Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 12:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its compact car Maruti Cervo which will hit the Indian roads by the end of 2010.
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its compact car Maruti Cervo which will hit the Indian roads by the end of 2010. | SUZUKI FAN
The car looks neat. The best looking car from their stable after the old zen. But the specs are a disappiontment.
Might be these are the japanese specs.
When releasing in India they might replace the engine with a higher spec one.

The rear seat looks spacious eventhough the car is half a feet lesser in length than a santro..or is the pic misleading?
Old 1st February 2010, 15:41   #32
BHPian

Cervo looks good and might sell well if it is between 2.9 to 3.9 lacs, as mentioned in source. But please don't name it here with that weird name. Maruti off late is giving us some of the weirdest names, Eeco? Versa? Ritz? Vitara? Can we have some names that make Indian sense? Did 'Maruti' name hurt your sales or profits? We deserve better names Suzuki, as you can see in your Quarterly results, you would have been dead long ago without oxygen(sales) from India.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:31   #33
BHPian

i find a resemblance of cervo's headlamps and hood lines to that of the chevy beat(just my personal opinion). Anyone here who feel the same , or is it just me?
Old 1st February 2010, 17:28   #34
BHPian

I think Alto was replaced by what is marketed in India as A-Star, in Europe A-Star is sold as Alto. Older Alto is still retained in India as it is still a market leader & MSL is hesitant whether new Alto can reach the level of older Alto. (They have been proved right with A-star figures not reaching the Alto figures). As per Wikipedia Alto has a long history starting in 1979. Older European Alto was sold as Maruti Zen & M800 in India and presently Alto is sold as A-Star in India.

Last edited by arunpn : 1st February 2010 at 17:41.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

car looks good. more like Chevy beat with mouth little closed
with FE conscious Indian small car market, MSIL can go ahead with 660cc engine!
Old 1st February 2010, 21:58   #36
BHPian

To me it looks like a cross between Chevy beat and Indica!
Old 1st February 2010, 22:13   #37
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Another small car? Aren't there enough on offer already?
Old 1st February 2010, 23:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
To me it looks like a cross between Chevy beat and Indica!
100 points to you. The headlights are typical TATA.
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:35   #39
BHPian

^^^The Cervo was launched in Japan in 2006, well before the Beat and the Vista came in to existence. The old Zen was the 4th generation Cervo.

If ever Suzuki launches it,they will plonk the Cervo with a K10B engine and sell it along side the Estilo and the Astar.

Last edited by harishnair : 2nd February 2010 at 01:39.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:47   #40
BHPian

Yet another new innovative small car from Maruti

Hi Dudes,
This news just in. I have made a rough sketch of the new Maruti SWX,
the world's newest and most innovative product specifically for the Indian market. Rumour has it that this car is the most fuel efficient ever without any hybrid technology. The designers have come up with a never-before innovation for this car - change the wheel design. While no one thought of reinventing the wheel , MSIL has literally done it. The mileage can be upwards of 100 km/hr. The wear-and-tear on the engine is the same as that of an engine on idle. Because of this revolutionary innovation, costs are low which makes this product just right for the Indian market, unlike hybrids which involve a huge startup cost but give extraordinary fuel efficiency.
There is only one small hitch, the vehicle does not move forward.I predict this will sell at least 10,000 per month and surpass the nano.The price is expected to be in the range of Rs.1.8 lakh ex-showroom.
Let me know your thoughts.
Disclaimer: While I don't pride on my drawing skills with MS Photo Editor, I believe I have got the shape of the 'innovation' exactly right.On top of that, I am also part of the Maruti Fan club, as my better half owns a Zen Estilo.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Cervo - Is it the Replacement for Alto??-maruti_new_car.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2010, 15:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Could someone post the details and pictures from the link here for the benefit of people like me who have been firewalled !
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:04   #42
BHPian

I thought the A-star was supposed to replace the alto. But the cervo defenitely looks good and to think of it its just around 650 cc and manages a respectable 55 BHP . I am hoping this will be priced below the A-Star.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

We might lose a few bhp thanks to our fuel quality. We can expect something in the range of 50-52 bhp.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:06   #44
BHPian

As per the latest news on Wheels unplugged
"Although Maruti Suzuk's spokesperson could not be immediately contacted, a senior official of the company had earlier said, "We have exhausted our quota of new cars with eight new launches in India in the past three years. Now we are looking at strengthening our leadership by refreshing our old portfolio." The company has developed the new KB series petrol engines with an investment of Rs. 1,200 crore, which will be strapped in several of these cars". However, when queried about the proposed models which will undergo a facelift, he maintained, "Maruti follows a policy of refreshing models every five years," without revealing anything. "

So, i guess we do not have any new models comeing up soon in India.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd February 2010 at 20:16. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also Preview before submitting posts. Thanks
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Hi Dudes,
This news just in. I have made a rough sketch of the new Maruti SWX,
the world's newest and most innovative product specifically for the Indian market. Rumour has it that this car is the most fuel efficient ever without any hybrid technology. The designers have come up with a never-before innovation for this car - change the wheel design. While no one thought of reinventing the wheel , MSIL has literally done it. The mileage can be upwards of 100 km/hr. The wear-and-tear on the engine is the same as that of an engine on idle. Because of this revolutionary innovation, costs are low which makes this product just right for the Indian market, unlike hybrids which involve a huge startup cost but give extraordinary fuel efficiency.
There is only one small hitch, the vehicle does not move forward.I predict this will sell at least 10,000 per month and surpass the nano.The price is expected to be in the range of Rs.1.8 lakh ex-showroom.
Let me know your thoughts.
Disclaimer: While I don't pride on my drawing skills with MS Photo Editor, I believe I have got the shape of the 'innovation' exactly right.On top of that, I am also part of the Maruti Fan club, as my better half owns a Zen Estilo.
LoL

Very true.

Many times, Maruti does take its customer for granted, but I seriously doubt that even Maruti will go to such an extent!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks