Team-BHP - Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted Toyota Fortuner. PICS on Pg. 5 & 19. EDIT : Launch on 24th August! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35518-spotted-toyota-fortuner-pics-pg-5-19-edit-launch-24th-august.html)

It's True. I spotted a Toyota Fortuner in Khan Market Today at around 12 noon today. Couldn't get a pics as it went off in a flash. But Man It Rocked. Had an embassy no and goldenish colour. Any Idea When its coming? Or Anyone spotted it?

Link to GTO's highly detailed test report : The Fortuner test report

Toyota is going to launch the Fortuner in end of the year 2009 in india:Frustrati.

source: ACI.

oh,you missed the pic.i was waiting eagerly for this one to be launched.maybe long ques in front of the toyota showrooms after that.
ram

Based on what I heard from trusted source Toyota would launch Fortuner by early 2009 or even much before that, it will be sold similar to Camry meaning it won't be purely Indian manufactured. So cost would be in 15 lac. bracket. ex show room.

In 2006 after cofirming Fortuner won't debut untill 2008 yearend and its price won't be sub 12 lac. I have settled for innova. in 2009 Safari makes more sense than Fortuner because by then Safari will be fully mature!

It will sell like hot cake but max. unit per month Toyota can import and sell is 300 I guess.

Toyota's main focus as of now is on new Corolla, premium Hatchback.

Regards,

Ravi.

As of now, this vehicle is not coming. I am personally expecting this car to hit in Diwali, but that seems just a dream. Everyone of us is waiting for this car for atleast one year, but it is yet to taste the indian soil. I think Toyota is more interested in launching the Small car before it launches Fortuner.

End line is that almost no one has any idea about the launch. If some one has, then please let us all know.

Hope it comes soon . What will be the price if we import it? Any Idea?

I think it will be taking CRV head on so expect similar pricing. BTW my friend in s'pore has this SUV and frankly I find CRV better looking though it's not known to be much of an off-roader.

I would tend to agree with you Ravi. In the next 2-3 years Safari & Scorpio will mature enough being totally compatible to Indian conditions and give a run for money to other brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 721447)
Based on what I heard from trusted source Toyota would launch Fortuner by early 2009 or even much before that, it will be sold similar to Camry meaning it won't be purely Indian manufactured. So cost would be in 15 lac. bracket. ex show room.

In 2006 after cofirming Fortuner won't debut untill 2008 yearend and its price won't be sub 12 lac. I have settled for innova. in 2009 Safari makes more sense than Fortuner because by then Safari will be fully mature!

It will sell like hot cake but max. unit per month Toyota can import and sell is 300 I guess.

Toyota's main focus as of now is on new Corolla, premium Hatchback.

Regards,

Ravi.

The Fortuner will be a hit for sure if its launched in the right segment with the right price. Is it comming with the same 2.7L 160 PS &/or 3.0l 163 PS engines as sold outside?

OT: Any idea on when the hatch Yaris will be laucnhed. I suppose it'll have a 1.3 L engine under the hood.

man u had me jumping that the fortuner is finally being tested. But the consulate plates are a bummer!

Spotted really does not mean much either way. A car spotted on Indian roads does not mean it is expected at dealers tomorrow. Think about it.

No number plates: you have not specified, but even if it was without one, I spot at least 3-4 cars made in India without number plates of any kind.

Even if it was really a test car, it may have been undergoing road tests for all conditions (and not necessarily as a prelude to its launch here).

Honestly, too many ifs and do not know with Fortuner.

Embassy Number Plate. ( Specified in my post )

Maybe the guy has imported it.

yes that is very likly

toyota has delayed its plans for the fotuner as they are not able to price it in the range they want it

i saw them in dubai and in bangkok but i personally dont like it.. i prefer the nissan rouge or even rav4 instead of that.

I too saw the same at Chanakya puri a couple of months ago . It was light golden with blue color embassy no. plate . The car looked fantastic . Sorry no pics as i dont carry a cam .... stupid: