Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
to give an idea about how FE changes between Chennai and Gurgaon, my OHC with a FFE used to give 7-8kmpl in chennai and i get 11kmpl in gurgaon
yeah, that was my whole point.
Anyway, looks like it is a double whammy for you - you get 3kmpl more there and to top it, fuel is cheaper there.
Not that this compensates for being away from Namma Chennai.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Heh you Chennai annas should stop cribbing. Just look at our state in Bangalore... worst roads in the country, terrible traffic snarls, highest cost of petrol and to top it off highest road tax
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:41   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
wow ! this is becoming a proper FIESTA 1.6 VS SX4 thread !
why not throw in a poll and see where the numbers are ?
Dont even bother, buddy.
We would have responses like, "I love the Fiesta, but i would buy the SX4 anyway". Too cliched now. Replace the Fiesta with any other car, and the answer would pretty much the same,
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:41   #109
Senior - BHPian

Who cares what people says.. its your car and as long as you enjoy a good rapport with the dealer/workshop, that is what all that matters.. And I will also say this.. once one buys a particular car after much dilemma, one tend to make a point to cast "my" car/service to be superior than "yours".. a typical trait to re-assure oneself that they have taken right decision..

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If people like you were willing to try out the same, you could have also joined the list of satisfied Ford owners. Time and time again, i have gone on and said about how my dealer has been providing me with excellent service, but when people flatly refuse to even acknowledge the same, one gives up.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:47   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Who cares what people says.. its your car and as long as you enjoy a good rapport with the dealer/workshop, that is what all that matters.. And I will also say this.. once one buys a particular car after much dilemma, one tend to make a point to cast "my" car/service to be superior than "yours".. a typical trait to re-assure oneself that they have taken right decision..
Lol, I couldn't have put it better myself
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
IMO safety features are secondary. They are only backups when the car fails to save you out of a tight situation. ABS is an exception which helps in getting out of tight situations. A good stable var will not give a chance to the safety devices most of the times when it's at the hands of a sensible driver.
Is that the reason why airbag was not available in earlier Fiesta? And if you can bet/trust on the car design and stability so much, why put ABS/Airbags at all? Just a thought...

Quote:
So one Fiesta owner has come vouching for it's stability under braking. Can any SX4 users share such experience?.
I don't doubt about Fiesta handling and stability. They are one of Fiesta great points. Handling on SX4 is at par (if not better). I would rate the braking in SX4 better then Fiesta or to any other C-segment cars. The car stopped reassuringly at that exact point of braking and little or no slippery. Fiesta has better stability at high speed, though I find it OK too on SX4.

Quote:
By the way I have a small doubt. Does the SX4 have Distance to Empty meter and driver seat height adjust???
Distance to empty meter?? Do you mean the fuel gauge? Yes, driver seat height adjustment is there, as do, height adjustable steering.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
wow ! this is becoming a proper FIESTA 1.6 VS SX4 thread !
why not throw in a poll and see where the numbers are ?
LOL.. well, one can easily pinpoint from the very onset the thread was conceived, that its going to be a debate between SX4 zxi and Fiesta 1.6.. Both are equally capable cars and it would be a very hard comparision because, what one car lacks, it make it up with something other ..
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:02   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Dont even bother, buddy.
We would have responses like, "I love the Fiesta, but i would buy the SX4 anyway". Too cliched now. Replace the Fiesta with any other car, and the answer would pretty much the same,
I second that.. If I have to buy a car at this point, then its going to be a Fiesta 1.6 or Cedia as I am already getting bored with my SX4.. Wish, I could change car every six months..
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:02   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Distance to empty meter?? Do you mean the fuel gauge?
No, the DTE tells you how many more Kms the fuel in your tank will take you. Its a digital reading on the information panel containing the odo & trip readings
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:07   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure you meant that! Do make an earnest measurement of both cars and only then conlude, if Fiesta is more spacious then SX4. And honestly, the middle seat issue is no big deal if one put customized seat covers to balance out the lump. And I won't be surprised if you say Fiesta has more leg rooms..
Sure I'm sure. That is the impression I got when I sat in the rear of an SX4. I am 5'11" tall, and my head almost touched the roof. But I have not gone measured with a tape. As regards leg room, it is you who is putting words in my mouth. Actually I am not sure because it depends on how much the driver's seat is pushed back. I did not feel it worthwhile to measure that aspect, as I was put off by the lack of headroom, and the protruding arm rest in the middle.
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:10   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
No, the DTE tells you how many more Kms the fuel in your tank will take you. Its a digital reading on the information panel containing the odo & trip readings
No, that is not there.. I didn't know that Fiesta come with that.. One question though, how precise is the reading?
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:11   #117
BANNED

My 2 cents:
  1. Turning radius of SX4 is huge compared to Fiesta. Fiesta wins here.
  2. Aveo 1.6 has comparable specs but missing in action here. This is due to low perception of GM cars in India.
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sure I'm sure. That is the impression I got when I sat in the rear of an SX4. I am 5'11" tall, and my head almost touched the roof. But I have not gone measured with a tape. As regards leg room, it is you who is putting words in my mouth. Actually I am not sure because it depends on how much the driver's seat is pushed back. I did not feel it worthwhile to measure that aspect, as I was put off by the lack of headroom, and the protruding arm rest in the middle.
OK. well, One can't conclude by the feeling factor alone.. But don't you feel that same feeling when you sit in the rear of Fiesta? IMO, Fiesta is actually very compact, and interior space is something which Fiesta does not enjoy over other competitors.. But as long as you are happy with it, that's all it matters
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
My 2 cents:
  1. Turning radius of SX4 is huge compared to Fiesta. Fiesta wins here.
That's one of my biggest grudge with SX4.. I have to steer the car to the extreme left of the road to complete the turning radius.. Sometime, it just don't make it.. so had to reverse and then proceed
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:31   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, that is not there.. I didn't know that Fiesta come with that.. One question though, how precise is the reading?
Well, I've found mine to be pretty accurate, has never let us down so far. It ties up with the mileage that we get on every tankful. But I have read a couple of cases here & there where people have cribbed. My brother had an issue in his 1.6 & they replaced it under warranty.

Most Viewed