Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 19:20   #61
BHPian

agreed that the bravo will give you all the features that your usual 15-20 lac car wont give. Heck it will be far superior in technology, looks and of course superfast on the road than your average 20 lac car (what do you expext from a 1.9 litre TC engine with 150 BHP), but i see 2 common glitches here.

1. its a fiat. People have time and again turned a blind eye to the super products that fiat has to offer.
2. its a fiat...for 20 lacs...

Its crazy to price it there..but again i am sure there was some thought gone into this by fiat. Maybe since its not gonna be built in india, and the duty makes it expensive but i am sure, this willbe one thing to watch out for.

Now i go back to work, and work hard so that i have enough money too buy the BRAVO.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2009, 20:03   #62
BHPian

Bravo will now be made in India

Thoroughly Italian in its looks and European in appeal, the Fiat Bravo was set to take CBU route into India and act as a brand builder for Fiat.
After Fiat's major investments in its Ranjangaon facility, however, the Bravo will now be made in India - a fact that will bring down its prices and increase its chances of widespread success. Competing with the Fabia and bigger sedans, this fabulous hatch features brilliant interiors, lots of space and a powerful 1.9 litre multijet oilburner. If arriving in style is what you want, the Bravo will do it in spades in 2009.

Source: Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Can some one confirm this . In fact if this is true then we have a hot hatch from fiat for a reasonable price for sure.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
Thoroughly Italian in its looks and European in appeal, the Fiat Bravo was set to take CBU route into India and act as a brand builder for Fiat.
After Fiat's major investments in its Ranjangaon facility, however, the Bravo will now be made in India - a fact that will bring down its prices and increase its chances of widespread success. Competing with the Fabia and bigger sedans, this fabulous hatch features brilliant interiors, lots of space and a powerful 1.9 litre multijet oilburner. If arriving in style is what you want, the Bravo will do it in spades in 2009.

Source: Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Can some one confirm this . In fact if this is true then we have a hot hatch from fiat for a reasonable price for sure.

If this is true(which I really doubt), it is the best news in the Indian automobile arena for 2009. This big hatch there will give many 20 lacs+ sedan dreamless nights as far as performance is considered.

But realistically a Bravo with 1.9 MJD for 6-7 lacs is too much to expect. I think Bravo will be placed above linea.

The Fiat Bravo comes with following engine options in the UK,

Petrol 1.4 ->90 BHP, 1.4 (T-jet) ->120 BHP and 1.4 (T-jet) ->150 BHP
Dieseel 1.6 MJD -> 105 BHP, 1.6 MJD ->120 BHP, 1.9 MJD 150 BHP and 2.0 MJD 165 BHP( This engine has a displacement of 1956 rather than 1910 in case of 1.9MJD)

With these types of engine ranges, they can actually come up with a lower engine spec and reduced prices for India.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 12th January 2009 at 21:08.
Old 12th January 2009, 21:07   #64
BHPian

In our dreams. It will be priced at max at par with Linea. Its a big big hatch. if it is priced at 6-7 where will GP go??? 5-6 lac??? 8-10 is what I'm expecting.. top end on par with fabia vRS if the latter ever makes it.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels is from Timesgroup, so I hope there is some truth in this.
If Bravo is made in India, surely it will come with T-Jets and 1.6MJDs, which can then also find their way into Lineas. So I hope this is true, and not some rumor.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:45   #66
BHPian

I had earlier enqured about the bravo and this was the response i got from fiat india

Dear Mr.Rohit

Thanks for the interest on our future product – Bravo.

Bravo will be launched in 1st Qtr of 2009 with 1.9 L Multijet dsl. engine delivering 150 HP.

If you need any further information pl. do write in.

Warm regards.

Ricky

I had asked for further clarification and this was the answer from fiat india.

Dear Mr.Rohit

The exact price will be announced on the launch date. But the tentative price will be around Rs.25 Lacs.

Bravo does not have a automatic transmission.

Warm regards.

Ricky

Mod's Note: Please do not make multiple back to back posts. Your posts have been merged.
Old 13th January 2009, 01:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
I had earlier enqured about the bravo and this was the response i got from fiat india

Dear Mr.Rohit

Thanks for the interest on our future product – Bravo.

Bravo will be launched in 1st Qtr of 2009 with 1.9 L Multijet dsl. engine delivering 150 HP.

Warm regards.

Ricky

I had asked for further clarification and this was the answer from fiat india.

Dear Mr.Rohit

The exact price will be announced on the launch date. But the tentative price will be around Rs.25 Lacs.

Bravo does not have a automatic transmission.

Warm regards.

Ricky

Mod's Note: Please do not make multiple back to back posts. Your posts have been merged.
Hmm..25 Lakhs for Bravo? How does a Captiva 2.0 litre VCDI engine putting out 150 BHP with an AWD and automatic transmission sound? Captiva is also imported as a CBU. A hatch pricier than an SUV?
Old 16th January 2009, 15:29   #68
BHPian

Fiat Bravo 6-7 Lacs

Zig Wheels has reported that Bravo would be sold between 6-7 lacs and it would be launched in 2009. Further they comment that it might not be a CBU after all.

What do you guys make of it? Bad reporting?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BRAVO.pdf (205.0 KB, 397 views)
Old 16th January 2009, 15:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a printing error. 16-17 Lakhs is more likely!
Old 16th January 2009, 15:35   #70
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Zig Wheels has reported that Bravo would be sold between 6-7 lacs and it would be launched in 2009. Further they comment that it might not be a CBU after all.

Well, its definitely contrary to what Fiat was claiming earlier. Highly unlikely.

Let us say Punto releases in April - June timeframe. Will Bravo with this price tag be released in the same year?
Old 16th January 2009, 15:40   #71
BHPian

Errr Bravo for 6-7 Lakh........it is around 20 Lakh
How poor and misleading report!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 16th January 2009 at 15:42.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

Very very unlikely..

Unless they rename the GP as the Bravo
Old 16th January 2009, 15:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

considering Fiat 500 prices i doubt that they will sell bravo for 6-7 lacs. Even Linea is around 7 lacs and AFAIK bravo is much bigger, powerful etc etc.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:45   #74
BHPian

In your dreams , I will say.

First they launch GP first, then think about the next Car.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
considering Fiat 500 prices i doubt that they will sell bravo for 6-7 lacs. Even Linea is around 7 lacs and AFAIK bravo is much bigger, powerful etc etc.
I am really waiting for this car to be available in India below 7L range with 120 PS diesel engine. I am a fan of premium hatchbacks. I really do not like sedans.

-BSR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks