Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 07:11   #271
JRD
BHPian

Guys. got a call from my ford dealer asking me when I'm coming to pick up the fiesta, and he mentioned that the new ikon is coming on November 5th. In showrooms across India. 1.4 TDCi is there. i didn't ask him about the petrol 1.3 but i think that will stay without the josh factor.

Also on asking him specifically about the 1.6 Tdci for the fiesta. He clearly mentioned that there were no news what so ever about the 1.6 TDCi :(

Oh well lets see the Ikon on November 5th.

Last edited by JRD : 17th October 2008 at 07:13.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:22   #272
BHPian

That's a good news.Did you ask how much will be the Ex-showroom price?
Old 17th October 2008, 07:28   #273
JRD
BHPian

Yes I did and he mentioned they will be getting complete information by the end of october. I think the diesel one will definitely be around the dzire's price bracket.

I'll keep updating everyone.
Old 19th October 2008, 17:12   #274
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I saw 2 TDCI Ikons at Ascendas, Chennai today morning. Beige and Maroon color cars. Guess it was for some photoshoot, since one chap had a long range DSLR. The front grill looks more like a compressed new Fiesta. Dint get a chance to look into any more details, since I was getting late. But I assume the launch is pretty close now
Hey people,

I too saw the new face lifted ikon on my way back to chennai from chengalpattu where fords plant is located.It looks ditto to the photograph revealed by autocarindia .just like fiesta. i cound not get a peep into interiors as it was coming on opposite direction,No change in boot light i suppose.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:41   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

It's beige interiors, going with current flow. Possible single trim at launch time. Minor changes to dash - possibly the individual components in the dash-board.
Old 25th October 2008, 23:16   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

First Impressions

The old Ikon is supposed to have a Sporty look.

I prefer the new styling. It's much more elegant. I find the new front styling - head-lamps & bumper - now much more in sync with the boot. Let me explain : The boot of the Ikon has well defined lines - clean, straight. This was paired with curved shapes in the front. This mis-match has kept me away from the Ikon for a long time. So much that I didnt even check out it's positives.

Not any more. She looks so much better. Autocar got it quite right. A couple of things they missed (but not by much) is the crease lines form above the head-lamps to the wind-shield. The image shows the center part of the bonnet to be depressed a little, while it is actually raised a little, just like the current Ikon's bonnet. The other things that are different are the fog lamps - the round fog-lamps are encased in a slightly wider 'box' (see the autocar snap below). Also, there's a horizontal slat in the bumper, below the number-plate

The look is familiar. So much that I dug out photos of the Mustang. The hollow-look of where the grille would have been gives it a nice touch.
Ford Ikon Flair to have 1.4TDCI and Fiesta to have 1.6TDCI-babymustang.jpg

The instrument cluster now sports a digital odo. The TDCi engine red-lines at 4.5k, but is marked upto 6k. Speedo is marked upto 220. Kerb weight is about a tonne, approximately 150kg below the Fiesta. Expect to get about 1-2 kmpl more than the Fiesta.

Tyres are still the same R13's as on the Ikon, so upsizing may get tricky. The coil springs on the inside of the front wheels are very close to the front tyres, so cant go in for tyres that are too wide, or too high a profile than what's there on the Flair.

Engine noise seemed a little high - possibly because it was cold at that time. But then, the 1.4 TDCi is not new. So you know how it will sound.

Interiors are the same as on the Flair, but for a slightly different shade of beige. Almost cream fabric on the seats & the door panels. The top of the dash is dark brown, with black for the rest of the dash where the controls are - a/c, HU housing, Console housing.

Mirrors have not changed. Same internally adjustable ORVM's.

So now, time to wait for the launch. This is one that I am looking forward to ..
Old 25th October 2008, 23:37   #277
Team-BHP Support

Condor, looks like you had a look at the car! Where?
Digi odo is a welcome change. Any ideas about expected price?

Just for a comparo regarding the front views, here is a pic of the outgoing design, which is my favourite.

Ford Ikon Flair to have 1.4TDCI and Fiesta to have 1.6TDCI-copy-catlike-stance.jpg
Old 25th October 2008, 23:41   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Guys. got a call from my ford dealer asking me when I'm coming to pick up the fiesta, and he mentioned that the new ikon is coming on November 5th. In showrooms across India. 1.4 TDCi is there. i didn't ask him about the petrol 1.3 but i think that will stay without the josh factor.

Also on asking him specifically about the 1.6 Tdci for the fiesta. He clearly mentioned that there were no news what so ever about the 1.6 TDCi :(

Oh well lets see the Ikon on November 5th.
Serious? Thought we can forget about the Ikon as they launched the new 1.6S version.
Old 25th October 2008, 23:44   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Remember the two red Ikon's spotted on Hosur Road ? I saw one of them today. Price not known, but my guess is that it could be about 6.5L OTR. Looks like the the exact numbers are being held back.

I actually liked the grille on the out-going design, compared to the previous grille's.

Btw, remote boot release is still not a stock feature !

Last edited by condor : 25th October 2008 at 23:54.
Old 25th October 2008, 23:48   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Serious? Thought we can forget about the Ikon as they launched the new 1.6S version.
The enthusiast market that the 1.6s appeals to, has been vacated by the Ikon long back, with the phasing out of the 1.6. Ford needs a vfm diesel sedan offering, which is this.

Last edited by 1100D : 25th October 2008 at 23:55.
Old 26th October 2008, 00:59   #281
BHPian

If that is the new design, i prefer the current design!
I do not like the headlamps, fog lamps ect seems like its spoiling the show, the current one is smooth.
On hearing about the new Ikon I was sort of dejected about having the current one, but now I'm glad that I have the current one.
Old 26th October 2008, 01:05   #282
Team-BHP Support

I had another look at the Autocar pic, and felt something wasnt right. So i stretched the pic a bit. Looks more proportioned now, and not top-heavy.

Here it is :

Ford Ikon Flair to have 1.4TDCI and Fiesta to have 1.6TDCI-clip_image002.jpg
Old 26th October 2008, 01:34   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I had another look at the Autocar pic,
Attachment 63766
I might be wrong, but the number plate part and the part below the grill on this one looks like a atempted photoshop job or pic quality could have been down graded for reasons.
Old 26th October 2008, 02:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

You have a totally different front but the rear is a big let down. Its got the same old rear. They need to redesign that. Or else chop the boot and make it to the Original MK5 thats sold all over.
Old 26th October 2008, 07:28   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

@gendarmee, the shape of the bumper below the number plate is correct. That's how it is on the car.

One point I missed : the spares are expected not to cost as much as before. Ford is supposed to have worked on this complaint to improve matters here.

It's not sub-4m, so cannot compete with the Indigo CS. Will be pitched against the DZire & Logan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks