Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 12:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Relaunch of Ikon is a welcome news. I find it much better looking than many modern sedans, including Fiesta. But they should change the ORVMs, which in my opinion, are the sore spot on Ikon. The ORVMs on Ikon look disproportionately tiny. Even the shape is not good and the rubber articulated hoses make it look even worse. They should make 'em bigger, body-coloured and motorize 'em. Electric ORVMs are not luxury but necessity and it beats me why manufacturers do not provide this feature as basic. No version of Swift / Dzire has this electric ORVM feature. Adjusting the passenger side ORVM in any car is a pain. You reach for it , adjust and when you sit back, you find the mirror off mark. So you try again and again till you get it right. It takes 2 / 3 attempts to get it right. At least they should motorize the passenger ORVM. Anyway, coming to Ikon, the taillight should be clear lens. The fog lamp in Ikon is spot on-- in size, shape and brightness. They should leave it alone. The dash should go. I do not like that sccoped out dash at the passenger side. Finally if they can price Ikon reasonably, it would be more of a sedan than Dzire/Indigo/Logan.

Sorry, I mean scooped out dash.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd May 2008 at 23:20. Reason: Please use the same post to manage content for upto 20 minutes
Old 7th April 2008, 21:03   #77
BHPian

I checked it out.
I dont like the snub shape, I prefer the current sleek shape.
Old 17th April 2008, 12:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I checked it out.
I dont like the snub shape, I prefer the current sleek shape.
. It doesnt have the Ikon Charm. The interiors also look quite basic.
Hope Ford makes some changes before they launch it.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:20   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
. It doesnt have the Ikon Charm. The interiors also look quite basic.
Hope Ford makes some changes before they launch it.
Looks like they are using the Ikon's name for its new car, like what maruti did for with the Estillo, the opposite of re-branding.
Its a completely new car with the same ikon interiors, 1.2L petrol engine, and would be something like the Aveo in size.
Should be cheaper than the current Ikon by the way things look (1.2 litre ROCAM to reduce tax bracket, small size tax bracket ect)
Old 18th April 2008, 03:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

From the external proportions, the Novo Ka certainly looks to be based ont he gen 5 Fiesta which the Ikon too is.

Looks being subjective, looks good to me. No reason why they cant graft the same face onto the Ikon.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:39   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Relaunch of Ikon is a welcome news. I find it much better looking than many modern sedans, including Fiesta. But they should change the ORVMs, which in my opinion, are the sore spot on Ikon. The ORVMs on Ikon look disproportionately tiny. .
I love the ikon (me and my dad both have one ) and incase it is launched with the new 1.4 engine, i know what my next car is gonna be. As everyone here said , they do need to revamp the interiors, give height adjustable seats and tiltable steering with better brakes. If this is done there is no way it wont do well (if priced correctly)

I agree with you there sagar.The ORVMs are a pain to adjust ,the only thing i love about them is that they are sturdy and foldable both ways. I have had so many instances of cab drivers and bikers hitting the rvm while overtaking but thankfully it just folds the other way and i just need to pull it back to its original position.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:34   #82
BHPian

fingers crossed

The Brazilian Ka sedan has interiors worst than the current Indian Ikon. Hope Ford doesn't get that interiors when its launched here.
Old 18th April 2008, 20:58   #83
BHPian

The catch-- Ford small car may come to India in 2008, may use Ikon or Fiesta platform or be based on the KA

This isn't reminiscent of the Ikon or a 5th gen fiesta

So, for is using the Ikon name to launch its small car in the Indian market. Neat marketing tactic.

Last edited by gendarmee : 18th April 2008 at 21:09. Reason: adding link
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6TDci and Ikon 1.4TDci

Got a news from Ford friend that a new Ford Fiesta 1.6TDci is coming soon within 3 months and Ford Ikon is coming with 1.4TDci.
1.6TDci is around 90Bhp and 205NM torque.
Ford ikon will come with some interior changes
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

Its been a news for long and I hope its near to materialisation. I hope they do a facelift along with the Engine upgradation. The current fiesta's dont have that josh look to carry the josh engine. Its a tad too sedate looking.
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:44   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice! Long live the Ikon!
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:57   #87
Team-BHP Support

That would be nice, Ford for a change is offering some nice maintanence package which make it cheaper than erstwhile esteem when it comes to cost of ownership, esp for fleet owners.

Good move i say, they had good product, somehow marketing part was on and off.
Old 5th May 2008, 16:47   #88
BHPian

Well there are going to be some interior changes and some exterior changes as well.

Found a article on the Ikon 1.4 here
Old 5th May 2008, 16:51   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b View Post
Found a article on the Ikon 1.4 here
Doesnt say anything more than what we already know.
Old 5th May 2008, 16:58   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Doesnt say anything more than what we already know.
Well i meant to say, this news is true as its there at quite a few places, so i guess the news is confirmed and the new Ikon should get the TDCi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks