Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 18:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Funny Incident pursuing a used Sports car!

This is what happens when riches goes into your head.
I wonder how these people's wives tolerate them.

And I wonder how you tolerated such a moron!

Anyway this man deserves this:
Old 6th November 2014, 09:10   #47
Team-BHP Support

I had a similar experience here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...html#post29414
Old 6th November 2014, 11:59   #48
BHPian

Interesting conversation, but, wish it had gone on a little longer. He could be a "born with a silver spoon" type, and seems to have difficulty in comprehending that the working class may have aspirations (Just come to my office on your hero-honda splendor, do your work and get lost). I say silver spoon, because a self-made guy is unlikely to have such attitude.

Sometimes, I look at classifieds and wonder if some people even think about an asking price. Guess, it is the attachment to one's things that makes them appear more valuable to oneself then they are to others.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Hurting your sentiments and morality!!

Not done my friend. Best avoided, such sort of shady people.
You show interest in an uncommon vehicle and are treated such.

What is is fun part? Sort of really annoyed me looking at the conversation and would have given him an earful had I been in your place.
If, he was thinking of hurting my sentiments & morality he failed quite miserably. I could have given him an Ear full but I realized why waste time even talking to him further, his behavior was sign of his illiteracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
He saved you an unnecessary trip to Mumbai. I cannot imagine someone who talks like this to actually pay the duties or abide by the rules promptly.

However, you could have easily irritated him as well by continuing the conversation and teasing him. Would have loved a longer transcript.
I agree with you Zenren, I saved Time, effort and money and maybe a lot of headache which was coming my way in form of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I doubt if he even had the car with him. Sounds like someone just wanted to waste time.
And even if he really had the car, you think such an owner would treat the car properly?
Thank your lucky stars that you didn't end up buying this car and dealing with such a stuck up no good owner.
I am sure he had the car but only he would know the real secrets which came hidden with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
This is what happens when riches goes into your head.
I wonder how these people's wives tolerate them.

And I wonder how you tolerated such a moron!

Anyway this man deserves this:
There wives would also start behaving like them after a few years of stay with these kind of "GENTLEMAN" , don't you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Wow, and you did not give him any kind of verbal in return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Interesting conversation, but, wish it had gone on a little longer. He could be a "born with a silver spoon" type, and seems to have difficulty in comprehending that the working class may have aspirations (Just come to my office on your hero-honda splendor, do your work and get lost). I say silver spoon, because a self-made guy is unlikely to have such attitude.

Sometimes, I look at classifieds and wonder if some people even think about an asking price. Guess, it is the attachment to one's things that makes them appear more valuable to oneself then they are to others.
He might have got an inclination of my being working class when I asked him so many question: It's my money and I wanted to make sure if am giving it away for the right thing and that too when I was ready to shell out 18L on this car. Maybe people who got loads of moolah don't even give a damn about papers or history and that's the kind of customer he might have been hoping in me!

All said, this has not dampen my spirits to search for a sports car. Search will continue till I get hold of one.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
There wives would also start behaving like them after a few years of stay with these kind of "GENTLEMAN" , don't you agree?
Yes
Or maybe their wives have a command over them and that's why they find such means to vent out their frustration!

Anyway, Eclipse GT and that moron aside I wish God blesses you with another exotica very soon.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:35   #51
BHPian

I too have had similar experiences in the past while shopping around in second hand car market and would like to sum up as follows:

As Russell Peters has said,"I don't make the stereotypes, I just see them." So whatever I am writing below are in way general sweeping statements but my observations about groups of people who display markedly similar behavior. And as always their are exceptions to the rule. TBhpians are a different group altogether!

While shopping around I usually don either of the two hats: I am into agriculture (My forefathers were farmers, we still own some land and I know a thing or two about farming), or I am into auto industry (I am a mechanical engineer working in auto industry, and a TBhp member to boot!) based on who the prospective seller is.

Now below are my observations of the seller's attitudes:
Prospective seller is a businessman:
Me: Agriculturist
*So lets talk about what you are going to pay me. You can take a cursory glance at the vehicle if you like (Our driver keeps it spick and span BTW) or else I'll fill you in with the relevant details. I mean you're a farmer; how does the condition of the car even matter to you?!!*
Me: Service
*So you're the pitiable little creature who would look into every nook and cranny to find things even I didn't know about my car and not discuss money until the cows come home. I am not sure of selling my car even if you pay me over and above the market price with the hassles you're going to subject me to before paying up!*

Usually I find a businessman more amiable with an Agriculturist 'Me' than a Serviceman 'Me'. Naturally better deals too!

Prospective seller is a Serviceman.
Me: Agriculturist
*So you're the spoiled brat who doesn't even know, let alone appreciate the amount of love and care I have invested in maintaining my car bought with my hard earned money.*
Me: Serviceman
*You'll never find a cleaner piece than this, all records, extended warranty, detailing sessions, services done at ASC only. If its accidental or clocked, you're never going to find out.*

No prizes for guessing the rapport here.

I don't know what the dynamics are in different parts of the country but this is true in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and NCR.

This is written in good humor and in no way to offend any particular group of people. I welcome disagreements and different viewpoints.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks