Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I hope ford does an indigo CS on their ikon.
Why would they want to do that? They already have Fusion!
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Good Move

They should have done this one year back. Anyway, better late than never.Excellent thinking. This move will take on both Swift D and Dezire if priced rightly. Icon still looks good and offcourse a comfortable sedan. And now it is going to be fast and fuel efficient. The only thing on wish list would be a good A.S.S back up from FORD and a reasonable price tag. Am I asking too much ?
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:43   #33
BHPian

This is fact that Ford should certianly look into i.e . A.S.S all boils down to this very fact how economical are Ford's spares...

This will do the trick.. gone are the days Ford can give any excuses
The perception of better A.S.S and cheaper spares will work wonders for Ford to surge ahead.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
This is fact that Ford should certianly look into i.e . A.S.S all boils down to this very fact how economical are Ford's spares...

This will do the trick.. gone are the days Ford can give any excuses
The perception of better A.S.S and cheaper spares will work wonders for Ford to surge ahead.
Cheaper spares as well as the tendency to change a part without checking to see if it can be rectified;

Case in point: My family owns two Ikon 1.6's; one driven & maintained by me and the other driven by my Mother. Both our cars developed the same problem around two months aprt from one another (mine in December) and hers last week). Basically the unit that contains the coolant flow valves & thermostat switch (Thermostat elbow in Ford terminology) developed a leak and had to be replaced.

While I bought the unit from Opera house and had it fitted by my regular mechanic, my mother had the car sent to an Authorised Ford dealership. They also insisted that her radiator fan switch required changing.

My expense for the part + labour was approx 1500 /- while Ford ran us up a bill for 9500 /-

The price for the elbow was 1250 /- from Opera house while Ford charged us 5400 /-

With such a discrepancy in prices, I find it hard to trust most of the things the Mechanics at Ford workshops tell me.

This needs to be addressed by Ford if they want to have any kind of mass appeal.

Suhail
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
As per AUTOCAR, Ford shall launch a diesel version of ikon with 1.4 diesel engine, probably the one doing duty in Fiesta.
The car would take on growing diesel segment in economy class sedans & premium hatches eg. Swift(dzire included), logan, Fabia etc.
But, considering it a ten year old car, with current sales in trickles, will Ford India be able to see the charts booming?

Ford burnt their hands with Ikon 1.8 Diesel, so did I

But one thing is sure Ikon is a gr8 driver's car....
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:50   #36
BHPian

Swale84,

Thats too much... may i suggest to get in touch with ford plant in Chennai
Dhushyanth/ Lokesh/ Karthika/ Aarthi at Customer Care ph:-044-27459218, custmail@ford.com
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Case in point: My family owns two Ikon 1.6's; one driven & maintained by me and the other driven by my Mother. Both our cars developed the same problem around two months aprt from one another (mine in December) and hers last week). Basically the unit that contains the coolant flow valves & thermostat switch (Thermostat elbow in Ford terminology) developed a leak and had to be replaced.

While I bought the unit from Opera house and had it fitted by my regular mechanic, my mother had the car sent to an Authorised Ford dealership. They also insisted that her radiator fan switch required changing.

My expense for the part + labour was approx 1500 /- while Ford ran us up a bill for 9500 /-

The price for the elbow was 1250 /- from Opera house while Ford charged us 5400 /-

With such a discrepancy in prices, I find it hard to trust most of the things the Mechanics at Ford workshops tell me.

This needs to be addressed by Ford if they want to have any kind of mass appeal.

Suhail
OT: Hey man, I have experienced the same problem and cauvery ford a dealer in Bangalore is charging a hell. They are charging an whopping Rs.3500 for thermostat and another 400 as fitment charges approximately. Will post the detailed experience with the dealership after I receive the car tomorrow. But they have already postponed the delivery 2 days from their promise. They call this as FORD SERVICE.
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, a polite request: lets stick to the topic at hand - Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi. Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

What took them so long? Altough, that is, if this news is true.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:02   #40

What will be the cost range for this model?
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:10   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Why would they want to do that? They already have Fusion!
Which is almost twice as expensive as the CS!

I guess he meant, well priced with a diesel heart. A sure recipe for success in the Indian market.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure of the success of this one. The Ikon has got to become a little boring these days. I would have preferred a more basic version of the fiesta with a 'HUGE' price reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Amazing news, if its true. Plonking a TDCi on the Ikon was something i had been suggesting since ages. I believe i even made a mention of that to the service guys at my dealer. Looks like some feedback has been taken into account.

Buttttt, my benny boy is excited & that is all i wish. Thank you Ford.
Old 3rd March 2008, 23:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Ford burnt their hands with Ikon 1.8 Diesel, so did I

But one thing is sure Ikon is a gr8 driver's car....
i thought it did fairly well - atleast they sold a lot in Kerala ( any diesel sells well there i guess.. )
Old 4th March 2008, 02:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Ikon 1.8D was a bad car. This was one of the first modern diesel cars I drove. The 7 kms drive impressed me though my friend who let me drive wasnt happy with the services costs. He went on to drive almost 70000kms+ and exchanged for a Scorpio.

I am wondering how long will they pull the Ikon model. Perhaps a totally facelift for 1.4D may work.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont think Ikon 1.8D was a bad car. This was one of the first modern diesel cars I drove. The 7 kms drive impressed me though my friend who let me drive wasnt happy with the services costs. He went on to drive almost 70000kms+ and exchanged for a Scorpio.

I am wondering how long will they pull the Ikon model. Perhaps a totally facelift for 1.4D may work.

definitely the Ikon 1.8 was really good...at least i enjoyed the car for one year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks