Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 23:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

rhino dealerships all over the nation

rhino has atlast started to venture out to the whole nation.we have almost 4 dealers for rhino in kerela now and spanking new dealer facility provided looks promising.agressive test drive campaigns are on to lure the qualis fans back to a product which looks similar to a modded qualis.
as no prior expierience on the product is it a reliable option for prospective suv buyers.

ram
Old 20th February 2008, 00:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

One thing, people who loved the Qualis, did not do so because of its looks but because of its reliability refinement and durability that it proved, it was given an apt name for laying stress on the quality.

As much as we hated it, we know it had bulletproof reliability.

In that aspect Rhino would have its work cut out, unless there was a mouthwatering price proposition.

Last edited by 1100D : 20th February 2008 at 00:46.
Old 20th February 2008, 01:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Qualis was a good solid reliable workhorse.
Old 20th February 2008, 01:03   #4
BANNED

We have to yet see some of these so called Rhinos doing some really good job on the roads. I am going for a test drive soon.
But from the initial touch and feel I got from the showroom guys made me sure that this cannot be easily a Qualis clone!
Old 20th February 2008, 01:12   #5
BHPian

I'd seen one in delhi in jan....and instantaneously commented that is was weird looking qualis, the taxi driver then told that it was infact a Rhino and also said that they dont prefer that coz they cant find the spares everywhere...in case the car breaks down....apparently they find Indicab spares everywhere...But otherwise the car is good apparently..He said.
Old 20th February 2008, 07:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

here are the pics.. i took when i went to the showroom . Not much to say about.

Sorry about the picture quality.. I took it in my W810i in a hurry as they were about to close the showroom .
This is the Deluxe version as the consultant said and it will cost 8.3L OTR Erode
Old 20th February 2008, 09:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing a vehicle similar to qualis daily in bangalore near indira nagar.. was wondering which car is it.

it was green color, too similar to qualis.

and the logo, more like ^ this symbol.

So these cars are already on road or just test vehicles
Old 20th February 2008, 09:48   #8
BHPian

Rhino has been on the Delhi roads for past few months. I have seen more then 10 of them.

Though I have yet to take a close look at them, the build quality doesn't really look solid.
Old 20th February 2008, 09:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

yes thats the emblem almost like an M.but the one thing i hated was below the emblem its written sonalika.of course they are the promoters and its the parent company,but down south no one is aware of sonalika tractors and i doubt the chances for brand equity here.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 10:40   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
One thing, people who loved the Qualis, did not do so because of its looks but because of its reliability refinement and durability that it proved, it was given an apt name for laying stress on the quality.

As much as we hated it, we know it had bulletproof reliability.
Hit the nail right on the head! Here is an earlier post of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Ram

Anyone who looks at the Rhino from the side will know what its purpose is = To fill the void left by the Qualis. It looks almost identical in the side profile!! But why really did the Qualis succeed? It was, and looked, outdated. People picked up the Qualis purely for function......powerful brand, indisputed reliability, long-term service and practicality. It had none of the niggling problems of its Indian competitors (overheating etc.) and nor their nasty surprises (bad brakes, unpredictable handling etc.).

I dont know how Sonalika intends to fill in the Qualis gap since it cant really boast of Toyota's brand value, reliability or practicality. The only press coverage I have seen so far of the Rhino has been "paid and special-feature" test-drives in the Autocars and Overdrives of the world. And at Rs. 7 lac prices, we already have proven and well-engineered products like the Tavera.

Do your research carefully. Understand the pro's and con's of the product versus its competition. And the manufacturers strategy (short & long-term). IMHO, the Rhino can sell only on price.....and even there, it has the Sumo & Bolero to contend with.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey i dint see your post gto and i want the members opinion on the product and the strategy they are following in different cities.in kerela they came out with a small 60 cc advt on the launch of the rhino and a few people know about the dealership.but the facility is huge.
this product was launched first in north for almost a year now and the feed back can come from some one there on the performance factors.
the quality of the product seems to be pretty ok.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 10:56   #12
Team-BHP Support

With the Sumo Grande 2.2 DiCOR coming, the Rhino has its work out out. Seriously! The Tavera did a fair job of filling the vacuum created by the demise of the Qualis. Now, however, I think even its time is up.
The Innova is in a different league altogether.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:13   #13
BHPian

Specs.. from Carwale.com

ICML RHINO S2
Engine:2000cc, 4-cylinder, inline four turbocharged intercooled
Bore x Stroke: 84 x 90 mm
Compression Ratio: 21:01
Max Power: 75 PS @ 4200rpm
Max Torque: 152Nm @ 2500rpm
Transmission: Five-speed manual
Suspension:Independent double wishbone (Front), Semi Elliptical Leaf Spring (Rear)
Tyres: 205/65 R15
LxWxH: 4440x1645x1885mm
Ground Clearance: 170mm
Min Turning Radius: 5.6m
Kerb Weight: 1603 kgs
Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
Price (as tested, OTR Punjab): Rs 5,90,000

for more...
ICML Rhino S2 - Wild Wild Rhino | First Drives - CarWale.com India
Old 20th February 2008, 11:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

the only feed back i got regarding rhino is the mileage-18-20 kmpl.isnt that good for a suv of that size.the car i saw was looking pretty good regarding the quality and paint job.
the one factor they really miss is proper advt strategy.sumo grande would be costlier than the rhino and if the initial customer feedback is good then it stands a chance for a tough competition.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 17:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

i saw this rhino.. although it was a different front styled.. probably the orignal one.. read somewhere on this site that the current one .. maybe pictured in ths thread is already a facelift.

the one i saw was a popular car bazaar in mumbai.. some months ago

i feel that if this product is advertised properly.. it may sell good..

Most Viewed