Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:30   #91
BHPian

If there are no Minis in India (and I've not seen any or heard of any) then there most certainly will be no takers for this offering. I'm guessing the same customs/tax markup would apply to both.

They will probably put one in each major Fiat showroom in an attempt to draw customers in, and then try and sell them a Palio.

C'mon Fiat. If you really believe the 500 is so great then make it here! There's a reason why Fiat chooses to sell a car especially designed for 3rd world nations in India (the Palio). And there's also a reason why Fiat isnt doing too well. And those reasons just might be connected.
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

TheEnd Bhai, I have seen a couple of MINI's in Bandra (Carter road, to be precise), 1 blue and one green. I am sure there would be some more across India. Even if Fiat can seel a handful of 500', it'll certainly give them an image boost.
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
If there are no Minis in India (and I've not seen any or heard of any) then there most certainly will be no takers for this offering. I'm guessing the same customs/tax markup would apply to both.

They will probably put one in each major Fiat showroom in an attempt to draw customers in, and then try and sell them a Palio.

C'mon Fiat. If you really believe the 500 is so great then make it here! There's a reason why Fiat chooses to sell a car especially designed for 3rd world nations in India (the Palio). And there's also a reason why Fiat isnt doing too well. And those reasons just might be connected.
Its already mentioned numerous times earlier in the thread, FIAT IS NOT LOOKING FOR VOLUMES in Fiat 500 or Bravo. Having said that, there will be people interested in buying Fiat 500. This is just a brand building (more like rebuilding) exercise before they launch other models. Come December, You will have award winning Linea and Grande Punto manufactured in India hitting the showrooms.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:04   #94
BHPian

i just cant see the point here going on and on about low sale about 500
i believe the those people know a little more than most guys who have posted here. also if the pricing bothers you so much just dont buy it no ones forcing u. the same goes with the brand image, there are people who dont mind that factor and are willing to spend their hard earned money for a fiat even today.fiat is infact loyal enough to these people they did start a new plant at ranjangaon with the help of tata after what happened at kurla, then the no there thrill seekers like most of us here thats why they brought back the beast 1.6 after more than 2 years of sabatical
lastly there are more clubs by and for fiats users than there are for any other manufacturer
Old 4th March 2008, 01:29   #95
BHPian

Fiat 500 - Better than the Mini 1 ??

Fifth gear thrashed the two cars on the track... and the Fiat 500 won.. comprehensively. Seems its more fun to drive around a track. The Mini 1 has a 1.6 L 90 odd bhp engine, while the 500 has the 1.4 L 100 bhp engine, the one which we might be able to see in future Fiats in India. Here's the video.

Old 4th March 2008, 08:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post

lucky ali has a mini, i think which was imported from NZ... personally, i would LOVE to have a 500 or preferably a mini in india- look at the traffic these days- a world class small car with a world class engine is just what the doctor ordered! sure beats having an NHC or even an octavia (if you are going to be using it alone). any idea on plans to launch the mini?
Old 8th April 2008, 17:03   #97
BHPian

Fiat Abarth

hey guys....i had been to london recently where i saw this car.

FIAT ABARTH...it was a older version...not the one which is released at the recent autoshow...

then browsed the net and found this picture of the latest gen model.

also i read in the car magazines that FIAT plans to launch ABARTH in india also...

does anyone know when is it gonna be launched and wht wud be the approx price

Old 8th April 2008, 17:05   #98
BHPian

a front angle pic

Old 8th April 2008, 18:10   #99
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I had seen a pic of a red Fiat 500 in a magazine.
It had MH reg.

Anyone seen it?
Old 8th April 2008, 18:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Are you talking about the Fiat 500 Abarth specifically?

There are going to be barely any takers for a Rs.12 lakh Fiat 500. How many people would buy a Rs.18-20 lakh Fiat 500 Abarth? Same goes for any Fiat Abarth model.
Old 8th April 2008, 19:29   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi @Honda_dude,

liked your signature very much...

BTW, of all the future Fiat's planned for India, I like the looks of Bravo - it seems they will sale Bravo as a pure import...
Old 8th April 2008, 19:59   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I had seen a pic of a red Fiat 500 in a magazine.
It had MH reg.

Anyone seen it?
its the same 500 which is part of Ferrari Magic Discover India Tour.

Fiat 500 in April 08 !!!-img_1715_2_1600.jpg

Fiat 500 in April 08 !!!-img_1723_1600.jpg

BTW i think this thread has to be in international automotive section..
Old 8th April 2008, 20:26   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
BTW i think this thread has to be in international automotive section..
Nope nope, its got everything indian about it.

I just hope this car isnt like the Motorola V3 razor, which came out at 50000 but dropped and stabilised around 14000 in a few months, hope the initial buyers dont experience something like that phenominal change in price.
But then, I'm soo hoping that it happens
Old 8th April 2008, 20:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

i for one wont be surprised if this car sells in decent numbers in cities like Delhi, Mumbai and bangalore.

the target audience would be fashionable (fashion conscious?) women who do not have a dearth of money and want something chic to drive. there are enough of those in these cities to do respectable numbers for fiat (say 1000 odd per year)- ONLY IF fiat gets its marketing spot on.

hell, even though I cannot aford to buy this car, i can just see my wife saying" if only this car was a bit cheaper, i would have bought it!!"

P.S. hope she is not reading this

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 8th April 2008 at 20:45.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
i for one wont be surprised if this car sells in decent numbers in cities like Delhi, Mumbai and bangalore.

the target audience would be fashionable (fashion conscious?) women who do not have a dearth of money and want something chic to drive. there are enough of those in these cities to do respectable numbers for fiat (say 1000 odd per year)- ONLY IF fiat gets its marketing spot on.

hell, even though I cannot aford to buy this car, i can just see my wife saying" if only this car was a bit cheaper, i would have bought it!!"

P.S. hope she is not reading this
yup, all they need to do is show a couple of celebrities moving around in one to establish it as a fashionable car. Maybe Saif can gift Kareena one or Salman can give Katrina one and have that story play a couple of times on Zoom. Im sure there would be a tonne of people wanting to drive this fashion accessory around.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks