Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 23:01   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I would choose Fiesta over SX4 - I would say SX4 is a 4 seater car not 5 - Ppl sitting in the back feel that they are seated in the second floor

Fiesta is always fun to drive car than SX4 - i strongly believe that SX4 is made to price under 8L - lacks build quality

The only adv. in SX4 is its Ground Clearance - which is very low in case of Fiesta.

Ford has localized most of its Fiesta parts. So, maintenance will not eat your pocket.
Most of the parts of Fiesta are from Fusion and they manufacture the car in chennai plant. So the maintanance cost must be less for the fiesta. I didnt know they were importing parts for fiesta, did they??

Also ford has a sister concern called Visteon near their plant in chennai where they localize some of the expensive components used like the Bosch engine ECU and the electrical GEM to bring the costs down.
Old 26th February 2008, 02:21   #152
BHPian

Hey guys! I would like to mention one more feature in Fiesta which i am not sure if SX4 has. Again i am saying i am not sure if SX4 has it or not. I read it in the owner's manual of Fiesta that when the vehicle meets with an accident the engine gets switched off automatically as the flow of petrol to engine is cut off. And to get the engine running again there is a switch given near the glovebox which needs to be turned on to switch on the engine again.

Isnt this a good safety feature? I have one more good news for all Ford Fiesta owners. Fiesta used to have only 1 year warranty. But i got a call and a letter from Ford confirming the warranty period has been extended to 2 years or 40k KMS.
Old 26th February 2008, 10:12   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey guys! I would like to mention one more feature in Fiesta which i am not sure if SX4 has. Again i am saying i am not sure if SX4 has it or not. I read it in the owner's manual of Fiesta that when the vehicle meets with an accident the engine gets switched off automatically as the flow of petrol to engine is cut off. And to get the engine running again there is a switch given near the glovebox which needs to be turned on to switch on the engine again.
Also present on the Ikon.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:37   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Also present on the Ikon.

And also on the Petra.
Old 26th February 2008, 12:25   #155
BHPian

Hi Torque123,

Did you get a letter for free second year warranty included? I bought the Fiesta on sept 2007 and I paid for the 2nd year extented warranty. I dont know whether now they'll refund the money I paid for the same. Can you pls clarify the letter from ford.

Quote:

Isnt this a good safety feature? I have one more good news for all Ford Fiesta owners. Fiesta used to have only 1 year warranty. But i got a call and a letter from Ford confirming the warranty period has been extended to 2 years or 40k KMS.
Old 26th February 2008, 15:33   #156
BANNED

Although most of TBHPians support Fiesta Sxi, it's sales are still pathetic !

Old 26th February 2008, 15:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Although most of TBHPians support Fiesta Sxi, it's sales are still pathetic !
Not really, check the Jan'2008 figures:

Source: vasudeva - DOMESTIC SALES
Quote:
SX4+Esteem------2,939
Fiesta--------------2,047*
Old 26th February 2008, 16:26   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not really, check the Jan'2008 figures:

Source: vasudeva - DOMESTIC SALES
But, the major part is Fiesta Diesel and not 1.6 !
Old 26th February 2008, 16:36   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
But, the major part is Fiesta Diesel and not 1.6 !
The SX4 does not have a diesel. If it had a diesel version, then it would be really interesting to look at the sales figures. I'm sure it will be the same case as the Fiesta, diesels outselling petrols by a fair margin.
Old 28th February 2008, 03:46   #160
BHPian

Hi SRINIVASr79,

I will post the details once i get the actual 2nd year warranty manual from the the dealer this week end. I have now got a letter stating that i am eligible for 2nd year warranty (factory warranty at no extra cost) and to collect the actual 2nd year warranty manual for the same i need to take this letter and the RC book along with me.
Old 28th February 2008, 07:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

the sx4 imo will definately have higher sales figures just for the sake of it being a maruti the brand, the huge number of service centers spread all over the country, cheaper spares and availability.
and not to forget the ground clearance and the huge tyres on alloys!
Old 28th February 2008, 11:45   #162
BHPian

Hi Torque123,

Can you pls tell when did you take delivery of your car? Is it a 2007 or 2008 model.

Thanks
Srini

Quote:
Hi SRINIVASr79,

I will post the details once i get the actual 2nd year warranty manual from the the dealer this week end. I have now got a letter stating that i am eligible for 2nd year warranty (factory warranty at no extra cost) and to collect the actual 2nd year warranty manual for the same i need to take this letter and the RC book along with me.
Old 29th February 2008, 01:35   #163
BHPian

Hi SRINIVASr79,

I took the delivery of the car in the last week of Jan 2008. It is a 2008 model.
Old 29th February 2008, 08:39   #164
Team-BHP Support

Anybody else has the opinion that fiesta is too small for its segment?

Was watching an SX4/City/fiesta together and fiesta seemed a whole segment down compared to the other two!
Old 29th February 2008, 08:48   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anybody else has the opinion that fiesta is too small for its segment?

Was watching an SX4/City/fiesta together and fiesta seemed a whole segment down compared to the other two!
It might look small but it sure does packs a punch and is a boon in city

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks