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:20   #464
Senior - BHPian

Height is not an advantage for drive quality. In fact it takes the CG up which results in more body roll.

On the other hand Ground clearance is a big advantage for SUVs.

Ground clearance list:

Toyota Fortuner – 221 mm
Outlander- 215 mm
Ford Endeavour – 210 mm
Safari – 205 mm
Pajero – 205 mm
Captiva – 197 mm
Grand Vitara – 185 mm
Scorpio – 180 mm

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 11th August 2009 at 18:22.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:42   #465
BHPian

"FORTUNER" OOOHH that pickup!!

I believe that most of us by this time now the fact that its nothing but the pickup Hilux + cabin.

Given a choice of Hilux & fortuner I would take the Hilux instantly
Question is why?

Topgear had the answer way back!!! when they drove a highly sophisticated Hilux (sold in the UK) in snow Antarctica to the South Pole.

Hilux is AWESOME!!

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks