Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 14:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Hey Guys ..

Sorry for the mistake ...

Its outlander, A big mistake, Sorry for tempting you all. How come I didn't notice the difference.
I almost cancelled my Altis..
Old 21st October 2008, 16:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Remember the monstrosity called the Qualis. It was dug up from a grave in Thailand and launched in India and people were upset when they stopped selling it.
I always thought it was Kijang from Indonesia (thats what was mostly written in magazines).
In Thailand they dont even sell enough Innova's or Avanza's...its about Fortuner, and sedans.
Old 21st October 2008, 19:14   #63
BHPian

I am waiting for Fortuner.
I went to see a Captiva considering a good exchange offer for my Scorpio VLX but was sad to see the prices and features- it is just not adviseable to exchange Mhawk for a Captiva. Both lack 4*4 , both are manual and no matter how powerful Captiva may be - it was feeling crammed from inside comapred to Scorpio and on top of that missed even controls on Sterring which VLX has.

Just wishing hoping praying Fortuner comes soon.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:57   #64
BHPian

Update on Fortuner - AutoCar

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 21st October 2008, 22:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I am waiting for Fortuner.
I went to see a Captiva considering a good exchange offer for my Scorpio VLX but was sad to see the prices and features- it is just not adviseable to exchange Mhawk for a Captiva. Both lack 4*4 , both are manual and no matter how powerful Captiva may be - it was feeling crammed from inside comapred to Scorpio and on top of that missed even controls on Sterring which VLX has.

Just wishing hoping praying Fortuner comes soon.
are you positive about captiva not having controls on steering wheel? I thought it had audio controls on the steering wheel but just lacked cruise control.

Regarding feeling cramped, according to the respective websites - the captiva is wider at 1870mm vs 1817mm on scorpio but the scorpio is longer overall at 4495mm with its step open vs 4660mm on captiva and also taller at 1975mm vs 1755mm on captiva.

I have not sat in one personally as I am in the US right now but was hoping that the extra width on the captiva would've translated to extra width on the inide as well. Captiva has a longer wheel base as well which doesnt really mean much inside.
Old 22nd October 2008, 13:55   #66
BHPian

[quote=GhettoMAX;1024563]are you positive about captiva not having controls on steering wheel? I thought it had audio controls on the steering wheel but just lacked cruise control.

quote]
yes it has controls for music system - no cruise control. but as far as feeling of spaciousness is concerned - scorpio feels much airy- may be because of overall volume inside- but at 22 lakhs on road- as comapred to 11 Lakhs for VLX- I couldnt buy the logic.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmatharu View Post
If they are going to launch only MT variant , then I am disappointed. Currently I am not able to find anything meeting my wish list below 50Lakhs- In 22 we have many options but each lacking something very critical .

Though I wont take this scoop / article from the mags at its face value as most of the times- companies prove them wrong in their predictions. June 2009 in any case way too far and since this SUV has been coming here since 2005 - I will rather sleep over it for now and wake up in June 09.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Today I saw a partially masked Fortuner on Brigade road. I could not take any pictures. It looked bigger then any other softroaders that are there in India today.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:27   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Today I saw a partially masked Fortuner on Brigade road. I could not take any pictures. It looked bigger then any other softroaders that are there in India today.
Finally ! A ray of hope !
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner snapped on Hosur Road, Bangalore

Spotted and photographed a minimally masked Toyota Fortuner today (23rd March) on Hosur Road in Bangalore . My wife is still amazed that she actually hung halfway out of her window to do that !

Was being driven very gingerly and looked huge and a lot more butch than the Captiva or the CRV. Only the lights and logos were taped.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-1.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-2.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-3.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-4.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-5.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-6.jpg  

Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!-7.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2009 at 13:08. Reason: Applying watermarks
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

This is a huge machine, no doubt and this is heightened by the high set nature of the vehicle. This machine can also handle more offroading than what CR-V, Outlander and Captiva can manage. I hope they manufacture it here to bring down the cost.

Also can they bring in a more modern and powerful 3.0 motor, I have a feeling that the 165 horses will not be able to haul the weight of this machine with agility and speed.

The shots posted by itwasntme where the car is alongside the bus indicate the size and height of this machine.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hey, great find, thanks for sharing! The ray of hope becomes a little stronger - but (sigghhhh) the price will be way way up there
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:43   #73
BHPian

finally you got it on the road thanks for sharing
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:31   #74
BHPian

Is it just me? I don't like Hind side quarter profile much.
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

yay!! finally Toyota pulled up its pants and decided to bring it in(i mean the fortuner ).

Im guessing an Aug launch.
As you can see people it is the Diesel Version.(only the diesel has the bonnet scoop)

Last edited by vinaydas : 23rd March 2009 at 19:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed