Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 14:04   #1
BHPian

Fiat Bravo next in line?

Is the Fiat Bravo next in line for launch? Take a look at this

Fiat India :: Showroom : Bravo
Old 14th February 2008, 14:20   #2
BHPian

Any idea when Bravo will be launched? Also what will be the price range?

Will there be a diesel version?

Cheers!!
Old 14th February 2008, 14:47   #3
BHPian

The web site has a different section for the future models and the Bravo is under current models! Is it already launched?
Old 14th February 2008, 14:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bravo, the Awesome hatch from Fiat is slated for launch in India this year, no idea when, but it will be available as CBU, with a price tag of 15 - 20 lakhs :((
Old 14th February 2008, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Bravo may be launched in April 2008 (source : DriveInside.com - Upcoming cars in India)
A 1.9L Multijet engine delivering 150 bhp & 305 nm torque. It is going to be above 16Lakhs, targeted to be in CRV segment.
Old 14th February 2008, 15:48   #6
BHPian

Both the bravo and the cinquecento which are featuring on the fiat india website are planned as CBU's. So, selling them in India will be technically that much easier. Of course convincing people to buy is a different matter altogether. So, it was easy for Fiat to put up these pages on their site.
Old 14th February 2008, 15:53   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Both the bravo and the cinquecento which are featuring on the fiat india website are planned as CBU's. So, selling them in India will be technically that much easier. Of course convincing people to buy is a different matter altogether. So, it was easy for Fiat to put up these pages on their site.
The Bravo can't sell as a CBU! Its price will go over 12 lakhs then.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it will sell for around that price. Fiat doesn't care about volumes but need to beef up their product portfolio.

I saw this car at the auto expo and man, that was love at first sight. Before that , I didnt care two hoots about some "bravo" from Fiat.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:09   #9
BHPian

I guess the only logic I can find to this strategy is that Fiat wants first of all to create an up market image for themselves. If they do not sell a single car, I am not sure the strategy will have worked, but Fiat has always had a strange approach to marketing. In this age of hard sell, they want the customer to come to them while they go on their siesta.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Bravo can't sell as a CBU! Its price will go over 12 lakhs then.
Fiat india already mentioned in news if i am right Bravo and fiat 500 sell as CBU and it will be 20 and 12 lakhs respectively.They are not looking for volume.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:19   #11
BHPian

But why the Bravo in the form of a CBU? why can't they produce the car in India itself like the GP, Linea, and the Palio Stile? or else they can bring the car in a semi knock down form and assemble it here, even that would help to bring the costs down, IMO.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

I do not agree with this strategy of Fiat. It is a good idea to bring 500 to India as CBU, but they should have gone that extra length and brought Bravo as CKD/SKD. That way, at least, they could have seen some sales. 500 has history to its credit, which the Bravo does not. There could be some people who might want to buy 500, but I really doubt whether anyone will buy Bravo at 20l, the engine specs not withstanding.

Poor strategy, I should say.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
they should have gone that extra length and brought Bravo as CKD/SKD.

Quote:
500 has history to its credit
In Europe. Over here it will be compared to the Swift and people will say why does the Fiat 500 cost 12 lacs and the Swift 6 lacs when they have the same 1.3 MJD engine?
Old 14th February 2008, 16:53   #14
OEM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I guess the only logic I can find to this strategy is that Fiat wants first of all to create an up market image for themselves. If they do not sell a single car, I am not sure the strategy will have worked, but Fiat has always had a strange approach to marketing. In this age of hard sell, they want the customer to come to them while they go on their siesta.
-------------------------------------------------
Hi prabuddhadg
And that strategy could sell!!!
Look at it this way. Why go the route of Maruti, one for everybody.
In a world of steretypes, when you keep your brands niche, it has shown to be a sensible marketing strategy and quite often, profitable. Remember last time around they tried to sell it to all and sundry. And the first thing that people complained in this country about FIAT was its FE. Coming at a time when FIAT is coming back from the ashes this might just be the way to go. As for the Bravo (priced in the range of 14-15 lakhs - TATA dealer response), it is standard marketing tactic to run teasers in the markets and guage the response before introducing the actual product. (The foolhardiness is when you run the dammed teaser for too long. People just get tired)
In the same breath, I only wish FIAT hastens the arrival of the GP and the Bruno.
That reminds me, where the hell is the Palio 1.3 MJD
I need to make a decision fast. Or FIAT is losing another customer. For ever.
Old 14th February 2008, 17:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Fiat doesn't care about volumes but need to beef up their product portfolio.
Really? A manufacturer not worrying about the numbers, how it could be?

Most Viewed