Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 15:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

It is tooooo early to talk about Bravo now.

Fiat just got over with Linea launch, and now they will be focussing on G Punto, which is planned for mid-2009 launch.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:52   #77
BHPian

not possible at all!! if you look at the dimensions of this car even if it comes with 1.3 ltr diesel and 1.4 ltr petrol engine it is not going to be retailed less then 8-9 lacs ex-showroom. its a super hatch!!

Fiat.co.uk | Fiat Bravo : Compare the Fiat Bravo Range and Models
Old 17th January 2009, 00:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a blue Fiat Bravo on Sion-Trombay road Chembur quite a few days ago.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:33   #79
BHPian

The price mentioned in this thread might not be practical even if Bravo is locally manufactured and with a high level of localization. Only way they can reduce the prices is by offering different variants with engine options ranging from 1.3 MJD to 1.6 MJD(leaving the 1.9 MJD and 2.0 MJD). Starting price might be around 6.2 lacs to around 9 lacs exshowroom.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
The price mentioned in this thread might not be practical even if Bravo is locally manufactured and with a high level of localization. Only way they can reduce the prices is by offering different variants with engine options ranging from 1.3 MJD to 1.6 MJD(leaving the 1.9 MJD and 2.0 MJD). Starting price might be around 6.2 lacs to around 9 lacs exshowroom.
The price range you have mentioned here is already with Linea, and I don't think Fiat will be pricing anything close to the Linea range.

I think, the Grande Punto base model price will be slightly less than 4.5.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Errr Bravo for 6-7 Lakh........it is around 20 Lakh
How poor and misleading report!
Fiat wont take the pain to manufacture Bravo in India.It is a super hatch and that category of vehicles dont have good market in India.So manufacturing a super hatch will be a waste of time and money for Fiat unless it is exported to other countries from India.

So we might get a Bravo but with a steep price and the car will be for the people with more vitamin M.
Old 17th January 2009, 01:24   #82
BHPian

wow!!Bravo looks super hot !
Old 11th February 2009, 23:25   #83
Senior - BHPian

i surely wouldn't want to give my 20+lac bravo for service in the current tata or fiat service stations in bangalore.
Instead of launching cars they should buy land and build service stations
Old 12th February 2009, 12:15   #84
BHPian

Bravo is a car that competes with the likes of Civic, Golf, Megane etc in Europe. Expecting it to be priced around 6 -7 lacs will certainly cause disappointment if and when launched here with its true price. Its a car that is premium to Linea as well, probably in between Linea and Civic. Its the successor to Stilo if I am not wrong in Europe, but with an extended platform from Grande Punto, just like the Linea.

Last edited by grvanand : 12th February 2009 at 12:17.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:31   #85
BHPian

well according to most sources the Bravo will be sold over at a premium even over the 500. which retails for 15 lakhs approx in India. The reason is that teh Bravo will be sold as a CBU and not manufactured here therefore prices should touch 20-25 lakhs at least.

Fiat is not looking for volumes for either of 500 or the Bravo but testing waters here. And in no way can the Bravo be priced at 6-8 lakhs with the Punto comign in (aroudn 4.5-6.5 lakhs) and Linea place therein higher - it just does not make sense. and even if it was manufactured here and priced around 11-13 lakhs - I don't think it would have had many takers in the Indian subcontinent - who are used to paying a premium to the Hondas and Toyotas and still dont consider Fiat upmarket. Bravo in the current reputation of Fiat in India cannot take the battle to the Civics and Camrys.

Well keeping my fingers crossed though. Bravo is a complete looker
Old 12th February 2009, 12:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Bravo is a car that competes with the likes of Civic, Golf, Megane etc in Europe. Expecting it to be priced around 6 -7 lacs will certainly cause disappointment if and when launched here with its true price. Its a car that is premium to Linea as well, probably in between Linea and Civic. Its the successor to Stilo if I am not wrong in Europe, but with an extended platform from Grande Punto, just like the Linea.
. And whoever posted that article in Zig Wheels might have been dreaming.. Irs really an impossible price to achieve even when it wud be manufactured locally as they say. Pricing of 10-15 lacs sounds more realistic.
Old 13th February 2009, 00:39   #87
BHPian

bravo at around 12-13lac on road and bang thats gonna be next set of wheels.
luv the bravo 1.9 multijet
Old 13th February 2009, 12:40   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
bravo at around 12-13lac on road and bang thats gonna be next set of wheels.
luv the bravo 1.9 multijet
IMHO the bravo sells at similar prices in the UK i.e. around 13-18K pounds..........if its bought to India via the CBU route expect prices to be in the range of 18-20 lakhs - if not more. Look at the pricing of the 500 for eg.

PS: The Bravo with its 1.9 TJD is a monster on the wheels with 150 bhp and 305 Nm torque. Even the 1.4 TJD develops some 90 bhp - so watch the revvs
Old 5th March 2009, 15:53   #89
BHPian

Drool stuff... the 1.9 MJD in the Bravo is now being replaced with the 2.0 MJD which develops 165bhp@4000, 360NM@1750

Fiat Bravo 1.9 MultiJet replaced with new 2.0 MultiJet

Incidentally, I got one of those ubiquitous email fowards with this stuff written:

" Thoroughly Italian in its looks and European in appeal, the Fiat Bravo was set to take CBU route into India and act as a brand builder for Fiat. After Fiat's major investments in its Ranjangaon facility, however, the Bravo will now be made in India - a fact that will bring down its prices and increase its chances of widespread success. Competing with the Fabia and bigger sedans, this fabulous hatch features brilliant interiors, lots of space and a powerful 1.9 litre multijet oilburner. If arriving in style is what you want, the Bravo will do it in spades in 2009."

Rumours, as usual?
Old 5th March 2009, 16:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Rumours, as usual?
Rumours.

I got it confirmed from none other than the CEO of Fiat India about a month back saying that Bravo will be a CBU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks