Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 10:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
One problem with Ford is its A.S.S, which often leaves its customers unhappy. Whilst Maruti's service is not all that its made out to be, its still light years ahead of Ford.

Also, we seem to be forgetting the market leader in the price category - the NHC.
that is better forgotten if ur talking A.S.S. here..!!!

im a honda owner and am contemplating floating a non profit organisation called - " I TOO GOT TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY HONDA DEALER PRIVATE LIMITED "
Old 21st February 2008, 10:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think if the pricing mentioned above is correct , i would go for the FIESTA -

i really dont like the FIESTA looks but then i HATE the SX4 looks also...except from front on, the SX4 is ugly from every other angle...
FIESTA on the otherhand i have noticed does not evoke any negative emotions atleast...and with good wheels and tires it should look fine..

fun to drive - i guess there is no argument here that its FIESTA
kit - now with this new version FIESTA seems to win
mileage - not sure but many seem to say its on par - it doesnt matter - if ur buying a car for driving pleasure - 2-3 kmpl here or there makes no difference. if u want mileage go buy a NANO
in the rare event that u have a driver for THIS car (!!) , then rear seat comfort is on par in both cars..

so its clearly FIESTA
Old 21st February 2008, 10:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Fiesta doesn't come with alloy wheels. So if you buy Fiesta and upgrade alloy with better tires, the onroad price will go above SX4.

SX4 come fully loaded and only thing that you might upgrade is the seat covers and speakers (if needed).

In addition to this SX4 has better GC, FE, Auto AC, Glass Antenna, Steering mounted audio controls and Passenger Airbag.

I don't understand the Ford's logic of giving Airbag only to the driver. If anyone buys the car to used with a driver, then the safety of airbag is not there for the car owner.

Since this thread is about value for money, SX4 still wins over Fiesta.
good point kumar - on the alloys bit. if thats the case the on road price differs. but does the standard ZXI have ORVM, 6 CD changer, leather seat covers - i thought even leather seats is an optional item in ZXI and not standard...

on the airbags point - atleast they are offering on driver side - if owner is a back seat passenger- air bag or no airbag makes not much of a difference - and tell me which car offers rear airbags anywhere less than 20 lakhs ( correct me if im wrong )

lastly the typicaly owner of SXI 1.6 would be owner - who else would want to buy a 1.6 ?
Old 21st February 2008, 10:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
One problem with Ford is its A.S.S, which often leaves its customers unhappy. Whilst Maruti's service is not all that its made out to be, its still light years ahead of Ford.
This is the bottom line for a lot of people like myself.
I believe that a good number of people look BEYOND the initial package and decide to go in for a Maruti. If you factor in the convenience of the Maruti Authorized Service Centres, Ford cannot dream of catching up.
Old 21st February 2008, 10:27   #65
BHPian

How much does the Fiesta-D cost there ?

Fiesta D costs about 9.15 lakhs
Old 21st February 2008, 11:19   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I would still choose the SX4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Given a choice between these two cars, I would choose the Fiesta over SX4.
Nice battle for the 2nd place .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Comments are welcome.....
Old 21st February 2008, 13:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Maybe these 2 cars come in at 2nd place as far as sales go, but when it comes to the value they provide (especially if you take in the value of human life, provided by the safety features in these cars), they are much, much ahead of the car that happens to be first in the sales charts.
Old 21st February 2008, 13:17   #68
BHPian

If some one gives me to drive for free or if i have to hire a vehicle then it would buy FORD fiesta but if i have to put my own money Then it will surely be SX4

Cant take the bad resale ford has to offer with all added problems of owning a ford ( if i have to take a resale hit then i will only a be lancer cedia at least i ll have a time of my life again with bullet proof reliability )

Last edited by rubin2006 : 21st February 2008 at 13:21.
Old 21st February 2008, 13:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think if the pricing mentioned above is correct , i would go for the FIESTA -

mileage - not sure but many seem to say its on par - it doesnt matter - if ur buying a car for driving pleasure - 2-3 kmpl here or there makes no difference. if u want mileage go buy a NANO

so its clearly FIESTA
I think you are under a mistaken impression that the mileage of a Fiesta 1.6 is less than an sx4. The reverse acutally holds true. Users of sx4 in many forums have reported agonizingly low mileage of 8-9 in city driving, and some have blamed the climate control for this low mileage. Most of the sx4 owners who reported 10 -11 as city mileage were from cities like Delhi, travelling to Gurgaon, and qualifying such trips as 'city' drives.
Old 21st February 2008, 14:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think you are under a mistaken impression that the mileage of a Fiesta 1.6 is less than an sx4. The reverse acutally holds true. Users of sx4 in many forums have reported agonizingly low mileage of 8-9 in city driving, and some have blamed the climate control for this low mileage. Most of the sx4 owners who reported 10 -11 as city mileage were from cities like Delhi, travelling to Gurgaon, and qualifying such trips as 'city' drives.
And agree or not, you really don't like to visit fuel pump so often, do you. It is such great feeling to visit the fuel bunks so rarely. Ask diesel car owners, they never crib for the extra money they paid for the car over the petrol version. Because, when you save on fuel, you feel you are really saving. Feels nice as well.
Fiesta wins.
Old 21st February 2008, 14:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
If some one gives me to drive for free or if i have to hire a vehicle then it would buy FORD fiesta but if i have to put my own money Then it will surely be SX4
Well said rubin, even i too like fiesta, it's a dream to drive vehicle. I did test drive on fiesta and SX4.
OT, Why Aveo is missing from the list? Aveo LT is having almost same features and in same price range. Only question will be GM's service back up.
Old 21st February 2008, 14:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am a proud owner of a Fiesta 1.6 sxi since March, 2007. I have no regrets about not waiting for a couple of months more for an SX4.
I rate Fiesta better because of:-
5. Can seat 3 people in the rear better than an sX4
Really? I sat inside both Fiesta & SX4 and I believe SX4 is much larger.

I would vote for SX4. Fiesta is a little too small for a 8L car.
Old 21st February 2008, 15:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Really? I sat inside both Fiesta & SX4 and I believe SX4 is much larger.

I would vote for SX4. Fiesta is a little too small for a 8L car.
Looking larger doesnt mean its large enough to accomodate 3! I think you should try to seat 3 people in the rear seat and write a review.

I am sure you will end up rubbing shoulder
Old 21st February 2008, 15:29   #74
BHPian

The reason why vnabhi said this( Can seat 3 people in the rear better than an sX4) i think is because of the lump like thing which protrudes in the middle of the back seat of the SX4 and it is really uncomfortable

Last edited by yogi1771 : 21st February 2008 at 15:31.
Old 21st February 2008, 15:38   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
The reason why vnabhi said this( Can seat 3 people in the rear better than an sX4) i think is because of the lump like thing which protrudes in the middle of the back seat of the SX4 and it is really uncomfortable
i've had the experience of sitting in that seat. the retracted armrest creates a hump, causing for a fair degree of discomfort.

also, due to the sloping roof, sitting close to the window for a tall person is uncomfortable

Last edited by jaibir : 21st February 2008 at 15:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks