Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 18:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They would've been better off with the non-VGT version of the same engine that develops 88 bhp, perhaps tuned towards fuel economy.

This is a market where people call the 70 bhp Swift and the 68 bhp Fiesta "stonker"s - the 110 bhp VGT CRDi is an overkill in such a market, and perhaps they could manage the price better with lower performance and more non-performance features - it truly is overpriced.
In my case mileage was the least of bothers. The interiors suck bigtime, absolutely stripped down features even compared to the first gen Getz that we own. How can it not have a Temp gauge :(

Quote:
I've driven this thing abroad and I can say that the diesel Getz is a pretty entertaining car to drive - you can approach corners in much more than reasonable speeds and enjoy it
A 2 door Getz CRDI with 4 discs would have been a dream to own here unfortunately this variant doesnt exist. When I was in Australia it was unbelievable the number of Getz one could spot vs India.

Quote:
Yeah - that car can barely keep itself together with about 70 bhp. Put this engine inside and watch it disintegrate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It handles 125bhp abroad!

However, I agree the build quality of the MSIL Swift is nothing like the build quality of the Suzuki Swift!
Sir with all due respect, the poor build quality only results in annoying things like rattles etc.

WRT handling and driveability the Swift continues to thrill.
Old 1st March 2008, 18:57   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

If Hyundai had a serious launch and had freshened up the interiors, in all probability I would have been driving the Getz diesel by now. I'm feeling bad for myself and at Hyundai, not for the same reason.
Old 1st March 2008, 23:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

I went to TRIDENT Hyundai to discuss a Getz for a friend - he was keen on the diesel, but the salesman put us off by quoting a waiting period of 3 months. They did not have a TD vehicle either. We did see an example in their yard, but he said it was already sold.

Simply put, Hyundai does not want to sell this car. As to why they launched it, that too in a hush-hush manner, is anybody's guess.

Muddled up management at Hyundai, anyone?

Last edited by kuttapan : 1st March 2008 at 23:55.
Old 3rd March 2008, 07:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys , i read in the autocar magazine that i20 is meant only for exports . So it wont replace the getz , right ?
Old 5th March 2008, 08:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Seems they are asking us to pay the whole amount to book the car . The vehicle is not selling at all and the dealers are not willing to take the risk of booking it by themselves and keeping it in their showroom . The order the vehicle after receiving the full amount from us. i have decided to buy the getz crdi .
Old 6th March 2008, 15:03   #66
BHPian

Getz D in terms of performance is miles ahead of competition and in some cases this is important too. This is what makes this car special.

However 110 Bhp of power without ABS even as an option on a small car or say the hatch is suicidal.

I talked to a person in the Hyundai service and he said that it will come with ABS in some time I hope he is right.

I know interiors are not that classy but it can be ignored looking at the performance if it comes with ABS. My first upgrade will be a tyre upsize (its affordable on a diesel) and set of imported alloys
Old 6th March 2008, 15:33   #67
BHPian

@princesri1981

Are you sure about the ABS coming shortly.when i asked the dealers about this in cochin they said no intimations have come from hyundai.
i did book the vehicle 2 weeks back. hope they come up with ABS real soon
Old 6th March 2008, 16:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
@princesri1981

Are you sure about the ABS coming shortly.when i asked the dealers about this in cochin they said no intimations have come from hyundai.
i did book the vehicle 2 weeks back. hope they come up with ABS real soon
How much did you have to pay and whats the waiting period time?
Old 6th March 2008, 17:24   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesri1981 View Post
Getz D in terms of performance is miles ahead of competition and in some cases this is important too. This is what makes this car special.

However 110 Bhp of power without ABS even as an option on a small car or say the hatch is suicidal.

I talked to a person in the Hyundai service and he said that it will come with ABS in some time I hope he is right.

I know interiors are not that classy but it can be ignored looking at the performance if it comes with ABS. My first upgrade will be a tyre upsize (its affordable on a diesel) and set of imported alloys
If ABS is really coming then Getz is a good car i mean it is a good powerful hatch.Without the Airbag what you said it is suicidal.

@binoyb22 hope you get ABS and Airbag.What you gonna do if they are not introudcing both?

Last edited by jerish666 : 6th March 2008 at 17:27.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

I had driven the Verna Diesel and I must admit the engine was awesome!!!! Very powerful!! But as usual Hyundai lost it in the stability and the braking department. Verna is horrible when it comes to stability. I think Getz has got better stability compared to other Hyundai cars( my view) . I have not seen many Getz D on road .I expected it to be benefit from Swift s waiting period but i think as Dzire is also going to be launched people will rather opt for Dzire Base version than Getz D.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I had driven the Verna Diesel and I must admit the engine was awesome!!!! Very powerful!! But as usual Hyundai lost it in the stability and the braking department. Verna is horrible when it comes to stability. I think Getz has got better stability compared to other Hyundai cars( my view) . I have not seen many Getz D on road .I expected it to be benefit from Swift s waiting period but i think as Dzire is also going to be launched people will rather opt for Dzire Base version than Getz D.
Horrible than ? Can you give an example?

And when did you find it struggling for stability?
Old 7th March 2008, 00:39   #72
BANNED

Come on, Jk!
Verna is not a good stable car for 3 digit speeds. I agree, we can do that in Verna, but not with the confidence like in SX4, Lancer etc... The car behaves like a boat at certain levels.
Hyundai concentrates more on making the car comfy to sit in and enjoy rather than the driveability. Many people stay away from Verna for this one reason.
Old 7th March 2008, 01:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Horrible than ? Can you give an example?

And when did you find it struggling for stability?
JK calm down.Anyway you decided to buy Safari.So leave it.
Once Dezire is launched people who want to buy Getz will think twice.I think only people who want power will go for Getz.
Old 7th March 2008, 04:48   #74
BHPian

I dont know how often this happens. But this thread has not been done right. And I dont think I have ever seen a flame-flung thread even before I had signed up to T-BHP.

It's okay to challenge a fellow member so long as it's done in a humorous way. Save the acrimony for Mr. Bush Jr. Unknowingly, we may be scaring the newbies away.

BH.
Old 7th March 2008, 06:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

I have went for a Test drive at Chandra Hyundai in Coimbatore . Just some 3 kms test drive . We have an ikon flair and we felt Getz is better than ikon flair in many parts . The NVH are almost NIL . Gear Shift is good and the engine is surely a Wowza .. 3 persons sat at the rear ( ME , my mom and my family friend) it was not cramped at all .. Knee room was good and I liked the centre fake wooden trim . It was different as i never had a car with that type of trim . The booking amount they asked for me was Rs.25000 only and the delivery period is maximum 2 months.
The OTR price is 6.16 L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks