Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 20:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Any suggestion for this guys??
If you are not averse to Fiat, Palio 1.3 MJD is getting launched on 11-March, you can book one, you should get it pretty fast.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

The dealer in my area told me that they were asked to refrain from taking further orders for the getz-d.If it was made to order then they have to take orders in first case.A fellow bhpian had talked to the dealer and the reply was same.In kerela we dont have a waiting period of 6mnths for swift.Its lesser than 2 months if its not an ABS version.
ram
Old 28th February 2008, 20:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If you are not averse to Fiat, Palio 1.3 MJD is getting launched on 11-March, you can book one, you should get it pretty fast.
I agree with you The only point troubling me was the re-sale value of Fiat and the Tata's A.S.S. . But seeing the expectations for Fiat , seems the MJD is going to make a hit . Also i decided to keep the diesel car which i am going to buy for atleast 7 yrs or 200000kms . By that time the resale value wont make much difference . Also i am not sure whether the Swifts build quality will last that long (IMO) .But Fiat will surely last even longer . Getz D doesnt worry me about the price as i get a powerful engine to compensate that , its just that even the company is not that very anxious to support their getz D .
Old 28th February 2008, 21:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone noticed any ads for the Getz CRDi? I havent come across any! Enough to make people feel Getz is nearing the end of its life cycle.
It indeed is!! The i20 is expected to replace the Getz. I was thinking about the Getz for replacing my Swift, but lack of ABS/poor A.S.S/poor Resale and the model to be replaced by i20 has made me put off the plan.

The Horse is Hyundai and i am holding that bat.
Old 29th February 2008, 00:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Beg to differ!

The interiors are drab (I couldnt eat for two days after seeing the fake wooden center console - disgusting is the politically correct word I can use for this) - If anyone disagrees, I request them to go and see the interiors 'live' - People with an eye on performance may not bother on this detail.
The interiors are definitely better than Santro, Indica,swift and cars like that(read my post with which cars i'm comparing with). If you see them in comparison with Mercedes/Bmw hatch (if any) then definitely its an eye sore.

Quote:
People with an eye on performance may not bother on this detail.
Read my post again thats where i say its a 'Niche market' and not general market

Quote:
You also say that they "get all the features in hatch" - May I ask what are those? The hatch priced @ 6.5L OTR B'lore doesnt have alloys, decent seat covers, more importantly Airbag / ABS / EBD and let alone a music system.
You have missed out 4 wheel drive, Automatic transmission, Xenon HID, CVT, GPS, LCD, Oxygen sensor, Super charger, traction control, Cruise control, Automatic sensor Wiper, many many other things....

Read my other post with which vehicles and segment it is compared (Swift, Indica, Santro etc..) So your expectations cannot be justified.

Again to repeat it is a niche market focussed on the same segment of Hatches mentioned above.

Quote:
I agree the engine is good - But when I test drove verna, the car was shaking if I did not upshift the gear at the right speeds (My mom sitting in the rear seat was scared
Just to clarify do you know driving ??? As far as the driving I know the gear has to be upshifted at the right speed.

Quote:
The hyundai salesman who accompanied me was cool and said - 'sir, you please change the gear')
I appreciate the salesman "he was cool"

Quote:
I hope this is not there in Getz.
How come Verna Test drive = Getz results. Could some one explain this maths.

Quote:
I dont like the front of the Prime series too - Liked the older one better. (beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder!)
Good quote it contains both query and answer within itself

Query:I dont like the front of the Prime series too - Liked the older one better
Answer:beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder!

Quote:
So, in summary, Getz CRDi deserves not to sell, and people who don't buy it, do so in their volition and not call 'sour grapes' or 'thats a premium car man! let me stay away'
Again I repeat thats why i claim its 'niche' market its not focussed on numbers or rather general users. your above statements are their confessions .Thanks

Note: I have just copy posted my earlier post on which this discussion is going on

"Actually Getz is positioned on Niche market. The consumers being "performance lovers under hatch vehicle - ready to pay premium for it". So its not for general customers. General hatch customers would choose Swift, Indica, Santro for normal commuting.

Only customers who are ready to pay a premium and get all the features in hatch would go for Getz. Thats why they are not stocked up.

There are other similar vehicle like that, Eg: Maruti Gypsy

Note: All info. posted above are my personal opinions"

Last edited by pingping : 29th February 2008 at 01:02.
Old 29th February 2008, 04:55   #21
BHPian

Hey PingPing - I am sorry that you dont get it - I can refute you point by point - But, I'll try to keep my reply short and save my time.

Getz D Interiors SUCK - At 6.0L Swift ZXI (I know it is petrol, you were talking about 'Niche' hatches) has (electronic) Automatic climate control, Airbag, ABS, EBD and Alloys (at 50 grand less) - And, I was talking about the fake wooden insert. Even Tata Indica gives optinal ABS/EBD/Airbags.

Verna D engine is same as Getz D engine, and hence I talk about vibration. I thought you knew that! And yes, I think I know to drive - Have been driving for many years, and I have driven 45 BHP to 310 BHP cars in India, US and other countries too - A car should not vibrate like crazy (as Verna D did) at the ranges when you should shift gear. Nuff said! And, it will do you good to watch what you write.

Please go and buy yourself a Getz D if you want. I couldn't care less. I'll never part a penny for the current version of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post

your above statements are their confessions .Thanks
This is TBHP quote of the day!

Guys, is there anyone else who thinks Getz D is a premium car? Please let me know!
Old 29th February 2008, 06:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

@sriramv.iyer : IMO , i used to drive most of the time , and while driving i will concentrate on the road rather than looking and enjoying the beauty of the interiors. Get in the car - start the engine - on the music system - go the destination - get down the car . Simple as that . May be there are some car lovers who just sit inside the car for few min and enjoy the interiors alone. But IMO most drivers used to think about their driving only and worry much about the interiors
Old 29th February 2008, 07:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Getz D Interiors SUCK - At 6.0L Swift ZXI (I know it is petrol, you were talking about 'Niche' hatches) has (electronic) Automatic climate control, Airbag, ABS, EBD and Alloys (at 50 grand less) - And, I was talking about the fake wooden insert. Even Tata Indica gives optinal ABS/EBD/Airbags.

Verna D engine is same as Getz D engine, and hence I talk about vibration. I thought you knew that! And yes, I think I know to drive - Have been driving for many years, and I have driven 45 BHP to 310 BHP cars in India, US and other countries too - A car should not vibrate like crazy (as Verna D did) at the ranges when you should shift gear. Nuff said! And, it will do you good to watch what you write.

Guys, is there anyone else who thinks Getz D is a premium car? Please let
me know!
Vibration for Verna's engine? Where did you sit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
@sriramv.iyer : IMO , i used to drive most of the time , and while driving i will concentrate on the road rather than looking and enjoying the beauty of the interiors. Get in the car - start the engine - on the music system - go the destination - get down the car . Simple as that . May be there are some car lovers who just sit inside the car for few min and enjoy the interiors alone. But IMO most drivers used to think about their driving only and worry much about the interiors

Nice one.

@ Iyer; sir you married?
Old 29th February 2008, 07:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

[quote=jkdas;740369]Vibration for Verna's engine? Where did you sit?

i never felt any vibration from verna's engine when i drove my friends car .
@jkdas : May be he was sitting on the bonnet??
Old 29th February 2008, 08:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
H
Verna D engine is same as Getz D engine, and hence I talk about vibration.
Reading that para i came to the conclusion that you could not point out to a folly with the Verna, so the closest that came to being a folly on it is the vibration. this made me some 2 one conclusion that ur probably a member of the Critical Fault Finding Committee Club.
And also im very curios to know what vibration are you referring too?
Even if u haven't been on it you know that its a CrDi = as good as a petrol on the vibration front.
Or probably you'r right it has vibration. But hey! theres a good side to it, people are gonna get a new one from the showroom, not one which has done a gazillion kilometers on crater filled roads.
(committee club-coz it sounds perfect. soo wannabe kind)

And hey Dont mind it nothing personal here, just that i found the vibration part Very amusing coz i've been on the verna half a dozen times but never felt any. not even a teeny weeny bit.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:06   #26
BHPian

@Mr. Iyer,

Do you REALLY REALLY think Swift's interiors are much better than Getz's ??
I dont.

Swift is no doubts a good product, but Getz has its own positives - I dont want to list them all, you can read tons of text abt that on this forum.

The CRDi engine - The lesss spoken against it the better...Its simply sweeeeeet.

My job involves a lot of travel. I have also driven cars from an 800 to Subaru Impreza WRX Sti and more. It is not fair to compare the smoothness of petrol cars, that cost 8-10 times as much as the Getz D with the getz D.

Lastly, we are here on this forum to share our opinions and learn. The way you write your emails is perhaps against that spirit. Please mellow down a little bit

There is no such thing as perfect in this world. Lets all keep that in mind, be constructive and not get into the bashing mode.

Chillax!!
Old 29th February 2008, 09:27   #27
BHPian

Offtrack!

We are all digressing here! I wanted to vent-out my frustrations on Getz D and looks like I earned a lot of enemies!

@undead - Interiors are very important to me - Only engine/chassis/suspension do not the car make! (Yoda) - And, I am a car lover, and I do not sit inside the car looking at the interiors. If all *true* blue drivers dont look at the interiors, why do performance cars like Audi / BMW / Merc focus on interiors? Why do we have an ICE section at all in TBHP - Why dont we just listen to engine noise?

And, I dont prefer sitting on the bonnet.

@jkdas - This was the one and only time I test drove the Verna D - When I did not upshift at the right speed, the whole car shoke (I am not talking about engine vibration (or NVH). The salesman told me that it happens when we don't shift gears up at the right time. Hence I assumed that it happens in Verna D always (since I heard it from the salesman)

@kcstheg: I may voice opinion strongly, but never attack anyone personally. I was perturbed when replies were getting personal - It is never my intent to hurt any one (or their egos). If you look at my first post, I was only trying to tell the Getz D is not a premium car. I am not comparing to any more expensive car (I have no idea why everyone thought so!) - People were commenting if I have every driven a car before. I suggest rest of the gang mellow down too!

Alea Jacta Est! I cannot and do not intend to get back whatever I have said and also do not plan to reply any further - Really sorry if I hurt anyone, which was never my intent.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Alea Jacta Est!
Could some one explain me this???

Last edited by pingping : 29th February 2008 at 09:45.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
Could some one explain me this???
This is off topic , but to make sure other bhpian friends get to know what he is trying to say
Here is the meaning for the word Alea Jacta Est :

Alea Jacta Est is the latin word for " The die has been cast " like " he cannot take back what he has done, much like the gambler who has already thrown the dice."

Source : Wikipedia
Old 29th February 2008, 10:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Oh my,were did we start and were did we end.I vehemently deny your statement iyer on the vibration of verna.Ill give you my keys and can you demonstrate that.There could be something wrong with the car you drove or the roads you drove.
This thread is about the demand of getz whether its on or off.
please make your views on that guys.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks