Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 17:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
In Europe. Over here it will be compared to the Swift and people will say why does the Fiat 500 cost 12 lacs and the Swift 6 lacs when they have the same 1.3 MJD engine?
Agreed that it has history only in Europe.

The best thing about 500 is the desirability factor. In an interview to Overdrive (Feb 2008 issue), Fiat Powertrain CEO Alfredo Altavilla mentions that they are planning to use 500 as a brand building measure for Fiat. He also says that Fiat will choose the customers for 500, as they would like the customers to be brand ambassadors of Fiat. This means, they are not expecting many sales here, which is realistic. The desirability and the cool factor might get some rich people to think of buying this car, provided Fiat thinks of them as good brand ambassadors.

But, that factor is missing in Bravo. I really doubt whether anyone will pay so much to buy this car.

Fiat can tom-tom the history of 500 as a part of brand education, but they do not have anything to say about Bravo, except that it is a good looking family hatch with pretty good engine specs. That is not enough. There are many good family cars for Indians to choose from. Customers then start seeing "value for money factor" from this car, which is absent.

That is why I say that 500 can see some buyers, whereas Bravo will fail to do anything.
Old 14th February 2008, 18:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

perhaps this thread can be closed as there is no such news of the bravo getting released as such. even if it is it will be a CBU along with fiat 500 which is all very far off.
Old 14th February 2008, 19:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
perhaps this thread can be closed as there is no such news of the bravo getting released as such. even if it is it will be a CBU along with fiat 500 which is all very far off.
We do not have any concrete information on this. We can bump up this thread when we the have the info on the same.

-BSR
Old 14th February 2008, 20:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
-------------------------------------------------
Hi prabuddhadg
...That reminds me, where the hell is the Palio 1.3 MJD
I need to make a decision fast. Or FIAT is losing another customer. For ever.

That would not be a wise decision. I drive a Fiat myself, and one thing you just have to grant to them is that while they may be siesta happy during service, they may have no idea how to sell food to the famished, but cars they know how to make. If you love driving, a Fiat you have to drive. Period.
Old 15th February 2008, 12:50   #20
OEM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
That would not be a wise decision. I drive a Fiat myself, and one thing you just have to grant to them is that while they may be siesta happy during service, they may have no idea how to sell food to the famished, but cars they know how to make. If you love driving, a Fiat you have to drive. Period.
---------------------------------------------
Prabuddadg
Advice taken. I have just decided on a Palio 1.9 D. Looks pretty well maintained. Now need to get my mechanic's OK. And when the GP comes to town, might trade it in.

Thanks
OEM
Old 15th February 2008, 17:16   #21
BHPian

Hi OEM,

What year is it? Though I am not a big fan of diesels, the 1.9 is quite torquey, and you will enjoy it on city drives, particularly in bumper to bumper traffic.

Look after it well and you will get that much more value when you trade it in for the G P.
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Brava

I don't know if this thread is relevant here. But I recently saw a blue Fiat Brava on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, on its way to Pune. I initially thought it was a Punto as it whizzed past, but when I got to the toll booth I got to see the badging - Brava it was. It was a bit dusty and had that red MH-TC stickers. Don't know if it was being driven from the docks or being moved between cities for fun (the Ferrari run has started). What is up? Dealers have started stocking it?

Moral?

P.S. It looks bland from the back, but sideways it is, err, s*e*x*y.
Old 2nd March 2008, 19:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I don't know if this thread is relevant here. But I recently saw a blue Fiat Brava on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, on its way to Pune. I initially thought it was a Punto as it whizzed past, but when I got to the toll booth I got to see the badging - Brava it was. It was a bit dusty and had that red MH-TC stickers. Don't know if it was being driven from the docks or being moved between cities for fun (the Ferrari run has started). What is up? Dealers have started stocking it?

Moral?

P.S. It looks bland from the back, but sideways it is, err, s*e*x*y.

Are you sure its "Brava" or was it "Bravo"? Both are different models. Bravo is going to be released in India shortly.
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:21   #24
BHPian

Just a question. Why does Fiat not want to manufacture Fiat 500 model here in India completely and then sell it at prices of Swift. It will break all records in India i guess. Fiat has winner in their hand then why dont they get it here in Full scale. I just keep wondering why Fiat 500 MADE IN INDIA!! :(
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Are you sure its "Brava" or was it "Bravo"? Both are different models. Bravo is going to be released in India shortly.
I read it as Brava. Bravo?
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

TypeO, many guys called me up from the expressway last week on different days at different times saying they saw a Punto / Bravo on the expressway. I am unsure what it is but its Blue in colour and people have been spotting it testing.
Old 4th March 2008, 07:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
TypeO, many guys called me up from the expressway last week on different days at different times saying they saw a Punto / Bravo on the expressway. I am unsure what it is but its Blue in colour and people have been spotting it testing.
It is the Bravo/Brava. Saw the name. Guess it is the same baby I saw.
Old 4th March 2008, 08:35   #28
BHPian

i completely share the sentiments reflected so far... the 500 might go a long way in building the fiat brand, but i see little sense in selling the bravo at 20 lakhs! in any other european country it is just another fiat, so why does fiat india think that our market will see it as something special? just because of the price? cmon, fiat, dont insult our intelligence!
Old 4th March 2008, 11:16   #29
BHPian

Looks like FIAT is banking on the 1.9 motor to justify a part of the premium on the Bravo's tag. However, if the 1.9 is available on any other set of wheels in India, then a prospective buyer might really think hard before putting down money on the Bravo. IMO, +2.5 lacs(OTR) on the price of Honda Civic seems a good price point.( Actually there is not much to justify that premium, but seems a good compromise point - FIAT would make a decent margin + The Bravo could be a serious reckoning for any buyer in that segment) Anything more might just kill the product, possibly. Especially, since theres not much of a promise in the ASC department.
Old 4th March 2008, 14:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Punto is sure the next launch,linea will follow her.never heard of brava in the recent launch list from the fiat stable.
Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks