Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 15:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDi - High Demand or NO Demand ???

I wanted to buy a Getz CDRi , i called up the dealers in Coimbatore and Erode and they told me the Delivery period is 2 months . Then i called up the Chennai Dealer and they told me its mininum 4 weeks . I thought the Getz is having a good demand and thats why there is a big long waiting period . But when i asked them why there is a long waiting period , they said they will order the vehicle only after the booking . They dont keep even a single vehicle in stock . So , does it mean there is No demand for getz CRDi ??? The dealers dont want to risk in keeping the vehicle in their yard ?

(mods : if this has been posted in the wrong section , please move it to the right section)
Old 28th February 2008, 16:09   #2
BHPian

Actually Getz is positioned on Niche market. The consumers being "performance lovers under hatch vehicle - ready to pay premium for it". So its not for general customers. General hatch customers would choose Swift, Indica, Santro for normal commuting.

Only customers who are ready to pay a premium and get all the features in hatch would go for Getz. Thats why they are not stocked up.

There are other similar vehicle like that, Eg: Maruti Gypsy

Note: All info. posted above are my personal opinions
Old 28th February 2008, 17:32   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With that pricetag, it was never to be a mass seller, was it? I would presume Hyundai had known this and may be running a limited production run on the Getz D. A fantastic hatch though.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Even the lower priced petrol hatch was not exactly setting the chart on fire.
Old 28th February 2008, 18:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
Actually Getz is positioned on Niche market. The consumers being "performance lovers under hatch vehicle - ready to pay premium for it". So its not for general customers. General hatch customers would choose Swift, Indica, Santro for normal commuting.

Only customers who are ready to pay a premium and get all the features in hatch would go for Getz. Thats why they are not stocked up.

Beg to differ!

The interiors are drab (I couldnt eat for two days after seeing the fake wooden center console - disgusting is the politically correct word I can use for this) - If anyone disagrees, I request them to go and see the interiors 'live' - People with an eye on performance may not bother on this detail.

You also say that they "get all the features in hatch" - May I ask what are those? The hatch priced @ 6.5L OTR B'lore doesnt have alloys, decent seat covers, more importantly Airbag / ABS / EBD and let alone a music system.

I agree the engine is good - But when I test drove verna, the car was shaking if I did not upshift the gear at the right speeds (My mom sitting in the rear seat was scared - The hyundai salesman who accompanied me was cool and said - 'sir, you please change the gear') - I hope this is not there in Getz.

I dont like the front of the Prime series too - Liked the older one better. (beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder!)

So, in summary, Getz CRDi deserves not to sell, and people who don't buy it, do so in their volition and not call 'sour grapes' or 'thats a premium car man! let me stay away'
Old 28th February 2008, 19:47   #6
BHPian

No Demand I would say. I have seen only 2 CRDi-s so far in Bangalore. Looks like Fabias are selling more than Getz CRDi
Old 28th February 2008, 19:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
No Looks like Fabias are selling more than Getz CRDi
Same here in pune.

Spotted 4+ Fabia's till date and ask how many Getz CRDi?
NONE!
Old 28th February 2008, 19:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Beg to differ!

The interiors are drab (I couldnt eat for two days after seeing the fake wooden center console - disgusting is the politically correct word I can use for this) - If anyone disagrees, I request them to go and see the interiors 'live' - People with an eye on performance may not bother on this detail.

You also say that they "get all the features in hatch" - May I ask what are those? The hatch priced @ 6.5L OTR B'lore doesnt have alloys, decent seat covers, more importantly Airbag / ABS / EBD and let alone a music system.

I agree the engine is good - But when I test drove verna, the car was shaking if I did not upshift the gear at the right speeds (My mom sitting in the rear seat was scared - The hyundai salesman who accompanied me was cool and said - 'sir, you please change the gear') - I hope this is not there in Getz.

@ hrishiq; Skoda is calling up people for test drives are booking who didnt turn up for booking after hearing the price.
I dont like the front of the Prime series too - Liked the older one better. (beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder!)

So, in summary, Getz CRDi deserves not to sell, and people who don't buy it, do so in their volition and not call 'sour grapes' or 'thats a premium car man! let me stay away'

lol, go buy Fabia!

We have had enough debates and hence dont want to start another oen here

Last edited by jkdas : 28th February 2008 at 19:58.
Old 28th February 2008, 19:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its not that there is no demand.The supply is on a lower side and the initial buyers who enquired about the car was dissapointed hearing the long waiting period.Those buyers were attracted to the comparatively cheaper swift which had a comparatively lesser waiting period.I hope hyundai sets right the production of the car soon.
ram
Old 28th February 2008, 20:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

Gets diesel somehow hasnt caught much market attention, maybe due to its pricing.

If i were to choose between Getz D and Fabia, i would put my money on Fabia inspite of bad A.S.S network of skoda.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Its not that there is no demand.The supply is on a lower side and the initial buyers who enquired about the car was dissapointed hearing the long waiting period.Those buyers were attracted to the comparatively cheaper swift which had a comparatively lesser waiting period.I hope hyundai sets right the production of the car soon.
Ram, you have got it wrong!

If you see the first post, the Bhpian got to know from the dealers that Getz D is made on order basis, they are getting few orders, hence this way of delivering cars.

Secondly, even Swift D has a huge waiting period!
But coz of the price factor and Maruti badge, people are going for Swift D.

Will be interesting once Palio 1.3 MJD hits on roads, it will surely beat Getz D on the sales nos, though Swift D won't be impacted much.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:08   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont believe Hyundai were ever serious abt selling this car as mainstream in India. Else, the public would have seen some marketing campaigns for this expected hot seller.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
ram

But now the swift diesel here has a waiting period of 6 months compared to getz D period of 2 months.
The main problem i have is that i have to sell my ikon and clear the loan and then apply for fresh loan to buy the getz D or swift . But after i sell my ikon i have to wait for 2 mon to get the getz D or 6mon to get the swift D . I cant do anything with a car . Any suggestion for this guys??
Old 28th February 2008, 20:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Getz diesel big no no at that price

I will go for a Swift Diesel on any given day at that budget below 6L with good after sales service and a vehicle on which u can put your money by closing your eyes......

It's your wish take any car but drive carefullyyyyyyyy
Old 28th February 2008, 20:14   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Gets diesel somehow hasnt caught much market attention, maybe due to its pricing.
Adding to all the points mentioned above-
1. The car is not available all over India yet! Very recently i was told by a dealer that they don't know when its going to come. However, they can bring the car if I pay booking amount without even seeing the car once!

2. Dealers are asking to TD the verna to get a feel of the Getz CRDi. Enough reason for a performance enthusiast to get out of there.

3. Anyone noticed any ads for the Getz CRDi? I havent come across any! Enough to make people feel Getz is nearing the end of its life cycle.

Most Viewed