Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2005, 23:56   #1

BMW 1 series

does anybody here know if they have plans of launching 1 series in India and yes then when.

-Bimmer
Old 22nd January 2005, 00:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

no way.it'll cost in the region of 10 lacs +.No one will buy it here for such a price(whatever be the company).Thats why we have no A-class in India as yet.
Old 22nd January 2005, 00:28   #3

the cars companies seem to think otherway round, else they wouldn't have introduced cars like Maybach and Arnage.

ppl are buying BMWs when the cost twice in india as they are currently imported.
If 1 is imported then you are right it will cost like 11.5 Lacs, but if they assemble/produce in India then they should be around 6-8 lacs.
BMW anyway has plans to setup a plant in India.

At this price and car; of size not much less than City and slightly bigger than Indigo, and that too a biiiig performance fuel efficient hatch.

I would say it would sell well, or may be even good.
Old 22nd January 2005, 00:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

No way are u going to get a BMW for 6-8Lacs (imported or Assembled).u forget that BMW has to establish itself.it needs high profits from its other range to set a plant in India.It is difficult to beat a competator like Mercedes anyway.See even the 7,5,3 and X5 series will be costlier than their rival Mercs.Best if u want to get is get the Skoda Fabia.I think it itself will cost over 5.5Lacs.it sits several segments lower than 1-series in Europe.I-series is VW golf teritory or higher man.a golf will cost u 8Lacs or above .
Old 22nd January 2005, 01:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

And yes we do ahve potential customers(top businessmen with billions of rupees) for Maybach And Rolls because they top the segment other way round.How many Maybachs are there in India anyway.ONE.
Old 22nd January 2005, 08:58   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If 1 is imported then you are right it will cost like 11.5 Lacs, but if they assemble/produce in India then they should be around 6-8 lacs.
Impossible. Only the costing is way way higher than that.

Quote:
How many Maybachs are there in India anyway.ONE.
There are two confirmed in Maharashtra itself. One with Manichand Gutka and the other with Ambani.

GTO
Old 22nd January 2005, 10:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
See even the 7,5,3 and X5 series will be costlier than their rival Mercs.
If you really look at the fiqures and the Engine and Equipment Spec well then the Mercedes Benz's are much more expensive than the BMW's at any given time. For eg. you get the S350 for 68L indivijual and the 730d for about 60 including heavy options list.
Old 22nd January 2005, 11:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think BMW 1 series coming to India is next to impossible thing, it doesn't make any sense bringing it here.
Old 23rd January 2005, 02:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

i said costlier than their rivals in India,because they are imported as CBU's.Mercs are traditionally costlier than thier rivals throughout the world.

GTO.
i know manikchand has one but has the ambani family got one or have they boked it?confirm that.
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
i know manikchand has one but has the ambani family got one or have they boked it?confirm that.
They have one.Its been posted long back here

And BMW 1 coming to India is impossible.It`ll be too expensive and will have less buyers too.

X
Old 25th January 2005, 21:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

A 1-series will surely cost upwards of 15L if imported. Its considered pricey even in Europe, so you can imagine how extragavant it will be here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks