Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 19:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

wow i just love the beast, its the real SUV and now it has the bells, whistles and the roar to make it SUPER DUPER!!

Yup rear disc and better ride would be in my wish list but its a truck at the end of the day, and thats why i love it!!
Old 19th February 2008, 20:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was going thru the BS motoring article

Drives - Dry humour - Business Standard Motoring

and was wondering the motive behind publishing a slushfest in February. Then I see this today, knowing who was the published winner of the comparo.

These days there's so many things behind the scenes rather than doing true justice to anything.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know Ford screens this forum, and really hope that they have sorted out the harsh ride. I repeat, that alone will be enough to have thrice as many Endeavour converts.

Any info on this, Starscream?
Sorry GTO, don't know about that. I just disseminated what I got - don't have any inside dope.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday I drove my best friend's recently acquired Endeavour 4x2 with the TDCi engine (not the 3.0). Here's my impression of the same:

1. Decent engine, not too noisy. Has decent pull from 2000rpm onwards. Didn't push it much as the truck just had 180-odd kms. on the ODO & I'm a stickler for running new engines in properly. Will update again later when I've really given it some stick later on its life.

2. Gearshift is ok, pretty smooth box but needs to be pushed with some effort & is not one of the better 'boxes around.

3. It's bloody massive but interior space is not great, rather average actually. We were 8 people travelling together & the 3 friends sitting in last row were subjected quite a bit of torture because of the floor being only 4-6inches lower than the seat! It is actually like sitting with you kness in your chest! No other description describes it better!!

Last edited by iraghava : 19th February 2008 at 20:57.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:58   #35
BHPian

At least the Endeavour now has the engine required for such a huge beast. I drove the earlier generation one from Delhi to Moradabad & trust me, it was a big pain to drive on the single road highway with its huge size & pony power.

But you guys will have to agree on one thing, nothing on the lower side of 20 lacs has the street image (read : BUTCH) of the Endeavour & it really helps to keep those messing auto's & others away from your vehicle lane.

But I do hope Ford has taken notice of customer complaints and tried to improve on that archaic rear suspension technology of theirs.
Old 20th February 2008, 01:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know Ford screens this forum, and really hope that they have sorted out the harsh ride. I repeat, that alone will be enough to have thrice as many Endeavour converts.
OT: I guess toyota doesnt read the forum. Where is the FORTUNER

It would probably kill the endeavour
Old 20th February 2008, 11:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Finally the right engine for the beast.
But still there are many issues to solve with Endy...
1. Leaf springs - you kidding me - this is 20 lakhs + on road and these things can create a really bouncy back when you are on bad roads.
2. Interior space sucks, what's the point of having such a huge exterior...
Old 20th February 2008, 14:29   #38
BHPian

I see so many complaints about the Endeavour here but still "The best cars on India roads" thread here in this forum has Endeavours mentioned many times on almost all the 35+ pages on that thread !!
Old 20th February 2008, 22:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
I see so many complaints about the Endeavour here but still "The best cars on India roads" thread here in this forum has Endeavours mentioned many times on almost all the 35+ pages on that thread !!

Hehehehe - just wait until the 160 bhp Tata Safari is launched with the upgraded 3.0 Dicor. And this isnt a rumour.
Old 20th February 2008, 22:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Hehehehe - just wait until the 160 bhp Tata Safari is launched with the upgraded 3.0 Dicor. And this isnt a rumour.
I had an interesting conversation with my friend in ERC a couple of weeks back. I was trying to get some gyaan from him on the New upcoming safari.

here is how the conversation went"

Me; Yaar, tell me what the new Safari will be like.

He: can't man....confidentiality.

Me: gimme something dude

he: well, teh base will be the 2.2 and also a new 3.0 with 150+ bhp and almost 400 NM of torque.

Me: but Styiling wise kaisi hogi...will it be like an Innova

he: all I can say is....tune nayi sumo Dekhi hai? if we can do that to an ugly b**ch like the Sumo, just imagine what the new Safari will look like.

and the conversation changed track from there....

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2008 at 11:44. Reason: Do NOT use abusive language, either directly or indirectly.
Old 20th February 2008, 22:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I had an interesting conversation with my friend in ERC a couple of weeks back. I was trying to get some gyaan from him on the New upcoming safari.

here is how the conversation went"

Me; Yaar, tell me what the new Safari will be like.

He: can't man....confidentiality.

Me: gimme something dude

he: well, teh base will be the 2.2 and also a new 3.0 with 150+ bhp and almost 400 NM of torque.

Me: but Styiling wise kaisi hogi...will it be like an Innova

he: all I can say is....tune nayi sumo Dekhi hai? if we can do that to an ugly b**ch like the Sumo, just imagine what the new Safari will look like.

bad timing. Time to start a new thread?

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2008 at 11:44. Reason: Editing quoted post
Old 20th February 2008, 22:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

No JK,

the new Safari is still at least 15-18 months away
Old 20th February 2008, 22:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

I seriously hope that the new safari isn't anything like the crossover spy pics that were posted sometime back.

Last edited by hondadude : 20th February 2008 at 22:58.
Old 20th February 2008, 23:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
160ps/385nm WOW.(more for load lugging capabilities pickup trucks)

Seems like the new 3 ltr is going to sport chain driven self adjusting dohc engine and hydraulic tappets (again self adjusting). Tata seems to be learning very fast from fiat(but 2.2 rules the roost anyday)

It would be interesting to watch both SUVS development cheers:
Old 21st February 2008, 00:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Not sure what FORD is trying to do with this "new " endeavour...

after all who asked for a new 3 lit engine ? when the 2.5 TDCI was fine as far as performance goes..

without addressing the comfort aspect, FORD isnt going to sell any more/less of endeavours than they do now...

i dont think anybody buys the endy for anything other than the BUTCH LOOKS...

if i want a 4*4 action i have cheaper and MORE comfortable options

if i want a SUV with good comfort in city there are better brands/options..

the Captiva i think is still a good proposition with the diesel engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed