Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 09:11   #496
BHPian

I'm not writing this one off, but at this price point, TOYOTA is definitely milking us. The interiors are not much different from Innova.
Not a fair comparison, but if Skoda can roll out SUPERB (finest interiors and kickass engine) at this price point I'm not too sure why Toyota can't follow the same (at least as far as interiors are concerned). Atleast come close to Camry interiors if not match it. I guess, I'll have to wait for maybe SANTA FE.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:14   #497
BHPian

And so the car bashing begins like with every other car before just before its launch!!
I dont know why, but just before (and after) a car launch, all of us engage in criticizing the car (and the manufacturer). The truth is that if Toyota is milking us, nobody will buy the car. Let's wait and watch. I just bought myself an Innvoa and I see nothing wrong with its interiors or the music system (except maybe the lack of an auxillary input, which even the i10 offers). So, what's the harm if the Fortuner uses some of the goodies from the Innova!! Maybe its the snob value that is lost with the same interiors. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the interiors.
If I am not mistaken, the Fortuner is built on the same platform as the Innova; but we don't have a problem with that
Old 20th August 2009, 10:43   #498
Senior - BHPian

Is ther going to be a 7 seater version like the innova.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:45   #499
BHPian

There is nothing wrong with INNOVA. Infact Innova is a segment leader by all means. I also know that Fortuner is a very capable machine but the interiors (which are no way bad) simply don't justify the price (18-20 L). They could have done better (atleast with the sound system, driver/FCP seat adjustments, central console). If Skoda can provide the in and out of its class leading interiors at this price point for Superb, every manufacturer can.

If Fortuner was to sell around 15 L, then things would have been perfect. The fact is that there simply ain't enough oil burner SUV's in this segment yet so Toyota can sell whatever and as much as it wants at this price point.

Last edited by 1-Testosterone : 20th August 2009 at 10:48.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:13   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyansp View Post
actually I think, I was disappointed with them. Friends, I have already booked the Fortuner!
What made you go for Fortuner against the likes of Captiva, Outlander, X-Trail and CRV? Is the sheer road presence or do you often engage in serious off roading? or after hassle free experience of owing an Innova made you stick to brand Toyota?
Old 20th August 2009, 14:27   #501
Senior - BHPian

@Kalyan- I am kinda bafffled.
By your posts i can assume you are not satisfied with fortuner(primary the innova like interior and lack of features) and still you had booked it. Is it just cos of the outer look?
I had seen Captiva interiors and they do look better than this.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:52   #502
BHPian

HEY anyone out there has an idea about importing cars???
I would surely like to import similar suv's. Its freaking expensive & its almost double the price in india, of what is sold here in uae!!!!
Its very easy work out the import a strategy if some local help can be found!!
Old 20th August 2009, 18:45   #503
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Please continue all Fortuner discussions on The Fortuner test report

This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2009 at 15:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks