Team-BHP - New Safari soon?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Safari soon? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35899-new-safari-soon.html)

We have been seeing new pix of the next upgrade that may be for the almost new 2.2L Safari. There is also a rumor regarding an engine upgrade to 160Bhp.

With the launch of the Grande, I was wondering if its better to wait and get the new Safari we seen in pix or just go ahead and get the one we have now.

Maybe this is indeed the new Safari but since the 2.2L was released recently I guess the next one may be launched only after an year atleast.

Maybe this is for the European market as the interior looks great.

And what will be the expected price for the next gen one?

It will be highly optimistic to expect a new Safari in the Indian markets so soon. I don't think TATA will make that move. Maybe the new Safari with 160bhp engine is for release in the European markets.

OT: Jyoti, I assume you are planning a Safari. My advice would be to go for the current 2.2. If you wait for the 160bhp, your waiting will be atleast 2 years :D

This is a work of art by some rumour mongrels, showcasing TATA Safari 2.2 exteriors and some other left hand drive vehicle interiors, doesnt even match the TATA logo on the steering wheel and wheel cover.

I expect the new Safari no earlier than 2010.

I was thinking that TATA would atleast come out with new interiors after the launch of Grande.

Yes it would be great if the new safari (160bhp :eek: ) would be in india before 2 years, a fellow bhpian from bangy & me are desparate for it.

Aren't those the interior pictures of the 2008 Mercury Mariner? Maybe they were using the pics for testing the layout of the website.

2008 Mercury Mariner - Interior Photo Gallery

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdfreak (Post 731768)
Aren't those the interior pictures of the 2008 Mercury Mariner? Maybe they were using the pics for testing the layout of the website.

Great find. clap:

Jyoti, forget about the 160bhp for 2-3 years atleast.

that gear lever looked hefty and great.jk please dont waste 2 yrs waiting for a model buddie,make up your mind soon ar else you would be the wk das.ram

will it be affecting your purchase :D

Those interior pics are from the Mercury Mariner - the upmarket version of the Ford Escape crossover not tata safari. This thread needs to be trashed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdfreak (Post 731768)

Exactly, that's a mercury logo on the steering.

Sorry JK, this thread was started with wrong or misleading data, not to mention heart-breaking to new 2.2L safari buyers. I have to close this thread.