Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 10:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So true!

I do not fold my mirror and always use it (one of the good effect of learning driving in Dubai!). Today morning while on the way to office, one &*&*^&^*^ guy in a pulsar banged his handle on the mirror and broke the casing.

that ^&^***%%^^ never even bother to have a second look, he just drove off. what to do, some peoples brains are just not grown as much their physical body!
I second that. On Delhi roads and specially at red lights the two wheeler guys bang the side view mirrors pretty regularly. Once they bang, they just drive-off. No apology nothing. Feel like X$#&%^ their happiness.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:17   #17
BHPian

I hope Ford does something about their 6-CD changer in the SXI as well and equips it to play MP3. I wonder why they came out with it without that capability in the first place. The system actually sounds pretty nice and having MP3 capability would make it ideal.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Airbags as standard fitment is a good move, although i would have preferred if ABS was made standard.

Quote:
The company has replaced its mid-end 1.4 ZXI with a more powerful 1.6litre ZXI variant.
Hmm, now wouldnt that upset the mileage conscious community?
Old 14th February 2008, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
lol! 13th 14th and 15th model for Fiesta!
Dude,
Lets give some credit to ford here. They have upgraded their existing line up. No new "limited edition" really. And those standard fitments are first in its segment i guess. After adding airbags and side indicators, the price has gone up by only 5.5k.

Maruti did all the "modification"(got to search those bumper jobs with magnifying glass) to swift and price went up by 10k.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:06   #20
BHPian

Does this mean, 1.6 zxi available at the price of 1.4 zxi? If yes then what was the earliar 1.6 zxi price? Is there a price cut here?
Old 14th February 2008, 12:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I hope Ford does something about their 6-CD changer in the SXI as well and equips it to play MP3. I wonder why they came out with it without that capability in the first place. The system actually sounds pretty nice and having MP3 capability would make it ideal.
I strongly second this viewpoint.

As regards prices, it looks like they have been cut. The 1.6 sxi used to cost 7.27 lacs in Hyd, and it now appears to be 6.9 as per this posting.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:16   #22
BHPian

Great move, Ford certian has neat products but the service line needs to more efficenta nd cost effective
Old 14th February 2008, 12:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Lets give some credit to ford here. They have upgraded their existing line up. No new "limited edition" really. After adding airbags and side indicators, the price has gone up by only 5.5k.

Maruti did all the "modification"(got to search those bumper jobs with magnifying glass) to swift and price went up by 10k.

When Maruti launches "all new" cars with clear headlamps, redesigned bumpers and new grille, it's hailed as something fabulous but if others launch their cars with better features and more visible and concrete features, it's made fun off.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Great move, Ford certian has neat products but the service line needs to more efficenta nd cost effective
There was a big ad in today's TOI Bangalore edition inviting tenders for a new Ford dealer in Bangalore. The current players here are Metro Ford and Cauvery Ford. Would Metro get the boot, or are they looking at adding a new dealer altogether?
Old 14th February 2008, 12:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Metro deserves the boot, going by a member's posting last year on how his Fiesta got totalled.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff - just like fully loaded Spark being available with airbags/ABS/alloys for 3.84 ex-showroom

The era of airbags for all cars will soon dawn.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

With Fiesta/Ikon sales in 1/08 down 55% over 1/07, and 10% in 2007, it was high time that Ford did something. Will this help, or will it go the way of GM's periodic Limited Editions.Fiesta had its run in 2006, but has been going down for more than a year.
Old 14th February 2008, 13:26   #28
BHPian

The Fiesta is a good looking/capable car, but has poor sales due to various reasons, one of them being the lack of equipment. I guess this update should address that to an extent. Would really help if they can get the price band a bit narrower than the 6-9 lakhs that the current Fiesta lineup spans. This band is very competitive and the Fiesta simply cant compete with the likes of the Indigo, Logan at the low end, the SX4 in the middle and the City at the top end.
Old 14th February 2008, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I strongly agree with you samir. The system should play the mp3s.
Also i think the ABS should be made a standard feature atleast on the top end SXi. When my dad got the SXi in 2006, he had to pay 25k extra for ABS which made the on-road price 7.70lacs, Pune...it should have had the Air bags in the first place then also(on the SXi variant)...although now it is there is a welcome feature
Also Ford should do something about the rubbers, no MRF Z V2K s on the car please.
Old 14th February 2008, 14:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
I strongly agree with you samir. The system should play the mp3s.
Also i think the ABS should be made a standard feature atleast on the top end SXi. When my dad got the SXi in 2006, he had to pay 25k extra for ABS which made the on-road price 7.70lacs, Pune...it should have had the Air bags in the first place then also(on the SXi variant)...although now it is there is a welcome feature
Also Ford should do something about the rubbers, no MRF Z V2K s on the car please.
dhaval--ABS is a std feature with the sxi since March, 07. I got mine with ABS. But I had to pay 23K for the alloy wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks