Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 20:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

I was holding my breath all these time reading through the thread.Is it necessary that we have to say our dissatisfaction about any product here.It may not be due to the product in some casses ,it may be due to the dealer or some tyre manufacturer or say a batery suplier that we hate a product and the heat is recieved by the product.
I dont like many cars but i refrain my comments due to many factors ,personally i dont want to disgrace any product which could have involved lots of pain and efforts of lots of people.
ram
Old 29th February 2008, 22:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
the mahindra logan. purely on the basis of its looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
What do you mean by purely on the basis of its looks?
i mean that i have not driven any variant of the car so can not comment on its suspension, steering or maneuverability, but as far as looks are concerned seen it enough times to decide that i would not buy the logan.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Corolla - Don't buy. No pleasure in driving. Too much of road noise, Pathetic paint, Not for highways.
I fully agree with this. I vote against corolla. I have been test driving cars in 8-12L these days and even the recent price cut did not attract me to corolla. I am looking for a car that does well both in city and highways. My one month experience with corolla in the US was so pathetic. It absorbs so much from the road and sends it directly to the steering. That makes handling worst as the speed increases beyond 100kmph and eventually a stressful driving in the highways. Very poor highway performance and excellent town road performance, thats what I think about the corolla. Not really a VFM.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
For me, its all cars with poor resale value. The reason is simple. I don't want to burn my hard-earned money .

That said, everyone has his or her own requirements and views. And every car has been built to meet specific requirement and will satisfy somebody.
If I do not want to change the car every two years, I would rather look for the value I get from the car than the resale value.
It is like buying a bull-o-cart for 1L just because you can resale it for the same price after 10 years.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
I think the point of the thread is to bring out each one's most disliked car and not to start a war about various manufacturers.

I think it could be a lot more fun if we streamlined it to the one car each member disliked the most and only chose from cars presently sold on our shores.
Also since it’s about each ones preference lets not take it personally.
You read my mind. This is exactly what i wanted to say
Old 29th February 2008, 22:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Corolla - Don't buy. No pleasure in driving. Too much of road noise, Pathetic paint, Not for highways.
Hey!. I Never thought that the corolla would come in this list. And i see two people against this car. Could you please explain so that we could understand about it a little more. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gemithomas : 29th February 2008 at 22:59.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Code Name:
Chevrolet Tavera

Reason:
Extremely noisy engine(Non CRDi)
No power
0 - 100 - I can reach 100 walking faster then how much time the Tavera takes ~ 27 secs
Leaf Springs
Dated Interiors
Stupid names like Neo and all
Poor resale

I can go on and on and on and on...........~!!
Old 29th February 2008, 23:21   #53
BHPian

My don't buy

My don't buy model is 911. Because I can never afford it .
Old 29th February 2008, 23:22   #54
BHPian

Chevy Aveo and UV-A

I like the cars per se but both have a very poor safety rating on the EURO NCAP.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
If I do not want to change the car every two years, I would rather look for the value I get from the car than the resale value.
It is like buying a bull-o-cart for 1L just because you can resale it for the same price after 10 years.
Opinion differs from person to person.

If a car has good resale value, I can sell it anytime I want, rather than getting stuck with one car, just because I'm not getting good price. But I don't mean that cars with good resale are always the best and vice-versa. And I also don't mean that I will settle something like a bullock cart.

Lets not debate on everybody's personal preference of 'dont buy' car. After all, everyone has his choice.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Nicejits... Have you driven the first Honda car? No, I have not either. Have you driven the first five Hyundai cars? I have not. The Hyundai which is 'cool' now in India and the Honda which is supreme are around fifty years old companies. The quality that you see is the end result of their effort over fifty years.

Making cars is not easy. If it was... we would have seen many more brands now. If it was easy Hyundai would not have struggled thirty years to gain bare respectability...

IMHO they deserve a chance. Not many companies developed sexy, reliable, desirable, intoxicating, fine handling and value for money cars within their first five products.

Note: I repeat this. Mahindra does not classify as a new company.
What is your point?

I'm not defending the other guy who in a moment of genius came up with a extension for T.A.T.A (I'm being sarcy of course).

Yes, Honda and Hyundai have become what they are now after being ridiculed, but Honda is a company which thrives on innovation. Please do not bung Honda and Hyundai in the same category. There has not been a single significant technological contribution to the auto industry by Hyundai till date while there's just too many to list by Honda. I know because I have read scores of SAE papers about the same.

Hyundai though makes a reliable product which is cheaper than the competition and backs it up with the industry's longest warranty and has been doing it since the late 90s when it was still being ridiculed. TATA on the other hand treats customers like guinea pigs and does online R & D after launching a vehicle. The TATA Safari that is so popular on this forum took ten years to get to where it is now.

IMO its just wrong for a company to take customers for granted however cheap the product is, I have been taken for a ride twice and all the TATA people have had to say in their defense is that I probably got 'bad stock'. If a car company cannot be sure that every second car off a production line is similar to the one before it then they are just missing something
altogether. I have good friend who is a TATA dealer among other things who advices his close friends not to go close to a TATA product until three years into its life-cycle.

Your argument would have been valid if you had'nt added the Mahindra addendum. Both TATA and Mahindra were/are UV manufacturers with recent forays into passenger cars. I think they deserve the same kind of chance, TATA has been at it longer than Mahindra.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:31   #57
BHPian

Hyunda Santro Xing

The engine of my car failed at 26,000 Kms.

[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman'][COLOR=black]The details are here:[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman'][COLOR=black]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-1-2years.html[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 29th February 2008, 23:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
I think the point of the thread is to bring out each one's most disliked car and not to start a war about various manufacturers.
I did just that in my last post, it was'nt intentional though. I just wanted to clarify a few things, the post is definitely irrelevant in what IMO is an irrelevant thread.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey!. I Never thought that the corolla would come in this list. And i see two people against this car. Could you please explain so that we could understand about it a little more. Thanks in advance.
My experience is with the base corolla. May be due to the high expectation from this best selling car, I was more disappointed by it's performance on highways. It was my fourth rented car (Hertz) in the US.
Since I had a corporate tie up and being a gold member, I had wider choice for cars. So I decided to drive different car every month. Out of 7 cars I drove (Aveo1.6L, Impala2.4L, Fusion2.4L, Corolla1.8L, Civic 1.8L, sebring2.4L, Sonata 2.4L), corolla was the worst handler on highways. It was so stressful and scary on highways due to the loose steering, body vibration, noise from road (not engine noise) and bit of body rolling during high speed turns. Breaking (ABS) is nothing great to mention.
If the base model of corolla is sold at 9L onroad, it will be justifiable. I match corolla base with SX4 (corolla has better power though).
On the other hand the Ford Fusion2.4L (sedan) was amazing on the highways. Very certain and predictable cruise.
I wish if Maruti had a tie up with Ford/Chevy instead of Suzuki
Old 1st March 2008, 00:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well. I searched all around and found lots of people asking not to buy one car or the other. Just thought it would of help to a new car buyer if we could put our personal opinions on which cars Not to buy. Please also mention clearly the reason for a "Dont Buy" tag.

Here is my "Dont Buy Car". I know i'm gonna get killed for this.

Code Name:
Maruti Swift LDi

Reason:
- No essential features including even rear wiper (highly necessary for hatches)
- No steering adjustment (i expect that in a hatch at the 5L range)
- Highly mismatching tyres (i think atleast 70% of owners go straight to the accesory shop for an upgrade)
- All Black interiors (Personally i felt it very boring within 5 mins of drive)
- Harsh low speed ride.
- No Rear Parcel Tray!!!! (Common Man. Is 5L so cheap??)
- Rattles Rattles and More Rattles (Well not sure if it has change in new models but that was what i felt in the 3 test drive vehicles (2 Brand new ones waiting for delivery and 1 Test Drive Vehicle))
- Ask for something as small as a digital clock and they'll say its not there on the LDi
- The rear seats are not at all comfortable and is very cramped for long trips. 5 is really a crowd here!
AM very surprised to find the more important aspects of a car that are missing from a safety perspective are missing in this list. Missing things include ORVM on the passenger side and a day/night rear view mirror inside.
Don't other folks find these important? They in my opinion make a world of difference especially in a swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks