Team-BHP - Shell petrol/diesel worth paying the premium?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Shell petrol/diesel worth paying the premium? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36235-shell-petrol-diesel-worth-paying-premium.html)

Hi all,
The Petrol and diesel price in Shell is at a premium of Rs 5/- :Shockked:and Rs 6/- :Shockked:,when compared to other petrol pumps,is it worth paying the price ? No doubts its service is good.
cheers
msvg

hi,

I think petrol available at shell is good enough for the price we need to pay. I get atleast 3-4 kms more per ltr when i use this. And the ride also seems to be more smoother.

No idea about the diesel... Cant use it in my bike lol:

Avoid shell Super Diesel on CRDI /DDIS engine at all cost. It will induce lot of smoke if you go for sudden accelaration (if you rev over 2500 RPM).

Personally speaking, the one time I filled Shell Premium over Shell regular for my Swift was enough to dissuade me from ever going in for Premium. There was absolutely no difference in experience over regular petrol.

Spending extra Rs.5 on shell is absolute waste of money. There are so many good company-owned outlets of IOC, BP, and HP filling stations who sells good quality petrol. Better to find one of them, and fill regularly there.

I swear by Shell Super :D

After reading some discussions on regular and premium I did try using regular and I immediately felt the difference, only shell premium for me :)

Definitely not worth the extra money. Tried the diesel on my old Palio and mileage dropped by 1 kmpl.

In fact lost the same amount even on the regular diesel. Not sure why. Always used to get an average of 12 in city with BPCL/IOC and HP. This was a real bad experience and have never gone back there for my Swift.

Spending 4rs more on shell premium makes sense for me,
quality and peace of mind is best at shell.

When we spend 5rs for each cigaratte we smoke, why not spend 4rs extra for a quality fuel for our bikes and cars which we love more than our ciggarates. i am still sticking to shell untill and unless it reaches rs 60 per litre :p

Absolute waste of money, i think they should have stopped the premium and sticked on to reg ones instead, even if it was Rs 2 costlier, would have paid for the quality and quantity control :D

For now IOC works best, petrol or diesel.

To keep the u guys updated , shell has again increased the price of Super petrol and super diesel ,now its Rs 6 /- and Rs 10/- respectively.

mods please move this to general folder .

cheers
MSVG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 742144)
For now IOC works best, petrol or diesel.

Yep, IOC for me too. Bye Bye Shell.

My opinion is, I feel the normal petrol available at other pumps is good enough. Paying premium for Shell is of no use. This is my experience using shell petrol and normal petrol. I use HP normal for my vehicle. I have no problem with this.

I, use to fill Shell Diesel super but stopped after the price went up. Not much of a difference in performance. Was filling normal IOC Diesel, which was much better. One day had to fill Xtramile diesel from IOC and found the Octy very sluggish and not responsive at all.

Am just going to stick to normal diesel from IOC. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 740635)
Hi all,
The Petrol and diesel price in Shell is at a premium of Rs 5/- :Shockked:and Rs 6/- :Shockked:,when compared to other petrol pumps,is it worth paying the price ? No doubts its service is good.
cheers
msvg

If you ask me, this is just another way of throwing money down the tubes. I don't see any reason to "shell" out a premium for shell. IOC regular fuel is just as good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO - Touring (Post 749874)
If you ask me, this is just another way of throwing money down the tubes. I don't see any reason to "shell" out a premium for shell. IOC regular fuel is just as good.

Shell petrol is absolutely useless for the extra price. I get more mileage with IOC. Don't know about diesel.