Team-BHP - getz top speed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   getz top speed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3631-getz-top-speed.html)

i read the getz road test in autocar india in october issue and was very disappointed to see the top speed as just 130 kmph,as i have personally driven the getz i know its capable of atleast 160kmph thinking of this i decided to wait for next months issue but then even there was no error info. in november edition of ACI.even in the latest issues of ACI s new carbuyers guide the error continues to be there is a error or it is true?

Yeah I remember having a good laugh when I read that myself. Unless my car speedo over-reads by about 35 km/h, 130 is definitely not the car's top speed. I'm sure the speedo is over-reading at 165 give or take, so I'd imagine around 150-155 would be its true top speed.

dude wats wrong with these people,i had the chance to drive a getz on the delhi-mathura highway and it easily managed 160kmph,also considering the speedo error the actual speed must be around 150 kmph.
i think its time they should change their test kits.

I just read yesterday night in ACI and was taken aback. Could not sleep properly.
Checked with some posts early morning here and a sigh of relieve, 160...... yeah ok ! Mine still with 500 odd kms on odo..... would require some time to open up.

Quote:

i think its time they should change their test kits.
Dude, i thinkt ACI recently bought the Vbox II Racelogic GPS testing gear (also used by Overdrive) which is one of the most reputed and accurate testing gear in the world.

I'll tell you what the thing is. ACI is good at writeups, their photographs are the best i've seen in any Indian auto mag but when it comes to testing cars, i dunno what goes wrong.

They get some of the wierdest set of timings for each car. I lost faith in their performance figures, the day i read that the City 1.5 had a top speed of 185kmph and the City Vtec was infact slower by 1 kmph (at 184 kmph).

Think about it, same design, same chassis, same weight, same aerodynamics, same wheel circuference and the Vtec is 6 bhp more powerful. Even if the City 1.5 touched 185kmph, it would have to be in the 5th gear (which is out of the question), since the 4th gear maxes out at 172 kmph (true speed).

Most probably, it was the speedo reading that they've taken into consideration.

But see what Overdrive got for these 2 cars. City 1.5 170-172kmph, Vtec - 185kmph.

Shan2nu

also according to ACI,the new zen does 145kph.when it really does 155 acc to maruti.and the tire talk in ACI was always crap.whenever they advised anyone on upsizes,they never seemed to know abt something called OD.all their recomended upsizes and OD figures were always wrong.

and the getz having 130 something as its top speed was lol: .even the M800 has higher top speeds.

regarding Overdrive,i dont think they are any better.the quality of the paper and the writing just sukkkkks.

seems like Overdrive is more intersted in increasing the number of pages rather than the information.

the thing is that overdrive tests their cars on a proper track while ACI just does it god knows where

aci gives wagonR 0-100 at abt 14.xx secs.. while it gives Santro 0-100 of 17.xx odd seconds...
Now in overdrive, the situation is reverse.. Santro 14.xx secs, WagonR 17.xx secs for 0-100...

dont know which one to trust..

Quote:

aci gives wagonR 0-100 at abt 14.xx secs.. while it gives Santro 0-100 of 17.xx odd seconds...
Now in overdrive, the situation is reverse.. Santro 14.xx secs, WagonR 17.xx secs for 0-100...

dont know which one to trust..
Incorrect, according to OD the Santro takes 16.95 secs to hit 100, compared to Wagon R's 17.38.

Shan2nu

Personally, OD tests are more accurate in the statistics department.......but ACI is better in assesing handling and other characteristics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Incorrect, according to OD the Santro takes 16.95 secs to hit 100, compared to Wagon R's 17.38.

Shan2nu

thanks for correcting.... but compare OD's 17.38 to ACI's 14.85 (wagonr)... how come this difference...

Quote:

but ACI is better in assesing handling and other characteristics.
Handling quality differs from person to person. Even if you look at the international scenario.

Jeremy Clarkson thinks the Mclaren F1 is a horrible handler, too skittish for his liking. But at the same time, Tiff Needell loves it to the core. He says the Mclaren handles beautifully and is probably the best production car ever made.

I'd stick to Tiffs views as he has been there............ driven it. The Mclaren F1 is a great car if you know how to handle it, but...........when JC comments on the car, he's talking from a layman's point of view. More like "You and me".

So, in a way, both their statements are justifiable.

Shan2nu

i feel ACI is a far better in statistics

Quote:

thanks for correcting.... but compare OD's 17.38 to ACI's 14.85 (wagonr)... how come this difference...
That i could never understand. Prob ACI test drove the Wagon R on a slope. Lol
And , if you read some of their older issues, most of their tops speeds had (estimated) written next to them.

ACI have never been as statistically inclined as overdrive.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Handling quality differs from person to person. Even if you look at the international scenario.

Jeremy Clarkson thinks the Mclaren F1 is a horrible handler, too skittish for his liking. But at the same time, Tiff Needell loves it to the core. He says the Mclaren handles beautifully and is probably the best production car ever made.

I'd stick to Tiffs views as he has been there............ driven it. The Mclaren F1 is a great car if you know how to handle it, but...........when JC comments on the car, he's talking from a layman's point of view. More like "You and me".

So, in a way, both their statements are justifiable.

Shan2nu

Yeah, man, although I like Jezza reviews, I never judge a car by them. He is a great comperer, but his word is never final, and never will be.
TIFF IS MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!