Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
No, that is not there.. I didn't know that Fiesta come with that.. One question though, how precise is the reading?
Mine works pretty good. I relied on it heavily during my Srisailam trip, as I did not want to fill up lousy fuel there. You can read my travelogue for details.
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:47   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well, I've found mine to be pretty accurate, has never let us down so far. It ties up with the mileage that we get on every tankful. But I have read a couple of cases here & there where people have cribbed. My brother had an issue in his 1.6 & they replaced it under warranty.

It is quite accurate. And it always keeps showing the numbers you love. It hardly seems to change!!!

Always thinking that you can easily goto Mysore or Ooty right away....
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's one of my biggest grudge with SX4.. I have to steer the car to the extreme left of the road to complete the turning radius.. Sometime, it just don't make it.. so had to reverse and then proceed
That's because it shows its SUV roots there....remember where it came from
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Dont even bother, buddy.
We would have responses like, "I love the Fiesta, but i would buy the SX4 anyway". Too cliched now. Replace the Fiesta with any other car, and the answer would pretty much the same,
Very True!
Replace Fiesta with Palio and SX4 with Swift, you will get the same old response here!
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:10   #125
BHPian

One question on the CD player in Fiesta. I know it doesn't play mp3, but I don't use CDs much and I'll use mostly iPod to play songs.

Does the CD player provided in Fiesta have an Aux input to connect iPod? Can any Fiesta owners confirm please?

I'm planning to buy a sedan in April when I get back to Bangalore. Just confused between Fiesta 1.6 SXI and SX4. Still I've 2 months time to make up my mind.
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:20   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
One question on the CD player in Fiesta. I know it doesn't play mp3, but I don't use CDs much and I'll use mostly iPod to play songs.

Does the CD player provided in Fiesta have an Aux input to connect iPod? Can any Fiesta owners confirm please?

I'm planning to buy a sedan in April when I get back to Bangalore. Just confused between Fiesta 1.6 SXI and SX4. Still I've 2 months time to make up my mind.
Sorry buddy, it doesn't. The only recourse you have is an FM modulator. I am planning to go for one. I also read in this forum that the aux in can be connected to the AM input of the ICE, but since my car is under warranty, I have not tried this so far.
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:32   #127
Senior - BHPian

About the 6 CD changer playing MP3, it would be a good idea to check with the dealers about the current one, they may have fixed it. If they've introduced this in the Endeavour which used to run with archaic audio equipment, I would think they've fixed it on the current Fiesta - do check this out.

The earlier ones do not.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:35   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Aveo 1.6 has comparable specs but missing in action here. This is due to low perception of GM cars in India.
Your answer in bold below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
hey suman thanks for the nice comment... well having been working with the GM back in India (Chevrolet) and in UK (Vauxhall)..... i have really grown to liking the company and especially the brand chevrolet...... yes i do own an SX4 is india ...... over all the product impressed me more than any chevrolet product and even the Fiesta..... so bought the product on the basis of reasoning and not just personal attachment to a brand....
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:10   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Turning radius of SX4 is huge compared to Fiesta. Fiesta wins here.
The huge turning radius can be attributed to the wide 205s on 16 inchers!!
Old 23rd February 2008, 04:08   #130
BHPian

I would go for Fiesta than SX4. Fiesta is VFM. The interiors of SX4 looks very cheap, even the exterior of Fiesta is any day better than SX4, in terms of power the fiesta 1.6 will easily leave the SX4 behind (had a real experience). I have had no issues with the service quality of FORD. The only positive side that i see for SX4 is that it is from Maruti stable and this helps in getting more a.s.s and lower maintenance cost.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:52   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Is that the reason why airbag was not available in earlier Fiesta? And if you can bet/trust on the car design and stability so much, why put ABS/Airbags at all? Just a thought...

I don't doubt about Fiesta handling and stability. They are one of Fiesta great points. Handling on SX4 is at par (if not better). I would rate the braking in SX4 better then Fiesta or to any other C-segment cars. The car stopped reassuringly at that exact point of braking and little or no slippery. Fiesta has better stability at high speed, though I find it OK too on SX4.
Hehe.. That's why I said MOST of the times they are not required(By not required I meant it will not be used and I did not mean it should not be present in the car, if you have understood my statement wrongly). No one's going to keep banging their cars to use these features, and I have excluded the ABS from the list because it will help you avert a collision. Airbags come into picture only when a collision takes place, which if a car is good enough and coupled with a good driver will almost minimize it's usage to Zero. It is the absolute last resot when everything else fails to save.

With bigger shoes, which means bigger discs and drums(correct me if i'm wrong) braking should be much better than fiesta, but I guess the high CG might hamper it a little bit.

OT: I was wondering if the airbags will be covered by insurance or will we have to pay to get it replaced in the event of an accident??
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:25   #132
Senior - BHPian

I somehow have not seen many SX4 s on road in my City. I guess its doing better in North than in South. The price of SX4 is attractive but the interior quality is very disappointing. A consumer shelling out 7-8 lacs will surely look at the interior quality. Fiesta is way better in the quality of interiors. But Ford s service is one big question mark .
Old 23rd February 2008, 17:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
As per this link (BSM), the SX4 would beat the Fiesta in a drag. And the other link (ACI) says Fiesta is faster to the ton. Hmm.
What is the kerb weight of these 2 cars ?
Old 23rd February 2008, 18:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
... No one's going to keep banging their cars to use these features... Airbags come into picture only when a collision takes place, which if a car is good enough and coupled with a good driver will almost minimize it's usage to Zero. It is the absolute last resot when everything else fails to save...
Your presumption might be right to some extent from the point of a good driver/good 'enough' car factor! But most accidents happen when you and your car is being hit/crashed by other vehicle.. so, just being an exceptional good driver or good car does not come into play in such situation.. but airbag will
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
As per this link (BSM), the SX4 would beat the Fiesta in a drag. And the other link (ACI) says Fiesta is faster to the ton. Hmm.
What is the kerb weight of these 2 cars ?
the mid-range torque/power specially between 2500 and 4000 rpm provides whistling drive in SX4..so on a drag, it is faster unbelievably

Kerb weight
SX4 ZXI - 1200 kg
Fiesta 1.6 SXI - 1130 kg

Last edited by iTNerd : 23rd February 2008 at 19:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks