Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2005, 14:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, man, although I like Jezza reviews, I never judge a car by them. He is a great comperer, but his word is never final, and never will be.
TIFF IS MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if you remember the Lotus S111 test. Jeremy hated the car for it's understeery characteristics only to be mocked by the Lotus test driver who said "The prob is not with the car, but with Jeremy's driving style". Haha. And then he takes JC on a wild ride around the track to show him how it should be done.

Shan2nu
Old 26th January 2005, 18:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

I feel the milage figures given in OD are quiet unrealistic, they gave RS figure as 21kmpl in their test and it happens in the case of many cars. I also feel that some writeups are just copied from somewhere like the first drive report of BMW M5 in Jan issue and they didn't mention the authors name too. I always trust ACI.
Old 26th January 2005, 18:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel the milage figures given in OD are quiet unrealistic, they gave RS figure as 21kmpl in their test and it happens in the case of many cars.
I wouldn't say unrealistic. but yeah , they're not practically possible on a daily basis.

I believe all those cars are capable of such figures but, no owner in his right mind will want to drive like that.

Last time i drove my car between 80-100, i got 18.6 kmpl with A/C.

Shan2nu
Old 27th January 2005, 00:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

i think they had also posted some wrong speeds for highest speen in particular gear.But they appolgised for it in the next issue.Why can't u guys just treat it as a printing mistake that has been oversited time and again(because no one has pointed) and hence printed wrong all the time.Normally ACI gives fairly accurate topspeeds for the vehicles tested.

(Also Shan2nu
"They get some of the wierdest set of timings for each car. I lost faith in their performance figures, the day i read that the City 1.5 had a top speed of 185kmph and the City Vtec was infact slower by 1 kmph (at 184 kmph). ")

as for the Vtec City and standard City honda could have modified the gearing(90% true) and hence the lower speed.

Most Viewed