Team-BHP - Suzuki Cervo - Is it the Replacement for Alto??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki Cervo - Is it the Replacement for Alto?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35932-suzuki-cervo-replacement-alto.html)

Suzuki Cervo is supposed to be heading towards Indian Shores. There are
some people saying it is replacement for maruti 800. I doubt that. It looks
more like a replacement for Alto. Since rumours are that Splash will replace Wagon R. We have to see how Maruti positions Cervo and Splash.Any one got any info when it could be launched??

Observe the Boot Space. Its better than the Swift i Guess:D

While on my way to Pune from Aurangabad I saw the Cervo being transported in a LCV being a red MH14 temp registration number. It was in the same orange colour as shown above and looked pretty stunning to say the least .

this is indeed getting confusing...

this car really looks neat !! and its no way a replacement to the antiquated alto - if it is ( and in price also ) - im booking mine soon!
but i dont think MUL is going to launch so many small cars so soon and with so little difference....

It looks to be an excellent replacement for the Alto, if its true. I hope they plonk in the 1.0 L old Zen engine.

But wasn't the A-Star concept supposed to replace the Alto?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 732893)
Since rumours are that Splash will replace Wagon R.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...onr-india.html
In this thread, ram has clarified that Splash will not replace the WagonR. So, could it be WagonR's replacement?
Or could it replace the Estilo?

I am too sure but what had maruti stated, 1 launch a year or more than 1? We have the Splash, Dzire lined up for launches and this would be the 3rd Model. However, I doubt if it'll come so soon.

And yes, what about the A star?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 733004)
I am too sure but what had maruti stated, 1 launch a year or more than 1?

As far as I remember, it was atleast 1 launch a year.

It seems too good to be an Alto's replacement, WagonR's replacement is more like it.

But you never know with MUL, if they can price this to what the current Alto is....hat off to them!

The interiors are well designed, front end seems to be good too....nice amount of leg room and boot space...only the back-end seems highly confused !

i hope maruti is clear with which is going to be the replacement for which .lol:

Overall Cervo looks good.But i dont think MUL will launch Cervo this year.They wont lauch three cars in a year.

In Japan when Alto became outdated, it was time for Cervo, and yes in Japan atleast, it is replacement for Alto, but here they could end up opening a brand new segment in India between Alto and Wagon R.

But most probably I would like to see this as a replacement of Wagon R. But given the fact that Wagon R is doing extremely well, they( maruti ) doesnt want to fix a thing that is working.

End line is that we would like to enjoy this car on indian roads as it more modern than the present generation Alto/Wagon R/Estilo platform sold in India.

Since Estillo not doing well wrt Wagon-R, Maruti may launch Cervo as "upgraded and new" Zen Estillo!!

They have fixed the rear windscreen wrong :rofl:

no doubt car looks neat .... i think its high time maruti replace 800 and alto with this. maybe a 660cc option also with less than 2L price tag :D

This is the Alto sold in Japan, nowadays;

Some more info here (in Japanese but with a nice picture);
News Release

From what I've learned it will be sold in Europe late 2008 or early 2009.

TDR

I don't think that they will bring the Cervo since Alto is a cash cow !

it seems to have a good height. would be a boon for tall people. if this is a replacement for Alto, then great (provided the pricing is the same!) ... but this looks more like a replacement for Estilo, which does not seems to be doing all that well.