Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Any Model which comes from TATA's table, Everybody knows the reason
Tension
And
Trouble
Always
Guess tata is changing now. Thats what i felt with the Dicor 2.2 in both safari and grade. But true. You will still have those initial gliches.
Old 29th February 2008, 15:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Any model which carries the brand name "Fiat" is car NOT to buy.
everyone right from your mechanic, kids, wife, neighbor's & friends will tell you one thing "Flop model hai, average nahi deti, yeh to safed haathi hai" (This is flop model with poor fuel average, Fiat is like white elephant).
@ FERRO,
According to me I think the HM's Amby was known as the 'White Elephant.' Din't know that the names have been changed.

but you all have to agree, we have spoken about almost all the cars here, except for the India's famous car: The Ambassador.

Quote:
Tension
And
Trouble
Always
hahaha...
I agree to that somewhat... coz I have seen a lot of Safaris in mint conditions as well.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:24   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tension
And
Trouble
Always
nicejits, I find it a little odd. You have said this earlier also a couple of times in different ways, about the Safaris and any Tata car in general. We can definitely fish them out from records. But the point is everytime you were challenged as to what is your experience to make a sweeping "Everyone knows..." statement you have run away.

So, here it is for you. Either you substantiate this line that you seem to have made a habit of dropping in every second thread or else stop doing so immediately.

We generally abhor people who make unsubstantiated, bombastic statements.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post

On Indian Roads i am 200% sure there is no place where you can drive a Ferrari or any other vehicle at a speed of 200kmph continously for atleast 5mins.

Have you been or seen the Mumbai-Pune expressway?
I touched 240km/hr in my BMW so i am sure a Ferrari can do much more than that. You could easily do 200km/hr for a lot more than 5 mins on it.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
nicejits, I find it a little odd. You have said this earlier also a couple of times in different ways, about the Safaris and any Tata car in general. We can definitely fish them out from records. But the point is everytime you were challenged as to what is your experience to make a sweeping "Everyone knows..." statement you have run away.

So, here it is for you. Either you substantiate this line that you seem to have made a habit of dropping in every second thread or else stop doing so immediately.

Well Zappo you are right. Why make sweeping statements, if we dont like a particular brand that doesnt mean that its product is bad.

I dont like Hyndai and wont buy any of their cars but does it mean that Hyndai cars are bad!!! No they are very good if not the best.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Tension
And
Trouble
Always
Nicejits... Have you driven the first Honda car? No, I have not either. Have you driven the first five Hyundai cars? I have not. The Hyundai which is 'cool' now in India and the Honda which is supreme are around fifty years old companies. The quality that you see is the end result of their effort over fifty years.

Making cars is not easy. If it was... we would have seen many more brands now. If it was easy Hyundai would not have struggled thirty years to gain bare respectability...

IMHO they deserve a chance. Not many companies developed sexy, reliable, desirable, intoxicating, fine handling and value for money cars within their first five products.

Note: I repeat this. Mahindra does not classify as a new company.
Old 29th February 2008, 17:10   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

Guys,

I am sorry if I have heart anybody or broken the rules of Forum, Its not that way that I have driven x car which was made by TATA and didn’t like that, WE have 3 Tata car’s in our family and everybody is tired by there Problems, Forget abut car’s which my family members own, the google for Review on TATA cars and you will know the truth
Old 29th February 2008, 17:49   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

I am sorry if I have heart anybody or broken the rules of Forum, Its not that way that I have driven x car which was made by TATA and didn’t like that, WE have 3 Tata car’s in our family and everybody is tired by there Problems, Forget abut car’s which my family members own, the google for Review on TATA cars and you will know the truth
Amazing indeed! Do you have a template from which you paste these lines. You used exactly the same sentence in another thread also where you were asked by a couple of fellow members about substantiating this. It was in the launching thread of the Indigo CS if I am not mistaken.

You have a tremendous affinity to google, don't you? But then everything in life is not about borrowed knowledge from some disgruntled souls. Its about experience. While you seem to have drank the "gospel truth" that you googled out there are lakhs of others who drive these very cars everyday and would happily recommed it to another person. And no they are not the ones who go and file reviews on the Net. Their 1st hand experience is shared by the words of mouth as opposed to the borrowed knowledge of some others. Yes, there is a motley crowd who also have had bad pieces. Even some had the misfortune to own a lemon. And they are the ones who go on to every site and pour out the vitriol. In fact its even very easy to name a few such people. They are so famous with their grouse against Tatas that you can google them by name and come up with 100s of pages of the same littany of complains filed under their names on every possible site.

And what about you? Based on those reviews by the same handful bunch on every site you go ahead and make such tall, bombastic comments. And whenever asked to substantiate you paste the same hackneyed line of "google for Review on TATA cars and you will know the truth". As if people are waiting for you to tell them where they can get to know about these cars and then believe in them. Remember, more often than not when someone has challenged you on your statement on Tatas they have many years of running experience of these very cars vis-a-vis your googled knowledge. So the next time think before you make a sweeping statement. And stop using that line that begins with "Every one knows...". That comes out as a lame defence.
Old 29th February 2008, 17:57   #39
Team-BHP Support

Ok, sorry folks for the minor veering off from the main course of discussion. Please do carry on.

And yes, as we have always said all criticisms are always welcome. No manufacturer is the sacred cow, no one... not even the Tatas with all the gremlins in their product line. So go ahead and have a ball... as long as their is a very valid reason for your faith, e.g. No Tatas-because they always have too many niggling issues in their cars, and not those "everyone knows" type of lines.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:06   #40
BHPian

Corolla - Don't buy. No pleasure in driving. Too much of road noise, Pathetic paint, Not for highways.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:34   #41
BHPian

the mahindra logan. purely on the basis of its looks.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
the mahindra logan. purely on the basis of its looks.
What do you mean by purely on the basis of its looks?
Old 29th February 2008, 19:04   #43
BHPian

I think the point of the thread is to bring out each one's most disliked car and not to start a war about various manufacturers.

I think it could be a lot more fun if we streamlined it to the one car each member disliked the most and only chose from cars presently sold on our shores.
Also since it’s about each ones preference lets not take it personally.

My Not Buy car would be the ' Tata Indica’

Simply cause the first impression it always gave was that of a public transport vehicle and add to it the famed Tata quality issues.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th February 2008 at 19:15. Reason: Do Not use Color font Size tags while posting
Old 29th February 2008, 19:29   #44
BANNED

Zen , because,
Zero
Efficiency &
Noisy
Quote:
Tension
And
Trouble
Always
Old 29th February 2008, 19:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

For me, its all cars with poor resale value. The reason is simple. I don't want to burn my hard-earned money .

That said, everyone has his or her own requirements and views. And every car has been built to meet specific requirement and will satisfy somebody.

Most Viewed